It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychic's predictions for 2012 -- From 30 years ago. [CONFIRMED HOAX]

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by ottobot

In two months? What am I missing here? Or, do you just mean that since this is, allegedly, a marketing stunt that the "reason" will become apparent in a couple of months?

Because that's when the winners of the viral marketing competition will be announced. Do try to pay attention. That was established after three or four pages.

Yes, because I should know exactly how your mind is working, 100% of the time, right?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by ottobot

In two months? What am I missing here? Or, do you just mean that since this is, allegedly, a marketing stunt that the "reason" will become apparent in a couple of months?

Because that's when the winners of the viral marketing competition will be announced. Do try to pay attention. That was established after three or four pages.

It was also shown that the email for the person who uploaded the video was unrelated to the email address associated with the marketing competition in Canada, and that the email address of the uploader traced to Texas. Pretty unrealistic to associate it, eh? maybe you should try and pay better attention.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Seems the HM2012 site is now under construction,will keep my eye on it to see what they update.

Link-www.hm2012.ca...

Also found this video on youtube about HM2012,can anyone translate what they say in the video,am interested to know.

Link-www.youtube.com...

Found this site to which seems to be associated with the HM2012 site and is also under construction-

Link-jmma.ca...

Would it be worth emailing them to find out if they know anything?

Regards to all

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

I like how the colors in this video are extremely sharp and the fact that there is no VCR time on the bottom and it uses modern transitions, etc..Very good sharp clear video for 1980 lmao

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Whilst i do think students are behind this i am still having trouble connecting it to either of these sites.

From jmma site-

The Association of Marketing John Molson School (JMMA) is a student at non-profit offers many opportunities for students who participate in various events organized by the Association. It enriches student life by providing, among other students for help, if academic opportunities as well as networking. The various events organized by the Association allow us to be in contact with students throughout their degree, regardless of their stage of progress through the program: the first and second years will seek to learn more about the possibilities of a career in marketing while students of third and fourth years, ready to establish themselves in the labor market, will instead be looking for a dream job. Let your brand. It sends the message that JMMA this year. Advocating individuality, we encourage students to be creative and to put forward what makes them unique by offering them the tools they need to promote themselves on the labor market. JMMA is a group of dedicated students who use their creativity to organize a multitude of social and academic events. These events expose each student to professionals in the world of marketing, encouraging them to make contacts while allowing them to meet other students. We are motivated and happy to be able to offer students the tools needed to excel both professionally and socially. Our goal throughout the year, will inform students of JMSB of all that is happening in the world of Marketing. Our mission: to innovate and deliver relevant and exciting events that will enable students to explore the many career opportunities offered by the vast world of Marketing.

Regards to all
edit on 30/09/10 by FeatheredSerpent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FeatheredSerpent

Does this guy look familiar?

From this video:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Following the links on the jmma website took me to this place-

Link-core2012.ca...

The Corporate Social Responsibility Society is excited to announce this year’s theme for CORE: The Ripple Effect. The ripple effect is primarily identified with the image of ever-expanding ripples across water caused simply by one object dropped into it. It conveys that the effect of a single action can resonate incrementally and last far beyond the initial impact.

Could it be that the video is a demonstration of this effect?

Regards to all

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

The commentary on the video says things like "make the impossible happen" and "recollect your childhood." These themes are reflected in the hoax video in question.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

We need a closer image of his face and left-hand index finger to see if it is the same person as the fellow in the video.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

We need a closer image of his face and left-hand index finger to see if it is the same person as the fellow in the video.

Not much help, really.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Even though they say bad marketing is good marketing, IMO this particular instance is an example of bad marketing being bad marketing.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I don't have time to do a word-for-word translation, but basically it is a commercial for the school:

"What if you could accomplish the incredible? Live, create, make a difference. And if, what if this was your only chance to realize your dreams and overcome your fears? And what if you could make your mark, and accomplish the impossible? To see it come to pass? This is your time to make a difference. At JM [whatever the school's name is, can't open video again atm]."

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

Thankyou for giving it ago,doesnt really give much away though does it,but again cheers for taking the time to translate

Regards to all

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by vulcanus

I dont think it is marketing as such,more of a demonstration on how 1 video can have far reaching effects on the net if done correctly.The ripple effect.Still doesnt explain the newspaper clipping though.

Regards to all

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Well, it is clear that this commercial is just a commercial for the school.

There is nothing in it to indicate that it is in any way related to the video in question, other than "HM2012".

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

Yes i will agree it is sketchy at best,thought id throw it out there though.

ETA-Must admit though it is abit odd how the "psychic" video comes up in the suggested videos for the happening market video,i see no other 2012 videos there.

Regards to all
edit on 30/09/10 by FeatheredSerpent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I am new to ATS but I can say I saw this video a few weeks ago. When I first saw it it just felt fake. But I'm no expert so i'm hoping something comes of this. I love that you guys are out there digging and trying to find some truth. There are people out there like me who are armatures at this sort of stuff but I'm learning! Thanks for the great info and incite folks! Look forward to learning more!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I stopped the video at 0:57 at 1080hd. The guy was moving his hand fast. There appear lines in the video. A few measurements showed, that there about 225 (+ -15) lines (maybe you have to doulbe it) in the picture (top to bottom). Are these digital or analog artefacts? The lines do not appear in the lower resolutions.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
So if it is fake /hoax,,,

Who's idea was it too include the DOG???

"ok,, cue dog,,,,sniff,,sniff,,"

Watch the video again all u sharp eyed, "finger" lol pointers!

lol

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I forgot the picture
[ats]
img29.imageshack.us...
[ats]

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join