It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Watch/Share-Drunk Driver Crashes Car into a House- But 911/LAPD Refuse To Respond

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I was listening to the Adam Carolla Podcast the other day,
*sidenote*- I love his podcast- i recommend checking it out- he's hilarious

HERE'S THE CLIP FROM HIS PODCAST-
***I give a written summary below also...but I recommend hearing it from the horse's mouth yourself

Anyway,
he started telling about an incident that occurred recently at his home while he was out of town for business.
Adam's wife, Lynette, was at home with their two children (6 year old twins), about a week and a half ago, it was around 10 o'clock at night...
When a drunk driver CRASHED into THE WALL ON THE SIDE OF THEIR HOUSE!

She ran outside to see what was going on, saw what had happened, and immediately called 911.

Well,
NOT ONLY was the 911 dispatcher RUDE AND UNPROFESSIONAL- asking questions like, "welllll.... how bad is it?" and nonsense like that,

They actually REFUSED to send help!!!

...BECAUSE THEY SIMPLY COULDN'T BE BOTHERED!..

The neighbor came running over to the Carolla's house saying she called 911 too- and ranting about how RUDE they were to her!
Lynette replied that she too had called, and told her how rude the dispatcher was to her as well...
and that they REFUSED to send any help basically because the guy wasn't dying- apparently, in Los Angeles (and IMO a good part of the entire US these days- especially the bigger cities)
A DRUNK DRIVER CRASHING HEAD FIRST INTO YOUR HOUSE IS NOT IMPORTANT ENOUGH FOR THE AUTHORITIES TO GIVE A DAMN...
as long as everyone involved is BREATHING.

The drunk driver heard Lynette and the neighbor talking and stumbled to retrieve empty liquor bottles from his car and began tossing them in bushes- one of them, a Jack Daniels bottle, landed on the Carolla's property and Lynette took a picture (shown in the linked YT video).

Then a tow truck randomly showed up- turns out the drunk driver had ONSTAR-
which is automatically notified when the airbags are deployed.
So ONSTAR used the GPS to track his location and sent a tow to check out the scene.

The tow-truck driver loaded up the drunk driver's totaled vehicle, and
THEY JUST FREAKIN' LEFT!

NO COPS EVER SHOWED.
NOR AMBULANCE.
NOR FIRETRUCK.

N-A-D-A.

AND THEN at the 911 dispatchers actually had the audacity to CALL BACK,

TWO HOURS later!
and ask 'how it was going.'

ARE YOU *SNIP* KIDDING ME?!?!?!?

And the cops wonder why we all despise them.

They have NO problem issuing *SNIP*TICKETS all day and night long, but when it comes to ACTUALLY DOING THEIR DAMN JOB-
ya know, that whole...SERVING and PROTECTING thing...

they are M.I.A...

nowhere to be found...

BECAUSE THEY "CAN'T BE BOTHERED."

It's pathetic that this does NOT surprise me.
SO TYPICAL!

NOT EVEN a DRUNK DRIVER CRASHING into the SIDE OF YOUR DAMN HOUSE is enough to get them to do their freakin' job!!!
EVEN IF YOU'RE A CELEBRITY!

To quote Adam-
"You have to lie to.... say he's covered in AIDS....and that he has a f*SNIP* machete....
You have to say he's got an AIDS MACHETE!!!"

I really hope Adam decides to press charges against them.
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.
This is the kind of stuff that gets under my skin and makes me wanna go on a JUSTICE RAMPAGE.

I am so sick of these corrupt departments and incompetent ##SNIPPED## cops NOT DOING THEIR JOBS-
It's really bad here in northeast Texas too- they pull you over for sneezing for *SNIP* sake!
There are WAYYYY too many cops for the city I live in- we have virtually ZERO violent crime- i.e. only 10 murders in 20 years... yet there are literally HUNDREDS OF CITY COPS....not to mention
dozens of "justice of the peace" officers (who are just MORE CITY COPS because all they do is issue traffic tickets- justice of the peace my ASS! WTF?! WASTE OF MONEY) All on top of the state-ies (though I don't see them hanging around anywhere in the DFW area very often)

POINT IS...
IT'S A CORRUPT
RACKET.

This is not right.
And for the SERVERS AND PROTECTERS TO REFUSE TO RESPOND TO A SCENE IS UNACCEPTABLE.

HEY COPS!

YOUR
JOB
IS
TO
SERVE AND PROTECT
ME,
AND
MY
FELLOW
CITIZENS.

THAT IS ALL.
So, like Adam said, "KNOCK IT THE *SNIP* OFF!"

It's time we start holding these incompetent punks accountable.

I know there are good cops out there, but they are becoming fewer and further between...
I respect and honor those that are fighting the good fight, and utilize decency and discretion.
And to these good ones- I BEG of you, for the goodness of all of us, PLEASE help stop this corrup rape of law-abiding citizens and bring the FOCUS TO THE REAL ISSUES- the violent crimes, the sex trafficking, the illegal immigration.

It blows my mind that EVERY MORNING I drive past countless gas stations FULL of ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS, even one RIGHT NEXT DOOR TO THE CITY COURT- and THEY DON'T DO A DAMN THING ABOUT IT.

Instead, they pull over tax-paying, law-abiding, generous citizens because they over-crossed the line at a stop sign by an inch (AND I PROMISE YOU THI S IS NOT HYPERBOLE- THE CITY COPS WHERE I LIVE SIT AT INTERSECTIONS LOOKING FOR THIS AND HAND OUT HUNDREDS OF TICKETS A MONTH, RANGING FROM 200-$1,000.00 FOR *SNIP* LIKE THIS)

WHERE IS THE JUSTICE???
WHERE IS THE LOVE?!?!

***drops mic and walks off stage...***
edit on 9-1-2012 by ltinycdancerg because: (no reason given)

ATTENTION!
Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

edit on January 9th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/9/2012 by Mirthful Me because: All Caps Title.

edit on Mon Jan 9 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
So in other words, what you are saying... is that when I visit LA I dont have to go through the hassle of finding a designated driver?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

EXACTLY!!!

ughhh....beyond ridiculous!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Last summer a truck rammed into a bus stop, a tree, and then flattened a light standard pole - right outside our house.
I was up, and jumped to the roof when I heard the crash - loud and long. We couldn't see what had happened for all the trees - called the police-- they sent no one.
Then 2 minutes later, as we discovered later, the truck had tried to pull away from the downed pole - another loud metal crash.. phoned the police again.
We watched and waited, a tow truck showed up, but no police that we saw.

Funny thing is, the government started a program where if you see a drunk driver, you are to call 911. Reports soon after were of people who reported what they thought were drunk drivers to 911 as instructed, with the following reply - "We're too busy today"..

So - if you see something say something - sounds like just another ploy to bring in private security.
Am glad no one was hurt.
Don't wish to see the future.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
And that's the only way to get any state or federal governmental body/organ/agency/office/excretion to start doing what they're meant to be doing. And that, namely, is: TO SERVE THE PEOPLE OF THE NATION. They are not meant to harass, oppress, deny, subjugate, extort, hijack, invade, restrict, hinder, or micromanage the people of the nation. They are there to take care of the fundamental infrastructure as the people deem necessary and worthy for their benefit. Government does not exist for its own sake. It exists for the sake of the people. If they tax us and use those monies to provide services, those services had better be there and with a goddam smile from here to eternity.

You know, I train dogs lately. Specifically I train dogs that have been kicked out of obedience school or whose owner has been told by some dog whisperer or animal psychologist that this dog is "untrainable". Three weeks ago I got a French bulldog that was alleged to be one of those. A week ago, she was fully trained. The owners will not be trained, of that I am certain. They have their own agenda, their own reasons for using this dog as a pawn and undermining her behavior.

This is an analogous situation with government and the people. The government is opportunistic, like a dog. That dog/government will make its life as easy as possible. It is Alpha as long as you don't challenge that position. Dog owners (aka citizens, residents, taxpayers) are easily distracted by their own petty lives. TV does a good job of that. Keeping up the neighbors. Chasing the almighty dollar. All the owners/taxpayers have to do is say No. Tell that dog to Sit. Stay. Heel. Don't flinch when they try to challenge you. Smack them on the nose. Stare them down. Rein them in hard. Give them no slack on that leash. Make them do your bidding. It's your right and your responsibility to take that dog under your control. Life is better all the way around when everyone knows what to expect.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Cops not giving a damn? Shocking.

There was another story recently where an 8-year old boy called 911 because his mom was having a heart attack. The 911 operator told him to "stop playing on the phone" and hung up on him. He called back a second time and a different operator basically told him the same thing and threatened him. She sent cops to his house to scare him for "making false calls to 911".

When they finally showed up 3 hours later, they found the boy sitting next to his now DEAD mothers body.

Gotta love this country.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

TO REPORT
Ugh I know what you mean---
The cops advertise all over the place to CALL 911 to REPORT DRUNK DRIVERS,
and then when you do, they're nowhere to be found.

I had an experience relative to this not too long ago myself-

I was driving home from downtown Dallas from a charity art exhibit we put on (we as in a small group of artists, about 20 of us, who volunteer to do live art shows pro-bono and donate artwork for auction, solely to raise money for charity- we call ourselves 'The Just-Us League- and i.e. we raised over $20,000 for Japan following the earthquake/tsunami)

Anyway,

I was on my way home from cleaning up after one of our events- around 3 AM on a Saturday, when I came across a car parked in one of the center lanes of a 4 lane highway (with a speed limit of 70 mph).

I pulled over to the side of the road and made sure no cars were in sight,
I get over to the car,
all his windows are down,
his radio was blaring (so loud it even hurt my ears- and I'm literally HALF-DEAF in my right ear, and have25% loss in my left)

I started screaming at him and he would'nt wake up,
I had to CRAWL IN HIS CAR AND SHAKE HIM vigorously to get him to wake back up.
He didn't speak english- only Spanish (an illegal Mexican immigrant)

I tried to explain to him what was going on,
he was totally out of it,
so I told him to move into the passenger seat,
I got in,
and drove the car to the shoulder.
I told him to stay there, and I called 911-
the dispatcher was very short with me- similar to what Adam described- and saidit would be about 30 minutes before an officer could get there.
Then she asked if I would wait with him?!?!
I SAID NO WAY!

First, I had a big performance the next day and had to be up at 8 AM,
AND besides that, I don't feel safe sitting here with some random intoxicated illegal immigrant who doesn't speak any english on the side of the road in the middle of the night by myself.

The guy was passing back out in the passenger seat, I turned off the car, left the hazard lights on, lit a flare and and put cones up surrounding him (I always have a fully stocked emergency kit with me
)

I had told the Dispatcher I wouldn't wait- primarily in the hope that they'd send someone faster...
I waited in my car for 30 minutes but still no show,
so I left.

I felt horrible for leaving, but I felt I did all I could do.

The guy was breathing just fine and all (I'm a trained CPR/First Aid/Atheletic Trainer, and was Pre-Med in College- I knew he wasn't experiencing alcohol poisioning or anything, I was just worried that some other drunk jerk would crash into him.

But like I said, I had a big show the next day, I did what I felt was right, and I called the police station the next day to follow up..

They had no record of any of it.

SERVE AND PROTECT...

or not.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ltinycdancerg

GoodLord! Talk about going above and beyond!! Happy it turned out safe for you, but aye carumba that was bold of you to take into consideration his safety (and of course the safety of other traffic) over your own.
I guess you should have used the "t" word and said he had a sub machine gun -- I wunder how busy they would have been then---

PS Loved to hear about your group of artists and the work you do-- stay well and safe!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   

aw thank you!
I didn't want to leave the guy there, but I really didn't have much choice-
I was really bummed about that situation for weeks- especially since the police department had no info to share with me.

But one woman I spoke with said there were no accidents within 30 miles of that area within 24 hours of my happening upon him.

She was the only person I spoke with who was nice and helpful-
and She was a SECRETARY.
She was very reassuring, insisting I went above and beyond my duty as a a citizen and that most likely what happened was that the guy had woken up and drove off by the time the officer got there.

Of course this was all off the record.
But I was really grateful for her input- because it was really stressing me out.
I was losing sleep over it!

She seemed even more angry than me because I was put in that situation.
I sent her flowers the next week

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Does calling the local precinct instead of 911 help,

any??

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

oh and btw- here's a vid I made from one of our events, "love and loss"

Once or twice a month we do free 'live' shows where we all just come with a bunch of paint and brushes, pick a theme, and all start painting at once on a giant canvas or mural- the city of Dallas has even hired us to paint murals downtown

And it's ALL pro-bono work and for charity!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
You should have the phone number of your local cop-shop.

call direct,
rather than explaining that the neighbours are beating each other up and 20questions, to some phone jockey who is then gonna attempt to play chinese whispers to the police.

need cops? calls cops.
need fire? call fire.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

WOW That was beautiful beyond words... all the images were moving-- I was compelled by the facial image in the top L.H. corner, just had to add.

Art and music - the universal languages.
Many blessings to you all and your work.

The Just Us League - what we can do with words as well

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by CitizenNum287119327

I tried calling the 'non-emergency' number too but didn't get an answer.

Part of the issue was where this all took place-
I was basically at an intersection of FOUR different cities/jurisdictions.
And I addressed that with the 911 operator, asking if any of the four could dispatch officers that could get there faster.

She frankly said,
"NO."

And that's RIDICULOUS.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenNum287119327
You should have the phone number of your local cop-shop.

call direct,
rather than explaining that the neighbours are beating each other up and 20questions, to some phone jockey who is then gonna attempt to play chinese whispers to the police.

need cops? calls cops.
need fire? call fire.

To note, I did call the local police. No fire, didn't hear anyone screaming for an ambulance - they're busy enough as it is with fires and the like...
makes it more clear to see the design - why should anyone call 911 if they see a drunk driver - WTH should all depts. be contacted - just adds to the expense and availability - and then oh-- we now need to contract out emergency services - how convenient.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Same with me...

it's become obvious they PICK AND CHOOSE WHAT THEY FEEL LIKE RESPONDING TO!

And just to reiterate-
I live in a town that is ALL middleclass-LOADED....mostly upper-middle class.

Virtually NO VIOLENT CRIME.

Yet we have HUNDREDS,
LITERALLY,
of local cops...
(i'll check into the exact number when I get a chance, but I know it's definitely in the hundreds)

There ain't crap going on in this area and they STILL are too damn lazy/incompetent to respond.

Unbelieveable and inexcusable.

And Carolla's case is one of the most abusrd I've ever heard in my life-
and he's a freakin' CELEBRITY!
But at least we now know they're not biased!

Seriously- listen to the vid I posted in the OP-
He addresses all these same issues...
Adam is notorious for bashing the LAPD and the Los Angeles mayor (THANK GOD!)
I love when he gets into rants on this issue because I feel the same exact way and I find listening to him articulate the way I'm feeling so succinctly- and ENTERTAINING TOO!- to be very cathartic.

For those who don't know who Adam Carolla is,
he was born in Cali- into a VERY poor family.
Has one sister, and had a very dysfunctional family life.

He spend 20 years working hard labor- mainly construction.

Then he got a break with Dr. Drew (the doctor that has like a million shows out now lol- he has a program on CNN, Celebrity Rehab, Dr. Drew's Lifechangers, etc)
Adam and Dr. Drew were hosts on a show on MTV in the 90s called Loveline.
Since then,
Adam has worked with several more TV series including hosting and co-creating The Man Show- with Jimmy Kimmel- who is his BFF,
Crank Yankers,
The Car Show,
was a contestant on Dancing with the Stars,
starred in his autobiographical movie The Hammer,
lots of voice-over work (i.e. He's DEATH on the Family Guy lol)
and lots more
Oh, and just announced by Donald Trump last week- Adam is one of the contestants for the upcoming season of Celebrity Apprentice!

He's an in your face kinda comedian, unapologetic and VERY ANTI-POLITICALLY CORRECT- which is WHY I LOVE HIM!
I cannot STAND that PC garbage.
He tells it like he sees it- he's got that Carlin-esque spunk. though I may not agree with him on everything- hell, sometimes he staight up pisses me off-
but somehow, I've come to love him unconditionally
LOL

But seriously-
this sorry excuse for police and emergency service needs to be HANDLED.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Here in Scotland a few years ago , someone took a tyre lever and opened the driver,s door of my car and stole my car stereo. I phoned the police and they said once someone was free they would send someone out.i
I live between 3 police stations and they are about 2 miles max distance of me.
This was a Sunday at 2 pm.
My insurance company got in touch with a local garage who towed it to their depot for repairs at 9pm as it was outside my home and not causing any holdup with other traffic.
Next day I phoned again and was told by the cops the same answer as the first time I called.
Monday came and went and on the Tuesday the garage phoned to say because of the damage the car would be a right off as the door being bent had damaged the bonnet etc and would cost more than it was worth as it was not a newish car.
Wednesday came and insurance settled my claim with garage and myself which was quick for them!
Wednesday night I got a call from the police asking if anyone had touched the car since the break in to it and I asked him if he was having a laugh! He told me to not to talk to him like that or I would be charged! And that's all I said to him, then I told him to not bother as car had already been sent to the scrap yard as I had seen it myself there.
End of story but I don't see much point in reporting if this ever happens again, but if you are 5 mph over the speed limit they will jump out of a side road with lights blaring!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   

And yet your cops will say they are short-staffed and overloaded?
I just assumed US/city/large population base/busy. (I know - never assume--)

That makes your incident even more of a crime!
The incident here was around 1 a.m. on a Sat. night, but in a hood where crimes don't get reported as often as in other hoods. Didn't say they don't happen - we just rarely hear about them officially.

Maybe they just didn't want to find out who it was who took out half a block. Or maybe they did know, and decided not to pursue drunk driving charges. Leads one to think.
Shameful all the way around it.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Unreal. She should have told the 911 Operator the guy was an Occupier camping on her lawn.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

So obviously it pisses you off L.A 911 (supposedly) ‘dissed‘ the family of the DJ who’s program ‘you just love.’
Fine. But this is ATS not BTS Rants.

Truly, there is enough negativity and hate out there surrounding cops already - soooo - if you’re going to push the ‘cop hate agenda’ - at least do it with some facts why-dont’cha. *wink*

I mean - do you have a LINK to a valid newspaper article about this incident? Maybe a copy of the 911 call where the officer was supposedly ‘rude and unprofessional’? No? Ohhh I see... You’re taking all your (third hand) ‘fact’ from the DJ with the potty mouth. Ohhhh, ok. Silly me!

And that picture of a JD bottle? Well sorry but I wasn’t going to subject myself to another minute of the DJ’s vulgarity, yelling and whining, along with his obvious hyping up the incident for his listeners so I didn’t get to the picture. Regardless what would it have proved? Anyone can take a picture of any JD bottle and claim, well, anything.

Peace

Oh! I almost forgot. Thanks for the CAPS in your title! Wow I might have missed this extremely informative thread all together without it.

peace
edit on 9-1-2012 by silo13 because: calls it like I sees it - edit for bold.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join