It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afterlife - Why No Communication?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by survivaloftheslickest
The main argument of people who KNOW there is no afterlife is simple: if there was an afterlife, surely we would be able to communicate with the deceased?

Having ''said'' that, the following can be stated:

1. The deceased do not communicate because there is no afterlife, so there is nothing to communicate with.

Very possible but then we don't have anything left to discuss, this topic doesn't exist neither does this post.

2. The deceased are trying to communicate with us but something is making it difficult.

Perhaps people in the past did find ways to communicate but overtime this became organized and before you know it some powerful soul took charge of the whole thing between this world and the afterlife.

3. The deceased are in a place of such beauty/bliss/hell/what have you, they simply do not want to communicate.

If there is an afterlife there should be trillions and trillions of souls somewhere in existence. It shouldn't be a hard choice when everything here is also found overthere (meaning people to do things with), why bother going to a place where people ignore your very existence? Where you are remembered of this worlds scents, scenery but unable to experience it like in the flesh? It would be pure torture. One might even risk getting stuck inside someone's ghost bottle or getting cast away in the name of Jesus.

Of course, there is instrumental transcommunication, whereby we are supposed to be able to communicate with the dead, but - overall - there does not seem to be 100% provable communication with the dead. After all, how would one go about validating such a claim in an era of technology?

The brain is still unsurpassed technology, why people don't view it as technology I don't get. Are people less 'human' when we think of the brain as a computer doing trillions of calculations? Does it make life less special, valuable, magical? Why do people believe the brain holds few secrets while most can't even describe their own thought processes, dreams or memories? Or is it because we all look like fools sitting on technology more complex than we can understand and pretend we have already mastered being human so we can all feel good about ourselves, no need to study such difficult notions which might not even exist!

Billions of people died. If there truly was an afterlife, surely we would be able to communicate with them on a more or less constant basis. I really hope there is something more to this, but you can't deny this is strange.. there should be more communicaton attempts... unless we are just pieces of meat, a random cosmic accident. A scary thought indeed on which I'd rather not elaborate.

Anyone trying would be locked away or have less value in society because of possible mental issues. Unless they happen to be in a wealthy family. Really people don't seem to want to be reminded about their own inevitable passing or what happens next, they want to live life to the fullest and thinking about or even interacting with a possible next world naturally does not help achieve that goal.
edit on 6/5/2012 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
There is an afterlife as surely as there are colors and sounds that humans cannot see or hear.
Just because you cannot perceive them does not mean they do not exist.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Knowing people as I know them, I would imagine if the dead could communicate with the living they would. There is not a person I know who would voluntarily wait decades to talk to friends or family members. Especially given the mystery of death and what might await, if anything. Either they cannot because there is no afterlife, its impossible to do, or they have rules imposed upon them and aren't allowed to.

I won't ignore the reports of people who have claimed to have communicated with the deceased in some manner. Even my mother claims to have seen and talked to her father (my maternal grandfather) moments after he died. The rarity, randomness, and sporadic nature of those reports do nothing to make it a likely event that the dead can communicate with the living.

If the dead can communicate with the living I can only imagine that they don't due to some rules they're forced to adhere to. Most reports of after-death communication happen just after somebody dies. Not months or years later. This would seem to suggest that the dead might communicate before they know they're not supposed to. That's all I can figure. Why would such a rule be imposed upon them and why would they adhere to it? I have no idea.
edit on 6-5-2012 by Frith because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by survivaloftheslickest

Our mind doesn't know how to handle the end of itself.

Most of our goals in life are predicated on living, not dying. That too.

So many things we can overcome, but not death.

The afterlife is no more a fairy tale than those who think this reality is a computer matrix/program. Or anybody really that invents an idea to make coping with death more manageable.

I think there's no easy way to deal with death. It bothers everyone whether they admit or not. In fact, on a deep level in our mind, we're frightened by this reality. There're many layers of truth.
edit on 6-5-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
also, if there is an afterlife, it will be a place where there is no such thing as "time", so perhaps they are already talking to us

RE: blueorder

I've heard that theory as well --- that 'time' is just an illusion in our 3D reality and that everything is actually happening simultaneously at once.

Which might mena that in the afterlife -- the reason our deceased loved ones aren't trying so hard to contact all of us is because we're actually already with them in the afterlife. (At the same time we're still living out this life)

Definitely a mind-boggling concept if true!

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

The main argument of people who KNOW there is no afterlife is simple: if there was an afterlife, surely we would be able to communicate with the deceased?

Having ''said'' that, the following can be stated:

1. The deceased do not communicate because there is no afterlife, so there is nothing to communicate with.

2. The deceased are trying to communicate with us but something is making it difficult.

3. The deceased are in a place of such beauty/bliss/hell/what have you, they simply do not want to communicate.

Of course, there is instrumental transcommunication, whereby we are supposed to be able to communicate with the dead, but - overall - there does not seem to be 100% provable communication with the dead. After all, how would one go about validating such a claim in an era of technology?

Billions of people died. If there truly was an afterlife, surely we would be able to communicate with them on a more or less constant basis. I really hope there is something more to this, but you can't deny this is strange.. there should be more communicaton attempts... unless we are just pieces of meat, a random cosmic accident. A scary thought indeed on which I'd rather not elaborate.

Your theory and questions are very good and valid. However, the only this is, it doesn't bring up mediums or even family members who dream about the deceased and impart information they check on later, only to find out it was accurate. The reason I bring this up is because I know for a fact that contact exists, it is not just like how we are as living humans, the constant contact, or at least if it is, time is not the same, so what may seem like a million years to us, may only be 10 or whatever, to them.

I've done hundreds of free readings for people all over the world and have since stopped doing readings entirely. Honestly, it made me sad and tired. Anyway, not only can those who have passed communicate with us, they do it in different ways, subtle ways we might not realize at first. Also, they tend to only "stick around" when we are grieving in such a way that they feel they must stick around or if they feel guilty about something and want to get the message across. Rage and that kind of thing is nothing I've experienced, that seems to be something either tied into a residual haunting or is something that is strictly for entertainment purposes. I take that back, there was one case, but overall, I just never see it.

Billions of people have died, but just like we never knew our great-great-great-great- so-and-so's, they don't really seek out distant relatives hundreds and thousands of years later, as a norm, just like we don't discuss them or know anything about ours, either. Eventually, all of the friends and loved ones we know all die, and we're in an afterlife together or afterlives that intersect. That is why we don't have billions of visitations, aside from the fact that spirits don't necessarily have a constant need to communicate with us. It seems that there is always a purpose, sometimes just a reminder, why they come to us and then that's it, sometimes sporadic visits years inbetween occur, but that's about it.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

There IS an afterlife, and as technological devices and peoples psychic abilities advance we will be able to more readily communicate with the deceased.

1. The deceased do not communicate because there is no afterlife, so there is nothing to communicate with. FALSE

2. The deceased are trying to communicate with us but something is making it difficult. TRUE

3. The deceased are in a place of such beauty/bliss/hell/what have you, they simply do not want to communicate. PARTLY TRUE

Of course, there is instrumental transcommunication, whereby we are supposed to be able to communicate with the dead, but - overall - there does not seem to be 100% provable communication with the dead. After all, how would one go about validating such a claim in an era of technology? TRY IT YOURSELF - EVPS AND REVERSE EVPS AND REVERSE SPEECH..

Billions of people died. If there truly was an afterlife, surely we would be able to communicate with them on a more or less constant basis. I really hope there is something more to this, but you can't deny this is strange.. there should be more communicaton attempts... TRUE

unless we are just pieces of meat, a random cosmic accident. A scary thought indeed on which I'd rather not elaborate. FALSE
edit on 19-5-2012 by neotech1neothink because:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I communicate with dead people all the time, thing is they are technically dead but they were human, they are our ancestors if anything, much more advanced spirits than we are

edit:
also my dad who recently died in february communicates with me in dreams and these are good dreams I tell you
edit on 20-5-2012 by jyze420 because: edit

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join