It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will We Have a Winter this Year??

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Could this have anything to do with the methane plumes in the arctic?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I've spoken to 'The Weather Boys' and due to the recent economic climate,
Winter has been cancelled.
Sorry, there's just not enough money to hire the Chem-trailers to do their bit.

Maybe next year, huh?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Usally at this time of year in Western Australia its SUPER hot every day. This summer has been nice and cool. With 25-30c degree days. We even had rain and thunder storms lol. We have only had 1 or 2 hot days that went to 38-40c. I prefer the cool weather so its pretty good!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
It's been mild in Colorado, but last year we got pounded with below average temperature and above average snow fall. Nothing to start cutting our wrists over.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
up state ny (westchester) we had 60 degrees yesterday

very odd thhen today we had about 30 very odd

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

For us here in North Florida it can be very dangerous if we do not have an at least average winter temperature and rainfall wise. Usually when we go without a good Winter the Summer begins early with months of non – stop temperatures above 90°F with very high humidity, lots of haze due to the wildfires (especially since my county has lots of woods), and then late Summer brings constant hurricane threats if we have a hot dry summer.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

I'm also from southeast Michigan. I have noticed that the winter season seems to be nonexistent this year. Light snow a handful of times, none of it lasting more than day in the sun.
edit on 8-1-2012 by andrewh7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I'm in Western Montana and this winter has been VERY different from previous one. Firstly, I have noticed a decline in the amount of really cold days and snow fall during winter over the course of the past few years.

This year has been completely different from ANY winter I have experienced. The biggest difference is that other than two really good snow storms we have had almost no significant winter storms. And the few we have had, the snow was gone within a week.

Another noticeable difference is that this time last year, and 2010, and 2009 and every stinking year I have been alive (22) It was icy, snow everywhere and a high of about 10 degrees F. but usually hovered around 6 during the day.

During the day right now its ranges between 35-60 degrees and not once has it gotten near as cold as any other winter.

And everyone I talk to about it is noticing the same thing.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
central Minnesota here....I am loving this as I would rather hibernate through Minnesota winters...we have not had a day go below zero as of yet. Not having a white Christmas was strange though....the ice fisherman are complaining and of course there has been no snowmobiling. No snow to speak of and very mild. The most strange to me is the amount of sunshine we have been having. Dec and Jan you rarely get any sunshine here...normally...it's been sunny every day and temps have been very mild. I'm not complaining but it has made me wonder

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Aint HAARP cool!! Lol......I'm actually expecting TPTB to keep HAARP pushing us a mild winter.....why ask you?? THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION BASED ON MY OBSERVATIONS........Because whent the dollar is soon no longer declared the "world reserve currency", and it is devalued by half or less, martial law will be declared in full effect! I think TPTB want good weather for their goon squads to be able to operate efficiently......just my opinion, no facts or sources to quote.....so dont ask! haha

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
MInnesota's Year without a Winter. 1877-78

Farmers near Minneapolis were plowing fields until late December 1878. But in spite of the general warmth, three days with subzero temperatures in early January 1878 froze the Mississippi River in Saint Paul so that it was closed for navigation until the 28th of February. After January 7 only three days through the remainder of the 'cool' season would experience single digit temperatures or lower.

The "Monthly Weather Review" from February 1878 reported prairie fires in Minnesota, Dakota, and Kansas. In that same month active insects in Iowa, grasses sprouting in Dakota, and the ice cover in Duluth harbor broken up by heavy winds were all reported.

The continuing warmth of March 1878 allowed the first boat arrival in Duluth on the 17th. From research done by naturalist Jim Gilbert, Lake Minnetonka ice is known to have gone out at the earliest date on record, March 11, some 35 days earlier than its median ice-out date of April 15.

The winter of 1877-78 while warmest of record at Minneapolis-St. Paul, was not a dry winter. The months of December 1877 through February 1878 saw 3.09 inches of precipitation. For comparison, the full record average for December through February is 2.71 inches.

I can't find anything to warn us of what happened the following summer though!

That winter was not dry and warm though, it was still a typically wet winter, even a little more wet than usual.

So, this mild, dry winter is a new phenomenon.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Here in the southeastern US the temperature today was right at 70 degs. This is really above normal as this is the time for this area to get snow if we get it at all. I saw people with short sleeves on and the air had a balmy feel to it. The weather has seemed to be out of kilter from summer of 2011. Unexplainable.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
This isn't the first time in the past year the seasons have been a little off. Last spring seemed to come early and hard, record temperatures and record tornadoes in the midwest. Then it seemed like summer was a month behind, it didn't get real hot in July like it normally does. Then it seemed like summer didn't want to go away with 80+ F temperatures in October. My birthday is in October, so it's a month I remember and this year was off the charts in terms of temperature. Now winter seems late. I know it sounds a bit out there but could the Japan quake have been a big enough jolt to mess with the earth's tilt? Maybe we are actually a month behind what's normal?

Whatever it is, it seems to be a global phenomenon.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

In alberta we have no snow and this time last year we had 3 feet. It was +16C the other day and I went out in shorts. If this is what happens when I idle my truck too much I say bring it on baby!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Lebanon, Missouri here (the Ozarks), and we've been enjoying mid 50's to upper 60's almost all this month. Aside form our nice rain we got for the holidays.

Weather in this part of Mo. is notorious for changing rapidly, but this has been fairly odd. This time last year, and years before, it has been bitter cold or snowing to boot. Last year was when we got hit with severe cold. One morning after I left work I walked into -25 F wind chill. That was humbling to say the least...

Although these spring temps seem nice, it's kind of scary. I tend to enjoy the cold after a hot summer, and hate the bitter cold, but both are necessary IMO for the yearly cycle.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
The weather in Mississippi has been rather Normal down here ... Humid Cool weather with a few spurts of ice. No snow this year , but snow in Mississippi is a delicacy.

It has actually been below average temperatures here for the past 3 or 4 years. A few spouts of snow days in the winter , enough to cover the ground at least. The winter actually seems sort of Normal.

It is actually just getting into the Colder months of weather down here in Mississippi. January and February seems to be our coldest.

link   
funny im out here in Kansas and was wondering the same thing. i love the snow and stuff but the temp has been in the 40's and 50's with no precipitation in sight. what gives?

link   

Originally posted by exile1981
If this is what happens when I idle my truck too much I say bring it on baby!!!

LOL...same effect here on the west coast, only no truck idle gas at 3.60 a gallon.

Winter....what winter? Its 65-69 here every afternoon, no rain for months,
and none in sight. It still gets cold at night, but not too many nights below freezing.

My herbs are still all nice and green, tomato's finally gave up right after thanksgiving.
However, I have to water my garden all fall and winter, which is highly not right.

I feel bad for the deer, things look scarce for them...
I dont recall ever in my life such a dry warm "winter"

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Although I don't buy into the whole global warming theory... It IS getting to the point where I am starting to scratch my head.

Spring flowers are in bloom here in San Francisco and I kinda been praying for the sun to take its annual vacation
Well, maybe not praying but you get my drift. I just took a look at the satellite shots for the eastern Pacific and to be honest, I don't see anything noteworthy coming our way over the next week. Of course, we know because of the flow of the jet stream, the western US, particularly Washington state, gets all or most of the winter storms before they storm (pun) off towards the east coast.

Yeah... I'm scratching my head on this one.

BUT,

here is one for a conspiracy theory...

If it's true that Fukushima is spewing radiation into the atmosphere, has anyone considered HAARP and weather manipulation to keep that radiation from being swept by the winds over the US?

HEY!!! YAY! MY FIRST CONSPIRACY THEORY!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

I have not seen it again anywhere, but the University of Arkansas said on the local news that methane levels were at record levels!

Is the deepwater Horizon still outgassing? I also heard of some major outgassing in Siberia a few months ago! Something about the Arctic and methane release as well.

There is no better way to push an AGW agenda! Lets just hope they can take it back! I am sure it would be easy to warm it up, but not so easy to cool it back down!

Rapid warming is not consistent with AGW theory, but if you wanted to convince folks there is no better way.
edit on 8-1-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join