It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychic's predictions for 2012 -- From 30 years ago. [CONFIRMED HOAX]

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

The name of this guy in the video is JACQUES NIETZERMANN. (or so it seems).

born in the Sarthe region, near Le Mans, France, in 1940.
Living in California from 1960 to 1980.

The uploader of the video on YouTube wrote:

"I am not willing to share how I got my hands on the original tape"
"I digitized the original footage - from U-matic, - and added subtitles to it. A French friend of mine did the translation. I didn't make any cuts to the material. What you see is everything that was on the tape".

"In answer to the many technical questions: the original footage was on a 3/4" U-matic tape which I digitized to FinalCutPro in HD through a MNR11 noise reducer. I re-EQ'd the soundtrack, added the subtitles and the "1980" in HD on FinalCutPro, exported it in HD and uploaded it to YouTube - that's actually my day job"

you can find how this came out from page 30 to page 34 of the thread.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by imalitehaus

I wanted to add that I'm new, so I hope this looks right. I agree with HeywoodFloyd thar there needs to be more proof before something is thrown into the "hoax" bin. Ironically, Heywood, my first post was in about this thread, saying the same thing. Best wished to you.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by HeywoodFloyd

by the way, in the case this all thing is a hoax, it costed between $60,000 to $90,000

and required a crew of 9 to 12 persons (Professionals, not amateurs).
This is a Professional Production.
And Professionals are expensive.

Now, in case it is all a hoax, the question is: "cui prodest?" - who benefits?

Who would want to throw $60,000 to $90,000 out of the window?
would you?

and for which gain?
and which profit?

Originally posted by ColAngus

The estimated cost is merely your opinion.

I think it would cost $600-$900 dollars depending on who's doing the filming and the equipment already possessed.

What makes your opinion on the cost any more/less valid than mine?

Because I am a Professional in the field, and you are not.
And that video is a Professional Production, as I stated.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by imalitehaus
reply to post by imalitehaus

I wanted to add that I'm new, so I hope this looks right. I agree with HeywoodFloyd thar there needs to be more proof before something is thrown into the "hoax" bin. Ironically, Heywood, my first post was in about this thread, saying the same thing. Best wished to you.

Thank you, imalitehaus, I would like to have a fair discussion on the issue, open minded and balanced, possibly not in the hoax dustbin, but it seems that this is not allowed here.

Someone, who has a little power, does not want it, and that's it.
or, someone has received orders from above that this has to remain in the dustbin, I do not know.

"Deny Ignorance" is just empty words here, it seems.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I think this is a hoax however one thing comes to mind about the production, its seriously cut and its possible that he made a tonne of predictions in the interview. The only ones shown were the ones that were close to being true after 1980 and that the ones that he got wrong were cut to give him more credit.

If we are only being shown the ones that were close, then why did the alien bit at the end get added in as it clearly hasn't happened ? Perhaps it relates more closely to the same thing Werner Von Braun claimed in his biography about a big coming deception on the existence of Alien Beings to trick humanity into a One World Government ?

I personally don't think Aliens could make it here physically due to the massive distances in Light Years between the nearest habitable planets, so its more than likely part of the hoax of the existence of Aliens here on Earth.

They may be able to project themselves here etherically but physically I think its highly improbable.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by HeywoodFloyd

So WHY this is in the hoax bin?

edit on 17-1-2012 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Because I am a Professional in the field, and you are not.
And that video is a Professional Production, as I stated.

You can be the Queen of England on the internet. These words mean nothing to me.

Thanks for coming out though, HeywoodFloyd. If that's even your real name. Pffft.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO

So WHY this is in the hoax bin?

Russo, ask SkepticOverlord, it is his decision.
He has decided it is a hoax, and uses his small power to keep it here.
(see discussions in the previous posts, since page 35)

I would just like to have a fair discussion on the issue, open minded and balanced, that's it.
And I would like to start to talk about the consequences, in both cases, authentic or fake.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

sorry, above you said just "NTSC VHS"
now you change your mind?

Not at all. For those having some issue with reading comprehension... my position has been that the "attributes" of the French TV interview uploaded to YouTube are inconsistent with a European production, where PAL format is standard. Because the video appears to mimic NTSC VHS (US standard), it is a strong indication of hoax.

- graphic design
- scanners
- Professional TV Production
- Audio Electronics
- Sound Recording

Actually, perhaps not expert... but well-versed. Having owned my own graphic design firm and professionally used nearly every possible version of Photoshop and Adobe Premier since their introduction... combined with my stint in advertising (NYC) which included high-end TV commercial productions for national advertisers... I've seen/performed all manner of analog and digital video and audio production and editing.

and what else? probably even Astrophysics

I did start out in college studying physics... got restless the first year and moved to computer science.

As for the rest... never got much into Greek literature.

ok, ok, I understood: even the Monna Lisa now at the Louvre is a Hoax,
made just with a scanner and Photoshop, right?

Don't pout and stomp your feet... it's unbecoming.

Seriously folks, if you desire to ignore the informed opinion of those with experience in certain fields as it relates to a critical analysis of hoaxes... that's fine. But I've done so without malice or ill-intent in an effort to discover truths, nothing more. So there's no reason to toss malice in my general direction.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

I would just like to have a fair discussion on the issue, open minded and balanced, that's it.
And I would like to start to talk about the consequences, in both cases, authentic or fake.

Well, this is what I expect from a site like ATS.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

ok, SkepticOverlord, I appreciate this last post of yours. I apologize for having been tough with you.
I hate hoaxes as much as you do.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

I would just like to have a fair discussion on the issue, open minded and balanced

No one is stopping you, and being fair is exactly what I've been doing.

There are absolutely no repercussions for believing this to be a genuine thing... at least not in so far as ATS is concerned. However, doing so impolitely can result in not unexpected consequences.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

just to refer to the NTSC statement. The video was clearly taken in the states because he says he resides in Cali? did he not? either way, that would explain the NTSC part.

Thing is coming from a VFX background and working in feature films, i can tell you no video source or image can be trusted in current years. We can make anything starting out with nothing, so if someone was REALLY hellbent on doing it and has good experience, they can pull it off. It'd be a useless waste of time, but its too easily achievable nowadays.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

As I stated before, I myself do not have a settled position on this, if it is authentic or fake,
Just to be clear...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by buggy166
The video was clearly taken in the states because he says he resides in Cali? did he not?

For broadcast in France. They'd need to use PAL format equipment to record the segment... or high-end wide-format tape for down-sample to PAL broadcast. Either way the end result is PAL.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth
I think this is a hoax however one thing comes to mind about the production, its seriously cut and its possible that he made a tonne of predictions in the interview. The only ones shown were the ones that were close to being true after 1980 and that the ones that he got wrong were cut to give him more credit.

If we are only being shown the ones that were close, then why did the alien bit at the end get added in as it clearly hasn't happened ?

Well, he states that he cannot see anything, clearly, for 2012. He states this might be because he will be dead.

However, he does have another vision (related to the year 2012) that involves alien contact. Now, note that he never says it will come true - just that he sees this as a possible alternative to the "empty" vision he sees for himself.

Obviously, in the end, it doesn't matter what the fellow in video says.

Even if this was all created by people with money to throw around who wanted to create something to get people's attention: they succeeded.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ColAngus

Lying through your beard, there, Angus! (Or should I say Phoenix? JP? CA?)

Anyway, you keep coming back. We've got you hooked, man, HOOKED!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Fact: This person on the video is real.
Fact: This person on the video talks about visions of the future.
Fact: This video is a professional production.
Fact: All those items in the video as well as the technology for filming it that way was available in the 1980s.
Fact: Even back then you could convert between NTSC and PAL and vice versa.
Fact: The quality of the video is not even close to the high standards available at that time.

Following the american way of living, this person should be considered innocent until proven guilty, meaning that until we have more information, this should be treated as genuine, because, the consequences of being genuine far outweigh the consequences of being fake. It bothers me it was sent to the hoax dustbin so quickly. But what bothers me even more is that even after people requesting to be taken out of the hoax dustbin, it is stubbornly still there. But i do not run this site, so, this is just my opinion.

Regards,
Andro

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andromerius
Fact: This person on the video is real.
Fact: This person on the video talks about visions of the future.
Fact: This video is a professional production.
Fact: All those items in the video as well as the technology for filming it that way was available in the 1980s.
Fact: Even back then you could convert between NTSC and PAL and vice versa.
Fact: The quality of the video is not even close to the high standards available at that time.

Following the american way of living, this person should be considered innocent until proven guilty, meaning that until we have more information, this should be treated as genuine, because, the consequences of being genuine far outweigh the consequences of being fake. It bothers me it was sent to the hoax dustbin so quickly. But what bothers me even more is that even after people requesting to be taken out of the hoax dustbin, it is stubbornly still there. But i do not run this site, so, this is just my opinion.

Regards,
Andro

Fact: Jacques Nietzermann was a psychic
Fact: He was condemned in 1958 for murder and sentenced to 45 years in prison.
Fact: Obviously he is a lot older now, and would not look nearly as young as he did back then.
www.tvqc.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

You mean this quote?

Then see comments below someone posted this:

Bonjour,

Je suis XXX XXXX,
Je me permets d’intervenir sur votre site pour vous donner des informations car je ne veux plus entendre d’avantage de sautises sur cette histoire:
La photo est bidon (Bravo aux petits plaisantins…)
La vidéo peut être pas (Si c’est un comédien, il lui ressemble ENORMEMENT!).

Cet homme se nomme Jacques Nietzermann.
Il est français.
Condamné en 1958 à une peine de 45 ans pour meurtre, il demeure introuvable car en fuite.
Retrouvé dans sa région natale, en France, 22 ans plus tard,
il est arrété puis emprisonné pour qu’il fasse sa peine de 45 ans.
Il habitait la Sarthe (dep 72) comme moi.
Il a fait plusieurs victimes.
Il a assassiné mon oncle.
Je pense avoir été assez clair.
Que cette vidéo arrive comme ça, m’impressionne ET OUI, il était connu pour ses visions du futur!
Ce type devrait avoir aujourd’hui 72 ans mais a du être relâché.
J’ai à disposition un dossier de l’affaire avec des documents de l’époque avec le jugement.
Je vous assure que ça me gonfle de devoir reparler de tout ça.
Où puis je poster ici des documents?
Quelle est la démarche à suivre?

Read more: criticalbelievers.proboards.com...

Which translates in English too:

Hello, XXX XXXX,
I would like to intervene on your site to give you information because I don't want to hear more of sautises on this story: the photo is fake (Bravo to the small plaisantins…)
Video may not be (if it is an actor, he like it much!).
This man is called Jacques Nietzermann . He is French.
In 1958 sentenced to 45 years for murder, he was not found because fleeing.
Found in his native region, in France, 22 years later,
He is arrested and then jailed to make his sentence of 45 years.
He lived the Sarthe (72 dep) like me.
He made several victims.
He murdered my uncle.
I have been clear enough.
This video comes so impresses me and Yes, he was known for his visions of the future!
This type should have now 72 years, but has to be released.
I have to provision a record of the case with documents of the time with the judgment.
I assure you that it's me inflates to talk it all.
Where can I post the documents here?
What is the procedure to follow?

well the plot thickens now i'm just confused.

Source
edit on 18-1-2012 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join