It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake Earth illusion - footage from Apollo 11, 1969

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by pshea38

I imagine Proubird joined this site for similar reasons to why I did...a desire to investigate claims of unusual events, conspiracies, and help deny ignorance.

I for one have a deep seated need to understand our place in the universe and the beings in it besides ourselves. If someone presents evidence of chicanery in regards to events that are, like the moon landing, world changing; then we owe it to ourselves to lend our own understanding and specific knowledge to the conversation.

Claiming people are paid spokesmen for nefarious black government shadow men is silly and counterproductive.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

OK, not quite horizontal. Even after he's on his feet he looks like he's being lifted off the floor to me.

I'm not convinced all the footage is legit. I know that doesn't mean that Apollo never happened but it's suspect to me.

How many still shots during EVA did they take with the Hasselblad over all of the missions? I'm still trying to get my head around this one too....

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
He always has a foot on the ground. He is helped by the standing astronaut. It's clear.

Originally posted by Pimander

How many still shots during EVA did they take with the Hasselblad over all of the missions? I'm still trying to get my head around this one too....

A lot.
www.hq.nasa.gov...
edit on 1/11/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by pshea38

There is no compelling case for a Moon landing hoax. There is nothing but a patchwork of claims which hold no water on their own or, more telling, have any consistency. Many of the claims are based on deception, such as the one in the OP.

Sure Phage! All of the multitude of Apollo anomalies unearthed by the many, many
intelligent and respected reasearchers can be simply put down to co-incidence and chance.
Sure Phage!

9/11 anyone?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by pshea38

There are some honest misunderstandings and lot of blatant dishonesty on the part of hoax believers and promoters.

I have no idea what you're talking about when you say "co-incidence and chance."

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Pimander

No. He does not.
Go to 2:10
www.youtube.com...
H

He definitely does.Also the item thsat falls of of him does not seem to much affected by low gravity.and of course ,the glints

I remember some footage were you could see someone,a third person without a suit on the right side of the screen accidently coming into view. lets see if i can find it.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by pshea38

All of the multitude of Apollo anomalies unearthed .....

Not one. Not one that isn't chalked up to either poor understanding of science, or intentional deception by using the worst possible resolution materials, whether still or photo.

by the many, many
intelligent and respected reasearchers...

"intelligent" and "respected"??

This is a joke, right? Who, Bart Sibrel??

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Rafe_

Also the item thsat falls of of him does not seem to much affected by low gravity....

Two things here......in that crappy abortion of a YouTube video, the actual footage has been sped up (an intentional deception on the part of the YouTube maker???)

Second thing, the sample collection bag that drops is also accelerated by the motion of the Astronaut's body as he bobs to get up and gain footing (with assist by the other guy). Fill a Baggie with sand, and drop it.....then do it again, but give it a downward shove at the same time. Measure the time difference for the fall.

Another thing, and just pay attention to both Apollo AND modern EVA footage, to see how stiff those suits are. The suits also have a bit of spring in them, due to being inflated in a vacuum. This is both a hindrance, in terms of flexibility, and an advantage if you can angle yourself and balance in a way to use the "springiness" to help you.

.....and of course ,the glints ....

LONG ago explained, and yet still comes up because of David Percy, and another silly "hoax" movie.

The "glints" are from the communications antennae on top of the PLSS (backpacks).

PLSS images

edit on Wed 11 January 2012 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Just a disclaimer for readers of this. I do think that Humans have set foot on the Moon. I do think there is evidence that Apollo went to the Moon. I also think there is evidence that not all of the footage is legitimate. I have also noticed something else VERY interesting but can't say because the clues will rapidly dry up if I let on.

I definitely DO NOT think I have all the answers or know it all about this. Yes, I'm a bit of a know it all about certain topics but that's because I know what I'm talking about with those. I really am trying to get to the bottom of this like so many of you. I DO HAVE A SCIENTIFIC BACKGROUND THOUGH. I'm not just a conspiracy theorist with an axe to grind for NASA. I am completely ready to change my position at any time in the light of new information but I demand the same levels of proof for the extraordinary claims of NASA as any other extraordinary claim.

P.S. That astronaut DOES look like he is on a string.

edit on 11/1/12 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

How long are these antenna ?

Peace

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Well Well Well I have just scanned through the entire transcript for Apollo 11 mission and there are plenty of comments from the crew about the amazing views through the windows.

The Sun The Earth The Moon Venus but very curiously not one single mention of any stars.
Very curious - Like I said I listened to all the broadcasts some 43 years ago
"There are no stars where are the stars" one of the crew exclaimed in a gobsmacked manner then zap broadcast cut - I know I heard it because I was with several family members and we discussed it at the time.
In all the transcript not one sighting of any stars only our star the Sun - To me it is inexplicable and I feel it has been omitted for reasons I do not know.
As for faked photos there is nothing to indicate that just the opposite in fact - read the transcript
edit on 11-1-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-1-2012 by artistpoet because: typo typo

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by PollyPeptide
Now I"m just curious, but does this mean that the pictures taken by the lunar reconnaissance orbiter are fake too??

www.nasa.gov...

What does this proof? I can too open paint and add w/e i want to a photo...

"Oh but these were made in 19XX, there was no photoshop back in da days"

well if they say the army is 30 years ahead of us, well that put us almost at photoshop released date....

say what?

we can easily proove they never went to the moon, they can hardly proove they went...

"oh but they have equipement left from the missions on the moon"

if they can send probes to jupiter and stuff, they can easily send fake equipments on the moon.

WE NEVER WENT TO THE MOON

THE MOON IS HOLLOW

IT RESONATE LIKE A BELL WHEN YOU CRASH SOMETHING ON IT

The moon is a momento left by another planet sharing our earth orbit or a planetary size spaceship from a outer-space civilization.

The moon is too big for the earth

The moon doesnt have the same composition as the earth so it didnt split from the earth...

how come the sand in the buggy video fall so quick on the moon, when it has half the gravity of the earth.

just the picture taken from the moon with different light source is enough for me to say it was faked. Doesnt make sense they had only 1 source of light, the sun, yet they have more then 1 shadow.... doesnt make #ing sense.

sorry but we never went to the moon

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

The Sun The Earth The Moon Venus but very curiously not one single mention of any stars.

The Human eye needs time in darkness, away from other bright light sources, to be able to see the much more relatively dim stars. Venus of course, because of distance, looks "small" as a star, but is exceedingly bright.

Check the internal transcripts, for when they were on the far side of the Moon, each orbit. Their eyes had time to adapt during each period of darkness, when both the Sun and Earth (and the earthlight) wasn't washing out the view of the star fields.

Oh, and keep in mind, real life is not like a science fiction movie, such as Star Wars....where the "stars" are actually exaggerated a lot, because that's what people expect to see.

And also......Apollo 11 lasted for about 6+ days......amazing you read all those transcripts (and listened to any audio) in jst a few hours?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

We also can't see any stars in the daytime sky from earth. The stars in the sky is one of the most elementary points made by hoaxers, an outline of their understanding of things.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

reply to post by pshea38

There are some honest misunderstandings and lot of blatant dishonesty on the part of hoax believers and promoters.

I have no idea what you're talking about when you say "co-incidence and chance."

do u play Lol phage

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

You did'nt answer my question ? Did you overlook it ?

?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

At the Apollo 11 debriefing press conference the Astronauts couldn't seem to agree on whether they could see stars?!?!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rafe_

He definitely does.Also the item thsat falls of of him does not seem to much affected by low gravity.and of course ,the glints

I remember some footage were you could see someone,a third person without a suit on the right side of the screen accidently coming into view. lets see if i can find it.

The "glints"? You mean like these?

I'm interested in seeing that third person though.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by skywalk

Your statements reflect a severe lack of understanding, and many false (but often repeated) claims.

There is a great deal to research on the topic, and you've only scratched the surface.

The Moon is not "hollow". This is a misunderstanding based on one person's description of a seismic experiment. There may be voids within (caverns) in the crust, but in any case the current GRAIL mission will be able to better map the internal structure and composition of the Moon, in its three-month program. The results will then be made public, I would think, and finally put to rest this nonsense.

The crust of the Moon, as examined by the Apollo samples, shows that it indeed did "calve off" from Earth, early in the formation of the Solar System. The science is clear on this, and indisputable

The Apollo equipment that is present, and photographed extensively by the LRO camera could NOT have been placed there by robots. To include the footpaths clearly visible in the photos. At ALL SIX landing sites.

This would be more difficult to do than going with manned missions......AND, every launch (even IF you want to say it's "possible" with robots) would be rather OBVIOUS....just as the manned missions were.

Sorry but, reality matters. The assertions of these fantasies, the "spaceship Moon" for instance (and many similar claims by so many people on the Internet) are equally ill-informed. And devoid of any scientific validity.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

Did you miss the "daylight side" part of what was said? Did you miss "without looking through the optics" part?

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join