It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

thrift store finds... the original iMac in bondi blue with a sweet 82 yr old lady's recipes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Originally posted by jude11
Keep that baby!

That could be your retirement sale in years to come.

Good find sir!

Peace

Thanks

Yea I won't be selling it. I always wanted one and even though I had to wait 14yrs I still want it. It's useful and I like Claris Works and know the programs on it
I remember them in school and at the libraries.

Im a girl

I got to tour Google last winter with someone we know who works there. They have this little 'shrine' area set up where all the geeks have lovingly brought their older machines in (fully operational, of course) and set them up in a kind of museum. Atari, old Apple IIC's, Commodores, IBMs, and TI-99/4A (which we used to have!)

I think Apple technology does become collectable. They're so beautiful. We were a bit horrified when we found out the Apple IIC we gave away is worth some money now. If it works, hang onto it. These are not rare now, but it won't take long for them to disappear from the scene.

Plus, you can still use it for stuff, even if it can't handle the internet anymore. Macs are pretty wonderful things.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by n3mesis
awesome find.!! i haven't had any in a while but your find and post was inspirational haha i need to get back out there asap now and the mattel football vid was an awesome throwback to my youth i had one and loved it i bet if i still had it i'd pick that over any game or device i have at the moment.!!

I go weekly. You kind of have to go often since things change so much. I go on certain days and if I have to work I go a different day.

I'll go one day and find nothing, then two days later and get everything I need.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustSlowlyBackAway

I got to tour Google last winter with someone we know who works there. They have this little 'shrine' area set up where all the geeks have lovingly brought their older machines in (fully operational, of course) and set them up in a kind of museum. Atari, old Apple IIC's, Commodores, IBMs, and TI-99/4A (which we used to have!)

Haha that is awesome!

I think Apple technology does become collectable. They're so beautiful. We were a bit horrified when we found out the Apple IIC we gave away is worth some money now. If it works, hang onto it. These are not rare now, but it won't take long for them to disappear from the scene.

I have always liked the look and design of Apple's computers. Yea I know many people with older Apple's that got rid of them and now wished they kept them. All schools I attended used Apple. I remember playing games in class and using it on my lunch break to play on the internet. It was just coming out.

Plus, you can still use it for stuff, even if it can't handle the internet anymore. Macs are pretty wonderful things.

Yes they are

From what i have read and found in various forums, it does pretty well with the internet with a few upgrades. Of course I am hoping this is somewhat true. Even if not it's not a loss I can do many other things. I'll download the software updates on my Macbook Pro and then put them on the iMac and go from there. It will just take some time to do. I only want it for certain things like Claris
and to go online when I want to do my morning reading and give my laptop a break.

Of course I will eventually get a newer iMac desktop and this will just be a cool corner piece in my room lol
I'll keep it with all my other Apple items I've acquired over the years.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
COoL! I had one it was my favorite color orange. Then we purchased the blueberry one and then the graphite one then the emac which was completely white..got the black screen of death on the emac.. but hey it lasted along time..

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neopan100
COoL! I had one it was my favorite color orange. Then we purchased the blueberry one and then the graphite one then the emac which was completely white..got the black screen of death on the emac.. but hey it lasted along time..

I always wanted the Strawberry one cause it was the pink one. Those are not easy to find!

I found a Blueberry one years ago and never bought it, kicked myself for it later.

I am now looking for the iBook in the blue, it's teal but it doesn't have that for the color name. Those however are not easy to find and actually quite expensive for a laptop of that age but I'd like to add one to my collection.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
It's amazing what one can find at a thrift store/flea market/ garage or whatever sale. If you look hard enough, there is almost always a gem in the pile of trash at those places.
I once found a pre-WWI clock at a garage sale. Unfortunately, it did not work, but I still got it for around $50 I think.
Congrats on the find, and the job.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by insanedr4gon
It's amazing what one can find at a thrift store/flea market/ garage or whatever sale. If you look hard enough, there is almost always a gem in the pile of trash at those places.
I once found a pre-WWI clock at a garage sale. Unfortunately, it did not work, but I still got it for around $50 I think.
Congrats on the find, and the job.

Oh I know! I have found some good things. I think this is right up there with my pasta maker lol

That isn't bad and you can probably get it fixed. Where I live there are many places that fix "old" things. We have one store that does nothing but fix and restore old floor radios and record players

My friend and I joke about how we need to start checking the backs of pictures or under other ones lol.

There are many different stores where I live, it's crazy. I have never seen this many so there are always good finds here.

Thanks!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join