It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eastern Canada is Waking up to the Dangers of Fracking

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Well im in nova scotia, and after reading ths thread i ran to the kitchen and tried to light the water. Thankfully it didnt. Thanks for the info though, i will have to look into this more. Hope they arenot doing this too close to me. (wish they wouldnt do it at all)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
i live in moncton NB, and i hear enough of it, i see signs along the highway stop fracking, no to fracking, save our well water, stuff like that, there was even a protest that stopped trucks from going to a sit4e to test for gas.

a lot of ppl in NB depend on well water and, Irving owns 80% of NB anyways so if there invested in gas there going to drill no stopping them!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
That's really good news. Now if they would just wake up to the dangers of ripping down their ancient forests to steam wash oil out of sand and sending it to America. That would be really great news.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by OrchusGhule

Regrettably the corporate thugs have a firm grip on Canada, the deforestation, drilling, and polluting of our land is on a steady rise. There have been so many oil, gas, and lumber deals made lately that my head is spinning. They say it's good for the economy but I'm not seeing the benefits.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

It's time to get this viral before we end up like the mid-west states, the frequency and intensity of this fracking process will only increase. It is time to get off our duffs spread the word and stop this fracking crap before they take us all down.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

It's time to get this viral before we end up like the mid-west states, the frequency and intensity of this fracking process will only increase. It is time to get off our duffs spread the word and stop this fracking crap before they take us all down.

oops sorry mods dbl post please remove
edit on 8-1-2012 by DaarkSyde2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Sorry to hijack your thread, but this issue is really hitting a nerve with me so I hope you don't mind if I add a few links.

www.gaslandthemovie.com...

en.wikipedia.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink">en.wikipedia.org...

www.gaslandthemovie.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.gaslandthemovie.com...

www.canadians.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.canadians.org...

[url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk...]

I hope this helps anyone looking for more info on Fracking

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I'm kinda sick so not going to take the time to look and see if there is a thread for this already - there should be one if there isn't, but anyway - check out this news report I stumbled upon the other day.

Is frakking causing earthquakes in Ohio? CBS News

Frakking is bad, m'kay?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

Fracking appears to be very bad news, and there are a ton of threads. I even have two on top of this one. I did a previous one on water contamination and the earthquakes. There were many other good ones.

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Is there an alternative to the fracking process????

we all love the results... hate the process.

energy is wonderful......ask yourself ...if your willing to pay the price.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaarkSyde2012
It's all over the news up here in Canada,I watched it last night and I actually saw a guy light his water tap on fire.

If you have vid of this i would seriously appreciate it as i would like to share it with some ppl.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
They've also supposed to have been fracking in Saskatchewan for a while now, although apparently the corporates won't admit it - it took a friend who has worked in the oil fields for decades to tell me - when I asked him if they were going to be fracking here any time soon, he laughed- and first asked me where I had heard the word, then laughed and said they had been doing it for a long time.

HELP!
(thats not a request, but a reply - just talking about it and making others aware rocks)

Thanks for this thread.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by AzureSky

I have familiy in NB and never heard of this at all.

Do you know how often you can feel the quakes?

I posted my NB story here awhile back.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
If you want to see what will happen to you and your loved ones when big oil comes a callin' you need to see the Canadian film board's documentary called wiebo's war. It is a true story of a Christian sect headed by reverend Wiebo Ludwig living on top of the worlds largest gas deposit in Alberta and his battle against big oil, their sour gas pipelines and shale fracking.
His family had 1/2 dozen still births and illnesses from the toxic gas releases. The R.C.M.P. accused him of bombing pipelines (some now are admittedly done by the police themselves to get the community turned against them.) This tactic worked as they received many threats, including one attempted car bomb attack and many drive by harassments. On one fateful night a group of drunk teens thought they would harass them by driving all over their yard and a 16 year old girl in the truck got shot to death.
Please if you are any where near where fracking will take place your life depends on seeing this documentary.
peace and love friends
brice

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

Sulfur is a natural element in many drinking water supplies.

To all: We don't need no stinking fracking! The energy We need is all around Us. They hide and suppress this fact though.

For more information, see My thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Can you please enter one thread and not plug your idea, your book or anything else related to the planetary idiocy program?

Thanks in advance.

-B

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by Amaterasu

Sulfur is a natural element in many drinking water supplies.

To all: We don't need no stinking fracking! The energy We need is all around Us. They hide and suppress this fact though.

For more information, see My thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Can you please enter one thread and not plug your idea, your book or anything else related to the planetary idiocy program?

Thanks in advance.

-B

I never plug My book. And I am spreading awareness of what We Humans can do NOW on Our planet to end poverty, hunger, war, and the power elite's control over Us. If I read one new reader, I am vindicated.

That YOU cannot grasp that is irrelevant.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

I am preparing for the thumping I am going to get for writing this. It's bunk. I was an environmental inspector contracted from outside of Pennsylvania to monitor 450 brand new wells being drilled into the Marcellus Shale. Why was I there? The fear mongering, that's why. From continuous Ph testing, water sampling to nuclear density testing. After 1-year of testing monitor wells, and continuous testing done today, it is a safe process. If there is an accident involving the rig sub-surface (1 in 500 is my hypothesis.) Then there is a chance 10 years from now that liquids 10000ft under the water table will reach & create a problem. Mind you there is oversight to the oversight (DEP, EPA.) I am more concerned with the gas station or laundromat down the street is contaminating the soil & water. Then you have more companies coming in to re-mediate those unwanted conditions (Meaning the injection of more chemicals to offset the Ph factor, HRC/ORC, sodium permaganate (purple & does not wash off.) So I don't see how one biologist can hold a candle next to thousands of man-hours of testing and reporting, only to be analyzed by hordes of engineers. What people do not know, it's not just natural gas coming up, it's oil too. As for all the earthquakes?? There are thousands of wells across Pennsylvania, where's the earthquakes, and why aren't they earth shattering. Oh wait because since recording earthquakes (USGS) it happens everywhere for no apparent reason, other than there are tectonic plates floating us around, so note worthy....... That's my two cents

29INFDIV
edit on 9-1-2012 by 29INFDIV because: Correction of well distance.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   

dutchsinse of YouTube fame has been all over this here in the states. Check out his vids on his YouTube channel.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
All I can think is of another reason not to drink tap water

OT: Yeah I guess they should do something different??? Not sure if their are alternative ways though, If they're are then yeah they should totally do those instead provided they are safer and more *Sigh* environmentally friendly. Not that I have a problem with more cleaner ways to drill or get energy, I just hate that phrase.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

There are links to this video as well as others, I found it again from someone in this thread who already posted a link, just check the thread again I am sure you will find it,actually here it is.

www.cbc.ca..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">http...://www.cbc.ca/shift/2011/12/12/alberta-woman-says-water-contaminated-by-fracking/

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join