It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's no such thing as a NASA UFO

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

That's right no Astronaut has ever seen a UFO and No NASA spacecraft has ever encountered an unidentified object ! ..... EVER !

Well at least that's what NASA wants you to believe. Has anyone else noticed NASA seems to be scared to death that someone might think one of their Astronauts saw a UFO ? What's the big deal I wonder ? And with thousands of Aircraft UFO encounters how could it even be possible that no Astronaut has ever seen a UFO or anything strange ? Do UFO's see the NASA logo and run away or something ?

What about these UFO pictures from the Gemini 11 mission ? Isn't this a UFO ?

Gemini 11 UFO Sighting - September 13, 1966

Gemini 11 - UFO Sighting

On September 13, 1966 during their sixteenth revolution, the Gemini 11 Astronauts, Charles "Pete" Conrad and Richard Gordon, Jr., sighted an object which they could not identify.

FROM THE TRANSCRIPT OF GEMINI-11, TAPE 133., PAGE 1 (SEPTEMBER 13, 1966):

"WE HAD A WINGMAN FLYING WING ON US GOING INTO SUNSET HERE OFF TO MY LEFT. A
LARGE OBJECT THAT WAS TUMBLING AT ABOUT 1 REV. PER SECOND, AND WE FLEW . . .
WE HAD HIM IN SIGHT, I SAY FAIRLY CLOSE TO US. I DON'T KNOW. IT COULD DEPEND
ON HOW BIG HE IS AND I GUESS HE COULD HAVE BEEN ANYTHING FROM OUR ELSS* TO
SOMETHING ELSE. WE TOOK PICTURES OF IT."

More info here - brumac.8k.com...

And what about the Apollo 11 UFO ?

Apollo Lunar Surface Journal (ALSJ) - image #AS11-36-5319 with UFO

link - www.hq.nasa.gov...

Lunar and Planetary Institute #AS11-36-5319 (same image but no UFO)

link - www.lpi.usra.edu...

Enhancement of the LPI version reveals the object was removed

link - files.abovetopsecret.com...

Cropped portion of the deliberately obfuscated LPI image

link - files.abovetopsecret.com...

The Lunar and Planetary Institute (LPI) is a scientific research institute dedicated to study of the solar system, its formation, evolution, and current state. The Institute is part of the Universities Space Research Association[1] (USRA) and is supported by the Science Mission Directorate of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration[2] (NASA)

link - en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

I think in that image where they airbrushed out the UFO, it could have actually been caused by the clouds/ice of the earth, relecting off of the camera lens, and that is reflecting off of the window and being picked up in the camera.

That sounds really drawn out, but when I think about it it makes pretty good sense.

There have also been some astronauts who have talked about UFOs, here's a video of Buzz Aldrin talking about a UFO that he saw on Apollo 20:

edit on 24-8-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
It's normal for organizations to whitewash things in such a manner because if there are anomalies it would only raise flags and questions. The focus is on the earth and the pretty stars or the planets, not the strange light patterns. If they do airbrush it, its to make the picture look nicer, not to stray people away. Though I'm a skeptic.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

I guess there's no such thing as flaws in photographs either.
I wonder what sort of UFO this is.

My god. It's full of stars...or something

edit on 8/24/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Thanks for the reply Tupac

I think in that image where they airbrushed out the UFO, it could have actually been caused by the clouds/ice of the earth, relecting off of the camera lens, and that is reflecting off of the window and being picked up in the camera.

That sounds really drawn out, but when I think about it it makes pretty good sense.

I never heard that explanation before and it's an interesting theory but according to NASA the object is debri or "space junk" ?

The white object near the right edge of the photo is one of hundreds of pieces of space junk associated with the disconnection of the Apollo spacecraft from the Saturn V rocket and the removal of the Lunar Module from the Saturn's S-IVB stage. The free-floating object is out of focus, indicating it is within three-meters of the camera's lens. This photo was taken with A handheld Hasselblad camera, using SO-368 colour 70mm film.

www.apollomissionphotos.com...

So I'm thinking it isn't a reflection like your suggesting but I appreciate your post and for trying to find an explanation

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

I guess there's no such thing as flaws in photographs either.
I wonder what sort of UFO this is.

My god. It's full of stars...or something

Hey Phage, hows it going ?

According to apollomissionphotos.com the object is something real and not an image flaw

Thanks for the reply though. Maybe since none of us were there and nobody can truly identify that object we should just say "I don't know" what it is ? I'm ok with that how about you ?

edit on 24-8-2011 by easynow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
It seems to be the opinion of Jerome Bascom that the Apollo image is of debris. Do you have something from NASA to that effect?

Do you have a source linking the first image you posted to the Gemini 11 sighting? The others are indeed from Gemini 11 but that one? Bruce Maccabee was really interested in the "real" images. His conclusion...confusion. An unknown satellite perhaps. Debris from the capsule perhaps. But yes, a UFO.

There is as yet no conclusion. One can try to be more accurate measuring the photos and perhaps get a better estimate of the angle between straight ahead and the Agena antenna to make theta 1 and theta 2 precise.

brumac.8k.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

"Do you have something from NASA to that effect?"

Not yet but since none of us were there when the picture was taken, none of us know what the object is and Jerome Bascom's opinion is just as good as anyone else's. We are all just making guesses and the object could be many different things including a UFO.

The source for the other image is posted, did you think that video was there for no reason ?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

I like Rod as much as anyone but I've seen so many videos (probably including that one) that my eyes glaze over. I don't consider shows like that to be sources.

Anyway. It seems that it is a blowup from 54660 (flipped). There's a tracing of a 100x blowup in Maccabee's analysis. Also one from 54661. It seems to have been an irregularly shaped object, tumbling as described by Conrad.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
There was a bit of debate between Jim Oberg and Brad Sparks about what the Gemini 11 object was. Oberg opted for a Proton 3 stage and Sparks calculated that it couldn't have been that as it was some 3000 miles away. From reading around, it looks like the object remained unidentified but they agreed it was something terrestrial even as they disagreed what it was. Reading a NASA transcript shows that pretty much all agreed it was a terrestrial UFO.

Over the years, the only NASA-associated UFOs that have caught my attention are the Skylab 3 'red satellite' and some of those odd lights in a handful of STS clips. Maybe it's a dumb point, but I wonder if NASA plotted the course of the 'red satellite' and tried to identify it on later orbits?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I like Rod as much as anyone but I've seen so many videos (probably including that one) that my eyes glaze over. I don't consider shows like that to be sources.

Whether you consider it a source or not is irrelevant because the video is the source of the image posted.

Anyway. It seems that it is a blowup from 54660 (flipped).

Yes and that might prove the video is, in this instance, a reliable source.

There's a tracing of a 100x blowup in Maccabee's analysis. Also one from 54661.

Why do you think I wouldn't already know that ?
FYI - I don't usually post links to information I haven't read or examined.

It seems to have been an irregularly shaped object, tumbling as described by Conrad.

Yes it appears the object is irregularly shaped but nobody really knows what it is or was.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I don't know where you are going with this thread OP , becuase Buzz Aldrin, Edgar Mitchell and Gordon Cooper have gone on record stating that they had ecounters on their missions and that we are not alone out there.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You say a photo flaw and then say debris..

Can't you make up your mind??

Sounds like you believe it's unidentified to me.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

My apologies. This case has been discussed often enough that it becomes kind of a blur when I see it mentioned. It would be nice if some new information were presented but it seems unlikely that it ever will be.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Isn't that Apollo 11 object now considered to be just a panel that had been detached from the booster rocket?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Who said debris?
Oh, you mean the Gemini 11 one? Yeah, that could be debris. I guess the Apollo 11 one could be debris too but I think it's an image thingy.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

Edgar Mitchell is on record having seen nothing at all, but he does believe in a lot of the views held by Steven Greer and Stephen Basset. Cooper never claimed to have seen a UFO whilst with NASA, but did make the claim of seeing UFOs over Germany serving with the USAF (iirc). Buzz Aldrin hasn't claimed to have seen any UFOs that he didn't think were space debris.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

Cooper never said nothing about an encounter on his only mission, nor did Mitchell.
Aldrin is sure he saw one of the SLA panels on Apollo 11. Here's his unedited version.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
It looks to me like figure 3A and figure 3B from the gemini 11 mission are reflections. In figure 3A, at the bottom, you can see something that looks like lit up switches. And around the object, in both pictures, there are arcs that could be explained by the internal lighting inside the cocpit.

I can't say much about the other examples. Maybe the image artifacts are due to the photo-processing equiment being in need of cleansing, or that there are stains/dirt on the negatives?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I can't comment on any of the photos as I am no expert in these matters however,

If any sane individual were to look at the evidence that is in the public domain it is clear, without a shadow of a doubt that NASA does not tell the whole truth when it comes to 'strange' events in space concerning its crew and sharing these events with the general public

This we can all agree on.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join