It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An odd revelation concerning the rumbling/buzzing sound phenomena.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

Originally posted by don rumsfeld
reply to post by kdog1982

Ok so I'm not insane. I've been looking into the fracking aspect & I'm almost convinced
this is the cause. Now I have to find the other map of The Sound & layer it with yours.

I do remember someone was making a map of the sounds,but that has been so long ago.
Good luck!

i'm becoming convinced it's likely fracking too. can someone find a good map of world fracking sites? i tried to upload one and it didn't work. also, it's such a fast moving thing that maps aren't being updated quick enough AND there aren't enough regulations. there may be places where they don't have to disclose where the facking is happening. the maps online are likely not accurate!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

there may be places where they don't have to disclose where the facking is happening.

This is true! The industries only have to report a new site if it is inquired about only. So yes, there is much much going on.
This is the only international map I could find too.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 10-1-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Sensi

Thanks for the post brother Sensi, I had very similar experience when I lived New Jersey. When the clouds blocked out the sky the rumble would be going for hours. It sounded just like you say like someone stopped an airplane over my house, but I could hear it all over town. This started after they built this large tower at the Picatinny arsenal research facility. I was told the tower is for "gravity and drop tests" what ever they might be. Heres a pic of the tower. It stands 200 feet above ground and 350 feet under. This is all the info I could force out of a friend

edit on 10-1-2012 by LongbottomLeaf because: oops

edit on 10-1-2012 by LongbottomLeaf because: TMI!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

You know Spec. I was just thinking about all that, and when they do hydraulic fracking, wouldn't that create "holes" beneath the Earth, which could cause shifting of the rock and earth? Could the booms be collapes of some kind....I don't know, just thinking....maybe that is what is causing all these small quakes in the south, when there never used to be any?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I heard a low rumbling the other day, maybe the day before yesterday, that lasted well about 10 minutes. When these threads first started popping up about a year ago I was skeptical and thinking people were just mistaking rumbling for planes or thunder. But now that I've been hearing some rumblings here recently I've realized that some of them just plane don't sound like either of those, or even oil rigs drilling. And it last's way longer than any plane I've heard flying.
I'm voting HAARP on this one.

Also, I'm in Central Texas.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Just heard this sound! Exactly as OP describes!

Southwestern Oklahoma Tuesday Jan. 10th 8:23pm.

Overcast, and weird!

Totally bizarre that I just happened to look back at ATS and this thread appeared.

Cue Twilight Zone theme song.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

Well...guess what! Kdog gave me a link to finding the sites, and apparently, there are 73 fracking sites in my parish (county)!!!!! OMG....this is a small parish too....can that be right??? I have to look into this more.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LongbottomLeaf

You know, if indeed this is caused by fracking.....it creates a LOT of noise....perhaps the clouds "trap" that noise somehow, and sort of amplifies it and "bounces " it around in the atmosphere? But still....how does that explain all the worldwide noises which sound so similar? I am so curious about all this.....
edit on 1/10/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Quibbler

Your state is being fracked to pieces! I think that's why yall have been having so many small quakes this year....check out those maps....Texas is covered with fracking sites. I was shocked to find out there are 73 in my parish alone and I never even knew it!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jimnuggits

Hmmmm and you have been having quakes there too....

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Record breaking 5.6 a few months ago. Giant sinkhole as well...

The circumstantial evidence is mounting, definitely.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Sensi

The morning of December 4th I had just layed down to go to bed and after laying there for a little while, not yet falling asleep, I began to here a low rumble coming from outside so I opened the window next to my bed and I could hear this faint rumbling sound. I sat there for a while and listened. I felt like I could also hear faint tones within the rumble. I don't remember if it was cloudy or not that night, but nothing could be seen in the sky. The sound continued so I decided to lay back down with the window still open. I'd say it was about 15 minutes when it started to get cold so I decided to shut the window, but could still hear the sound just as well as before. It continued until I fell asleep, though I don't remember how long I was awake. I live near North Canton, OH (NE, Ohio).

After reading all of these posts here on ATS about hearing constant rumbling sounds in the air I've realized it's exactly what I was hearing. I can remember only hearing this sound maybe once or twice before. I may have even heard it more, but payed no attention to it or didn't think anything of it at first.

Does anyone remember hearing this same type of thing early that morning? Anyone live near that area and have heard the same thing? I wish I would have asked this right away, but I never thought to do so.

The funny thing is I sent an email to a few friends the next night joking about the previous night. Here it is -
"I hear a faint rumble in the air almost like a large craft passing over. A faint tone can also be heard. I stick my ears to the window and listen and it continues. I expect to be abducted any minute. This is no lie and you can hear it also. Listen to the nightly air tonight, on and off if needed, until you hear what I hear. It is real. They are real. Do not be alarmed. Do not be frightened. Do you see what I'm hearing. Do you hear what I'm speaking of. You must and you will."

It sounds like a serious message, but it really isn't supposed to be. We like to joke around like that. Though I do see this phenomenon possibly being related to extraterrestrials. Who knows.

edit on 10-1-2012 by SeriousIndividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

53 in mine, which is a very residential area as well...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

At first I assumed fracking. But the nearest frack sites are about an hour away from the base I lived near. There was excessive zinc mining in the area though. The town has had many sink holes open up even in recent times. The tower and the sinke holes are all withnin a a few miles of eachother all along rt 15.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LongbottomLeaf
reply to post by Sensi

Thanks for the post brother Sensi, I had very similar experience when I lived New Jersey. When the clouds blocked out the sky the rumble would be going for hours. It sounded just like you say like someone stopped an airplane over my house, but I could hear it all over town. This started after they built this large tower at the Picatinny arsenal research facility. I was told the tower is for "gravity and drop tests" what ever they might be. Heres a pic of the tower. It stands 200 feet above ground and 350 feet under. This is all the info I could force out of a friend

edit on 10-1-2012 by LongbottomLeaf because: oops

edit on 10-1-2012 by LongbottomLeaf because: TMI!

This is actually very scary to see, because if you have seen the videos of nasa's "Rocket engine testing site" You will know that this tower looks exactly as they did in the video, just on a smaller scale. No problem regarding the post, i plan to post many more as things come to my attention. Just to reiterate to anyone who hasn't read the latter posts, *PLEASE*; contact you local news/scientists/ police regarding these noises. Spread the word. Don't take no for an answer. WE THE PEOPLE can make a change, despite what we have been taught, you and you alone can make the change. None of us like this noise. It is doing nothing positive for mother nature, us, or our children. take action people.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Had it here in Edinburgh Scotland also. I posted a video of the sound. Others heard/hearing it also.
Its like a fast jet, for like an hour, coming from all directions.
Very odd, disturbing sound.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

would you mind maybe u2uing me a link, or posting it here?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

There is some correlation work in Arkansas regarding small earthquakes and fracking.HERE As far as the booms, certain "thump' trucks are used in fracking to measure seismic activity/characteristics.

These practices are a source of multiple noises, that can be heard for miles.

spec

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

From my source working with fracking,They drill holes and drop charges that explode causing the shale to fracture.
Thus the name fracting.. Fracture and extraction.

But here is what they are saying how they do it.

Hydraulic fracturing is the propagation of fractures in a rock layer caused by the presence of a pressurized fluid. Hydraulic fractures may form naturally, as in the case of veins or dikes, or may be man-made in order to release petroleum, natural gas, coal seam gas, or other substances for extraction, where the technique is often called fracking[a] or hydrofracking.[1] This type of fracturing, known colloquially as a frack job (or frac job),[2][3] is done from a wellbore drilled into reservoir rock formations. The energy from the injection of a highly-pressurized fracking fluid creates new channels in the rock which can increase the extraction rates and ultimate recovery of fossil fuels. The fracture width is typically maintained after the injection by introducing a proppant into the injected fluid. Proppant is a material, such as grains of sand, ceramic, or other particulates, that prevent the fractures from closing when the injection is stopped.[citation needed] The practice of hydraulic fracturing has come under scrutiny internationally due to concerns about the environmental impact, health and safety, and has been suspended or banned in some countries.[4]

en.wikipedia.org...

Which is not entirely true,from my sources,unaware that I KNOW ALL ABOUT IT.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by Quibbler

Your state is being fracked to pieces! I think that's why yall have been having so many small quakes this year....check out those maps....Texas is covered with fracking sites. I was shocked to find out there are 73 in my parish alone and I never even knew it!

yep. texas, arkansas, louisianna, mississippi, tennessee ... all fracking like crazy!

i'm in central texas.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join