It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will We Have a Winter this Year??

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I have to say the weather here in a australia has been VERY odd for this time of year,
usually you can expect at least high 30s to low 40s ( * Celsius ).

BUT INSTEAD its just been very mild, not much rain.

although you can probably just chalk this up to La Nina

WD

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
It's due to global warming caused by CHEMTRAILS to bring about their carbon tax and enslave the entire planet.. Ha ha can't wait for them to knock on the door asking for taxes for carbon dioxide. The only carbon dioxide they are going to see is the split second right after the .45 round ignites as the pin hits.
edit on 8-1-2012 by LtDangle because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-1-2012 by LtDangle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Kelowna BC here... warmest winter we've ever had here..its usually way below 0 celcius but its around 0-8 degrees

although i've only been here for 2.5 years people who live here tell me it hasn't been like this before.. at least not for a long time

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Your right there! no it doesn't seem to be a midwest thing down here in Florida we had a pretty long cold snap one day last week North Dakota was a few degrees warmer than we were. The weather is definately odd weather its HAARP doing or something else its odd!!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
we got 30 inches in a one night in massachusetts in October, but nothing else. the tempature was freezing in late december but yesterday was a really nice day, 50 degrees i think, I actually went outside to play some bball with some friends. Something strange is really going on tho, i've never had a winter soo warm in massachusetts

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
anybody else have a geese problem? The geese stay year round around here. Where the hell are they comming from? They seem to multiply at an unbelievable rate. This last summer i had to wait for the ducks and the geese to cross the road in town by the lake at big lake, MN. rediculous. I had the camera and i took pics. They crawled up the bank, crossed the road into this guy's yard. That is how it is around here. All over the place. Don't get me wrong, i like the birds, but this is rediculous. Even planes have problems with them. NO LIE. Is the weather patterns sending these birds here. Even when i was younger, i NEVER EVER seen that many in my lifetime.
Just find ANY lake, river in MN and you will find them all over the place. HELL, i have also seen white geese or whatever kind of birds they were in the fields. They had really long necks, big birds. Nice looking.
Yesterday was so nice people wore shorts. Tell me if anyone has a geese problem. They not going south for the winter. WHY.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
After reading all of these posts, it seems this lack of Winter and snow is global. I think that is VERY strange. It makes me wonder if a global summer drought will follow. It was soo hot last summer here in Iowa, I was actualy looking forward to Fall for relief.

I know that reserves of corn and wheat have been low in the last year. If there is drought, it makes me wonder how this will affect corn and soybeans in the coming summer. If its hot, dry and we have a low harvest....it could affect our food supplies. That would be a bad thing. Corn and soy are in almost everything we eat.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Same in north Idaho. No snow and 20-30 degs above normal. But it does change from year to year. summers get later and later every year it seems. We have a nasty winter every 7-10 years ish. But if you talk to people who have been around longer(remember the 70s and 80) they use words like "Back when it used to get a lot colder here..." or "it doesn't get as cold as it did back then." Your guess is good as mine. Nothing wrong with a longer growing season.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Northeast Florida here and I have been asking myself “where is the winter?” Our weather has been considerably above average for over a month now with only one cold snap resulting in two days with lows below 32°F (0°C). What has been unusual though is that our night time lows are almost the same as places much further north even though they are still above average. For example, during the cold snap our lows were colder than northern Georgia and even colder than Minneapolis, MN.

Here are the facts for my area:

Average High: 63°F (17°C)
Average Low: 43°F (6°C)

Today was 79°F (26°C) for the high and the morning was 43°F (6°C). We have not had any rain in probably over a month now. The last time it rained was right around Thanksgiving. Wednesday offers precipitation in the form of severe thunderstorms as a front moves through.

15 day forecast

Monday: 74°/52°F | 23°/11°C
Tuesday: 74°/56°F | 23°/13°C
Wednesday: 73°/47°F | 23°/8°C
Thursday: 68°/51°F | 20°/11°C
Friday: 70°/59°F | 21°/15°C
Saturday: 71°/47° | 22°/8°
Sunday: 63°/39° | 17°/4°C

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I cannot say anything about your missing winter.

But down here at the south hemisphere we are not having the summer we used to. And our last winter wasn't anything like the winter we were supposed to have.

In a wild guess I would say the earth tilt did not move to the usual degrees. We did not get much closer to the sun and you guys not very far from it.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Here in N. Florida, we are going on 2 years of below average rainfall. Water tables are dropping, lakes and ponds are drying up. I've never seen the lakes around my area this low. Some folks say this is the lowest they've seen it in 30 years or more.

Fl Division of Forestry. Jacksonville looks to be a lot below average in 2010, and a little below in 2011, and nothing so far for 2012. Tallahassee was a little low in 2010, REALLY low in 2011, and nothing so far in 2012.

I'm afraid some big tropical systems will come through and help us catch up, and we don't need that! We just need some normal rain showers from time to time.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
For about the past two weeks I've been asking the same question to everyone here in Central New York. It actually snowed enough last week for a sled ride one day, but after that it melted and its all green now.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

Those big white birds with long necks may have been swans.

We've seen more geese around here the last few years...Maybe more development have driven them from wilderness...dunno.

Last fall we had a flock walking down the street in our subdivision.

ETA
I mentioned in an earlier post we still had geese around...I've seen a flock of 30-40 flying several mornings in the last week or so....I assume as long as there is grass, etc for them to eat and water for them...why go further south.
edit on Sun Jan 8 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Same thing here, NE Ohio there is no snow, it snowed a few days and thats it, all melted long ago.

Drive 20 mins south, and it's winter wonderland, haha..

I hate the snow anyway, My daily driver is a Mustang and thats RWD.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

The weather has been odd to say the least this winter.

I consider this winter a "make-up" for last winter. Last winter was brutally harsh here, it was one of the worst I could ever remember.

I'm not complaining whatsoever.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lynzer
After reading all of these posts, it seems this lack of Winter and snow is global. I think that is VERY strange. It makes me wonder if a global summer drought will follow. It was soo hot last summer here in Iowa, I was actualy looking forward to Fall for relief.

I know that reserves of corn and wheat have been low in the last year. If there is drought, it makes me wonder how this will affect corn and soybeans in the coming summer. If its hot, dry and we have a low harvest....it could affect our food supplies. That would be a bad thing. Corn and soy are in almost everything we eat.
O boy, the u.s. would tear itself apart, riots, robbery, and crime would skyrocket. we would be in a state of emergency. I hope that doesnt happen............

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

According to the weather station I own, which is on WeatherUnderground here we have only had exactly 5.10" since September 21, 2011.

2.22" | September
0.11" | October
1.99" | November
0.77" | December
0.01" | January

My location should have about 11" of rain between late September and early January, so we are at about 50%. If this continues (which I pray it doesn't) then I can already predict April - October. April, May, June, July will have extreme heat 95°F+ with little rain and another year with an outbreak of wildfires then August, September, October we will have to worry about considerable hurricane threats. Hopefully it starts raining by late March before the Summer begins.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
How do i put pics on here? Show you all the geese and bird populations around here exploded in 3 years.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

I think the seasons have been off this year, summer (in the UK at least) seemed to start later than normal, and now winter is taking its time, and it does seem like we are about to see some winter weather soon.

I wonder what could be causing it, natural? Something to do with solar maximum? Hell at this point I'll even throw in change of the Earths axis due to the Japanese earthquake (is this possible?) if it will help, lol.

One things for sure, I've saved on heating bills so far.
edit on 8/1/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I heard that there will be no more Autumn and Spring...
Just 6 months of Winter and 6 months of Summer...

Sounds plausible IMHO...

But then again, over here in Melbourne, Australia, we have all for seasons in one day =P

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join