It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hell is theologically impossible if God is omnipotent.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

DL, no one says you have to worship God. You don't , go your merry way and do whatever pleases you. Live life to the fullest. God will not make you love Him.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

DL, no one says you have to worship God. You don't , go your merry way and do whatever pleases you. Live life to the fullest. God will not make you love Him.

I know. Imaginary phantoms cannot do anything except make fools of whoever believes them to be real.
Most people grow out of it.

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I take no pleasure in the death/destruction/punishment of sinners, and God explicitly says that He does not, either. Further, what makes you think I subscribe to the doctrine of Eternal Punishment in Hell? Hell, no!

Here is wisdom on the subject, from the pages of The Plain Truth. I post it not necessarily for your benefit:

"It is clearly an act of great love to take someone else's punishment on yourself - especially if that punishment is death. "Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends." (John 15:13) A death penalty, obviously, cannot be transferred to someone under the same sentence. Of all who have been born of human flesh, only Jesus never sinned. Thus Jesus, uniquely, never earned the wages of sin. So He, and only He, was in a position to bear the death penalty in the place of others so they could be spared."

Spared - that includes you, and all you have to do is accept it - so simple.

edit on 26-1-2012 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Tartarus, I was just reading about (sorry, I read so many books I kind of loose track of where I read it, which is why I am so selective about what I read because it all ends up in a big mix) is where your soul goes to where they balance the weight of your good deeds against the weight of your bad deeds.
ETA: I don't see that right now, what I referred to above. I think it was something I read in one of the ebooks I downloaded yesterday using the link that berenike posted. Looking at another one that is in that list, Myths and Legends of Ancient Civilizations, it looks as though according to mythology, whoever is supreme ruler of the universe or world or whatever, is who has the power to put other god-like entities in Tartarus.
edit on 26-1-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short

Spared - that includes you, and all you have to do is accept it - so simple.

edit on 26-1-2012 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

Immoral positions are always simple and easier to take than the moral ones. That's scripture.

You go ahead and take the wide road to hell by trying to profit from the murder of an innocent man.

Ignore scripture and common justice.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

You continue to view the gift as Jesus in a bad light, and those who accept it as immoral. We have no common ground, and neither of us will be swayed by the other. Our discussion is at an end.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short

You continue to view the gift as Jesus in a bad light, and those who accept it as immoral. We have no common ground, and neither of us will be swayed by the other. Our discussion is at an end.

True.
Those who will profit from the murder of an innocent man tend to want to hang on to their poor morals.
Woe to those who call evil good.

Regards
DL

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

TARTARUS
(Tar′ta‧rus).
A prisonlike, abased condition into which God cast disobedient angels in Noah’s day.

This word is found but once in the inspired Scriptures, at 2 Peter 2:4. The apostle writes: “God did not hold back from punishing the angels that sinned, but, by throwing them into Tartarus, delivered them to pits of dense darkness to be reserved for judgment.” The expression “throwing them into Tartarus” is from the Greek verb tar‧ta‧ro′o and so includes within itself the word “Tartarus.”

A parallel text is found at Jude 6: “And the angels that did not keep their original position but forsook their own proper dwelling place he has reserved with eternal bonds under dense darkness for the judgment of the great day.” Showing when it was that these angels “forsook their own proper dwelling place,” Peter speaks of “the spirits in prison, who had once been disobedient when the patience of God was waiting in Noah’s days, while the ark was being constructed.” (1Pe 3:19, 20) This directly links the matter to the account at Genesis 6:1-4 concerning “the sons of the true God” who abandoned their heavenly abode to cohabit with women in pre-Flood times and produced children by them, such offspring being designated as Nephilim.

From these texts it is evident that Tartarus is a condition rather than a particular location, inasmuch as Peter, on the one hand, speaks of these disobedient spirits as being in “pits of dense darkness,” while Paul speaks of them as being in “heavenly places” from which they exercise a rule of darkness as wicked spirit forces. (2Pe 2:4; Eph 6:10-12) The dense darkness similarly is not literally a lack of light but results from their being cut off from illumination by God as renegades and outcasts from his family, with only a dark outlook as to their eternal destiny.

Tartarus is, therefore, not the same as the Hebrew Sheol or the Greek Hades, both of which refer to the common earthly grave of mankind. This is evident from the fact that, while the apostle Peter shows that Jesus Christ preached to these “spirits in prison,” he also shows that Jesus did so, not during the three days while buried in Hades (Sheol), but after his resurrection out of Hades.—1Pe 3:18-20.
Likewise the abased condition represented by Tartarus should not be confused with “the abyss” into which Satan and his demons are eventually to be cast for the thousand years of Christ’s rule. (Re 20:1-3) Apparently the disobedient angels were cast into Tartarus in “Noah’s days” (1Pe 3:20), but some 2,000 years later we find them entreating Jesus “not to order them to go away into the abyss.”—Lu 8:26-31

The word “Tartarus” is also used in pre-Christian heathen mythologies. In Homer’s Iliad this mythological Tartarus is represented as an underground prison ‘as far below Hades as earth is below heaven.’ In it were imprisoned the lesser gods, Cronus and the other Titan spirits. As we have seen, the Tartarus of the Bible is not a place but a condition and, therefore, is not the same as this Tartarus of Greek mythology. However, it is worth noting that the mythological Tartarus was presented not as a place for humans but as a place for superhuman creatures. So, in that regard there is a similarity, since the Scriptural Tartarus is clearly not for the detention of human souls (compare Mt 11:23) but is only for wicked superhuman spirits who are rebels against God.

The condition of utter debasement represented by Tartarus is a precursor of the abyssing that Satan and his demons are to experience prior to the start of the Thousand Year Reign of Christ. This, in turn, is to be followed after the end of the thousand years by their utter destruction in “the second death.”—Mt 25:41; Re 20:1-3, 7-10, 14.

So humans never go into "TARTARUS" or the "ABYSS"

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

So humans never go into "TARTARUS" or the "ABYSS"

I know you have said that before, some time in the past.
It is a special sort of place where even inter-dimensional beings can not get out of.
Not something people need to be placed in and more likely could not be placed in without being completely destroyed.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
People need to research Hades, Sheol, Tartarus, Abyss, Gehenna
Many people think these are all different descriptions of "Hell" but they are not.
Hell is a very generic all encompassing English word.
If you really want to understand this topic study of the Hebrew & Greek languages at least in those words is required.
When you do, you come to understand the truth about Hell.

I agree with the OP.

Hebrew or Greek or Spanglish,same argument stands. No? or is it just the argument you choose. Pretty easy to do in an anonymous forum, doncha think?

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join