It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychic's predictions for 2012 -- From 30 years ago. [CONFIRMED HOAX]

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Around page 30 -33 this exact topic was already discussed. The translation was done by myself and a few other people on thread. Regardless of the "hoax" placed on this thread, the FACTS clearly state otherwise.

edit on 18-1-2012 by Gerizo because: spelling error

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Gerizo

Dont know what make of all this anymore.

Seems ATS did kind of what SOPA want to do in the future.

I just want the truth. Not a one-sided judgment about what is truth or not.

Dont get me wrong ok.

edit on 18-1-2012 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Oh, brother! Well, the setting is perfect. The hair, glasses, old records in background, the furniture, its all either true or perfectly staged.
He seemed like he was acting towards the end. I hope.
Wow. Lots and lots of "seers" cannot see past 2012 either.
This is very troubling.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Ok.

ottobot, osneel, Gerizo, RUSSO, RussianScientists, imalitehaus, Andromerius:

since it seems that we all agree on this point,
can we kindly ask to SkepticOverlord to put this thread back to where it belongs,
to the Predictions & Prophecies forum?

Do you agree?

if you do agree, you may quote this sentence above, adding your personal request, and address it to SkepticOverlord - or say the same with your own words, how you prefer...

------------------------------------------------------------

on my side, I will send a private message to SkepticOverlord.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
IMHO SkepticOverlord already did a good job!
The following is my effort to prove that the article is a hoax..

PS CS5:
new layer
color R: 212 G: 212 B: 212
Fill..
Filter/Noise/Add noise - 6%
Filter/Blur/Gaussian blur - 0.35%
effect is inside the red dots:
img535.imageshack.us...
The same noise pattern is throughout the article.

example - old newspapers
img46.imageshack.us...

edit on 18-1-2012 by vulcanus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Talking about sound and video quality back in 1980?

Check this pioneer LASER DISC demo...

www.youtube.com...

And check this one out:
www.youtube.com...

so the video quality proves nothing...
edit on 18-1-2012 by Andromerius because: added another youtube link

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Oh, brother! Well, the setting is perfect. The hair, glasses, old records in background, the furniture, its all either true or perfectly staged.

No, it is not perfectly staged.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by dgtempe

I agree. There are two things I mentioned before that could be considered "not perfectly staged" in this. One is something he said, and the other is a potentially not-consistent-with-the-era object in the background.

He made mention of a nuclear accident in Russia. He went on to say that it would make us "question the safety of nuclear energy". That would be an odd thing to say, because the safety of nuclear energy was ALREADY very much in question in 1980. 1980 was only one year after the Three Mile Island incident, and was still much on the minds of everyone. It seems odd to say that some future event would make us question nuclear power if it was already a big question.

The second thing is what looks to be a CD case on the table on the right (below the object that says "carousel"). CDs were still in development in 1980, and were not sold until 1982.

I understand neither of these things are proof. I suppose even though it's odd to seem to ignore the Three Mile Island incident, it isn't exactly a "smoking gun". Also, perhaps the object that looks like a CD case is not really a CD case, or maybe this guy somehow had access to CDs before they were sold to the public. However, these are both evidence that things are "odd".

Also (and this may or may not be meaningful) his clock does not work. Maybe it's simply broken, or maybe it was just put there as a prop.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Ok, here is my theory on the "cd case". It is really a storage box for audio cassettes.

I decided to look more closely at the shelf and see what I could come up with. When I zoomed in, the quality of the video diminishes significantly. The "jewel case" is not the same dimensions (thicker and longer) as a modern-day case.

When I adjusted levels, desaturated, etc, it begins to look like a box with a clear lid. In fact, I remember having a case similar to this as a child - it had a clear, hard plastic lid with a dark plastic bottom. I will see if I can find any pictures of one.

Ok, something like this - on a smaller scale:

(Borrowed image from www.etsy.com... ... I love that it's labeled "Mid Century". Awesome!
)

This is more what I'm talking about, imagine with a black or dark brown bottom. (This is going to bug me all day until I find one!)

I invite anyone who has more time and better equipment than me to look at this more closely, I'd appreciate it!
edit on 1/18/2012 by ottobot because: added real audio cassette storage pic

edit on 1/18/2012 by ottobot because: added another box

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

Maybe. Like I said, it isn't "proof", but it was enough to raise questions.

My bigger problem is with his comments on the safety of nuclear energy.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Ok, now I'm getting a little paranoid. I attempted to edit my previous post (which was posted a little over two hours ago) and received this message:

What gives?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ottobot
Ok, now I'm getting a little paranoid. I attempted to edit my previous post (which was posted a little over two hours ago) and received this message:

What gives?

Yeah, that is pretty unusual. Is someone trying to stifle legitimate discussion here? It was clearly 2 hours give or take. I dislike where this is going if that's the case.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The below are from the 80's i think it's a fake :/

Not so much image quality but something about the sound seems too modern to me.

edit on 18/1/2012 by IAmD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by dgtempe

I agree. There are two things I mentioned before that could be considered "not perfectly staged" in this. One is something he said, and the other is a potentially not-consistent-with-the-era object in the background.

He made mention of a nuclear accident in Russia. He went on to say that it would make us "question the safety of nuclear energy". That would be an odd thing to say, because the safety of nuclear energy was ALREADY very much in question in 1980. 1980 was only one year after the Three Mile Island incident, and was still much on the minds of everyone. It seems odd to say that some future event would make us question nuclear power if it was already a big question.

The second thing is what looks to be a CD case on the table on the right (below the object that says "carousel"). CDs were still in development in 1980, and were not sold until 1982.

I understand neither of these things are proof. I suppose even though it's odd to seem to ignore the Three Mile Island incident, it isn't exactly a "smoking gun". Also, perhaps the object that looks like a CD case is not really a CD case, or maybe this guy somehow had access to CDs before they were sold to the public. However, these are both evidence that things are "odd".

Also (and this may or may not be meaningful) his clock does not work. Maybe it's simply broken, or maybe it was just put there as a prop.

Well first off, he said it would make us question using Nuclear Power, and while you're right we already were kinda questioning it, maybe he just really meant we'd "question using nuclear power EVEN MORE than before"...

Second, the guy who uploaded the video said he doesnt even know if it's from 1980, he just put that in the corner to give you an idea of when he thought it was. It could be from 1981, 82, 83, 84, 85....so if it was from one of those later years, CD cases would be around. All we know really is that it's before the Chernobyl disaster.

Thought I'd share those thoughts. Just some potential answers I had to the points you raised

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by HeywoodFloyd
Ok.

ottobot, osneel, Gerizo, RUSSO, RussianScientists, imalitehaus, Andromerius:

since it seems that we all agree on this point,
can we kindly ask to SkepticOverlord to put this thread back to where it belongs,
to the Predictions & Prophecies forum?

Do you agree?

if you do agree, you may quote this sentence above, adding your personal request, and address it to SkepticOverlord - or say the same with your own words, how you prefer...

------------------------------------------------------------

on my side, I will send a private message to SkepticOverlord.

I agree that this should not be marked a hoax. If Skeptic Overlord would be so kind as to grant our request then that would be cool. If he will not, he has that right. Regardless, it will not change my opinion, which is that this is not a hoax.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
ive just sent the link of this to my lass ...and b4 she even watched 2 seconds off it she said its a hoax ....
shes always wrong so im defo going wi real .........and when i asked why she thought it was a hoax she answered " i just know and have a feeling "
.... this needs taking out the hoax forum my lass is never ever rite

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by anydaynow18

Second, the guy who uploaded the video said he doesnt even know if it's from 1980, he just put that in the corner to give you an idea of when he thought it was. It could be from 1981, 82, 83, 84, 85....so if it was from one of those later years, CD cases would be around. All we know really is that it's before the Chernobyl disaster.

It could also be from 1986, 87... or 2012. We don't know it was before the Chernobyl disaster, it could be a hoax. Now, ask yourself why the person who uploaded the video don't know when or where it came from.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
if it is a hoax, someone put down between $60,000 to $90,000.

This is a Professional Production.
and required a crew of 9 to 12 persons (Professionals, not amateurs).

why spend $60,000 - $90,000 on this ?

for which gain?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Oh French psychic who still remains nameless in this age of internet and technology, I just can't quit you.

Won't you please reveal your verifiable name to us so we can either praise you as genuine seer of doom, or in the alternative, condemn you with a wagging finger as the marketing competition entrant you are?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by HeywoodFloyd

That number is wildly excessive.

It's quite possible that the person on-camera could have accomplished it all himself with a decent camera, an $80 directional mic, a couple inexpensive box lights, and Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premier. We never hear an interviewer -- which is VERY odd for a TV segment, the "talent" always likes to be heard -- so there's no certainty that more than one person was involved.

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join