It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putting god in proper prospective

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
God came to me and said, without me you would not exist.
I looked at God and said, without me you would not be known.

The question would be of course, why did God create us?
edit on 9-1-2012 by Theophorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Theophorus

The answer is simple.

Bacon!!

Seriously though mate, this question has been asked so many times, and there are so many answers. In the end it comes down to perspective.

Everyone will have a different answer depending on their outlook on life. There is no simple answer to this question.

vvv

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

If you had the ability to Create Life, would you?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I think that there was no choice. God is sufficient within his own right.the only reason I can think of why, would be love. Yes, love. Any other purpose would be meaningless.
edit on 9-1-2012 by Theophorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I think the toilet is a balanced perspective based on both history and common sense.

Have a good day. But my advice is avoid god days always! Prevents mind shackle syndrome!

Thankyou
edit on 9-1-2012 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theophorus

He didn't. We created him in our image.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Very correct! Because humans in general need a crutch because they cant accept their own mortality!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

The answer is simple.

Bacon!!

Seriously though mate, this question has been asked so many times, and there are so many answers. In the end it comes down to perspective.

Everyone will have a different answer depending on their outlook on life. There is no simple answer to this question.

vvv

Yes there is. Accept ones own mortality!! Its basic CS!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
God made us because he wanted to.
Seriously, ATS is not the most optimal place to learn about God. Such is learning by the wayside. If anyone seeks to learn about God, read what Jesus says:
Matthew 13:19 When any one hears the word of the kingdom, and understands it not, then comes the wicked one, and catches away that which was sown in his heart. This is he who received seed by the way side.
Matthew 13: 23 As for what was sown on good soil, this is the one who hears the word and understands it. He indeed bears fruit and yields, in one case a hundredfold, in another sixty, and in another thirty.”

Beware of Christians who tell you that your fruit, or actions aren't a determining factor for what a follower of Jesus is.

Matthew 13: 37 He answered, "The one who sowed the good seed is the Son of Man.
Jesus, if anyone is willing to believe it, is the best source, not the wayside where misunderstandings are prevalent.

How is it that people feel they have an acurate perspective of God without first seeking to learn objectively about him? If you would read the bible you would know, if you wanted to know, yet you come to those whom you know would pander to your desire of discrediting God without first going to the source.
edit on 10/01/11 by Wonders because: Those who are willing to learn will go to the source and not the wayside.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

reply to post by RP2SticksOfDynamite

Ok, yes, you are right.

I left my common sense at home. I do apologize.

vvv

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Ok, yes, you are right.

I left my common sense at home. I do apologize.

vvv

I wouldnt know what you left anywhere because I wasnt present (now thats an important fact in establishing credibility). Most of you leave it at home folk dont have CS to be able to leave it anywhere!

Nevermind.

No need for a sorrry. Most people leave their CS a home day or somewhere. Good luck.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Most of you leave it at home folk dont have CS to be able to leave it anywhere! Nevermind. No need for a sorrry. Most people leave their CS a home day or somewhere. Good luck.

Wow, "you folk".

Clearly sarcasm is not your forte, is it mate? Don't answer, its rhetorical.

There is no need to be judgemental.

I do not agree with your initial answer of "our own mortality", because like i said, there is no simple answer to this question.

vvv

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by Theophorus

if God didn't create us,than who did?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Simple answer: humans were created by the processes of natural selection, mutation, and genetic drift, which together are known as the theory of Evolution.

If you want to learn more, I would suggest reading this wiki article on Evolution or perhaps a book on Evolution.

I should clarify that understanding how we came into existence does not disprove the idea that God was responsible for our creation.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

In chapter 19 of the book of Luke you will find the Pharisee's demanding of Jesus to shut his disciples up. Jesus replied in verse 40, "...I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out."

Perhaps the created being in this hypothetical situation thinks too much of himself. God won't be mocked.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Misguided teaching, but at least you live up to your name

new topics

top topics

join