It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eastern Canada is Waking up to the Dangers of Fracking

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaarkSyde2012
reply to post by cerebralassassins

There are links to this video as well as others, I found it again from someone in this thread who already posted a link, just check the thread again I am sure you will find it,actually here it is.

www.cbc.ca..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">http...://www.cbc.ca/shift/2011/12/12/alberta-woman-says-water-contaminated-by-fracking/

thank you but the link is either broken or something went wrong.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

I just tried to copy the link that is already in the thread, it worked for me, but the one I posted dosen't seem to work now, perhaps you can try the link from a couple pages back. Sorry still new here and experimenting on how to embed and post links.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Just wanted to give this a little bump up, I think this fracking issue should go viral, not just in Canada but anywhere this practice is in use. This is not only bad for the earth but for the life upon it as well.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Ran across this wanted to add it. It describes how fracking in Canada is the world's largest fracking operation!

www.bctwa.org...

For three and a half months, over a 111 day period, from sometime in
January to April 27, 2010, Apache fracked continuously, day and night,
an apparently unprecedented total of 274 fracks, averaging 2 and a
half (2.5) fracks per day. The machines never stopped running, the din
of the giant diesel engines kept blasting their high-pitched frequencies,
far more annoying than the resonating vuvuselas at the 2010 World Cup
in South Africa that the world’s audience kept complaining about. John Crum, Apache’s
Co-Chief Operating
Officer and President of
North America, reported

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Looks like my weekend will be used up looking more into this fracking issue. I will check out your link.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Here is a CTV news interview with the director David York of Wiebo's War and his brief description of the documentary.

Here is the trailer for the documentary

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by brice

I can't watch video here at work but will watch in the morning. I thought this thread would be a little more active than this, must be too many reality shows on tv I guess

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DaarkSyde2012

I've looked all over the net for the full documentary but could not find it. Some where there is the hollywood movie version called "Burn, the .............story". I'll look to see if I can find it.
brice

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I have found the name of the Hollywood version of the story. It is called, Burn: the robert Wraight story.
Here is a forward to the trailer.

www.cinemarx.ro...

Sorry nothing on youtube.
brice

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
The fracking issue is heating up once again as protests in Halifax over the weekend are starting to get a little more media attention. There was a story on CTV this morning, over 100 people are taking the issue to the streets. I couldn't find today's story on their site but there is one from last week. Here is another link to a story from Jan. 8th of this year.

www.ctv.ca...

This is an issue I am taking personally now, I wish I could be there to protest with them, heading down this summer for a holiday may stop by. In the mean time I will try my best by proxy.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Not to be a pessimist in any way, but the Atlantic provinces are the poorest (except NFLD) of the country with the highest in unemployment, not to mention that Irving owns New Brunswick.

Keeping that in mind, TPTB will push this through to make money regardless of the environmental consequences, and if the Irving's want it, well it will happen....

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Jerisa

I hear ya, this greed and corruption is making me sick, there must be ways we can wake the people up to help put an end to travesties like this

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Jerisa

Hi Jerisa,
Who are the Irvings? How do they own New Brunswick and how did they get it, and most of all how do I get one?
Never heard of the Irvings, please fill us in with some details according to your knowledge!
Thanks,
brice
edit on 15-1-2012 by brice because: space between words

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by brice

I'm not sure, but I think she meant "Irving" the oil company.

www.irvingoil.com...

I never knew they owned any land as the crown owns it, but maybe they sold the rights to Irving.

It would be completely illegal for them to own the land but our government are corrupt as can be so they might as well just sell our land to the corporations.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Yes, the family/company. If you do any research on them you will see that they also have a woodmill/forestry division.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join