It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AMAZING: Time Lapse Video Of 30-Story Building Built In 15 Days!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

The Chinese sustainable building company, Broad Group, has yet attempted another impossible feat, building a 30-story tall hotel prototype in 360 hours, after building a 15-story building in a week earlier in 2011.

I honestly didn't realize it was possible to construct something of this magnitude in a few months, left alone 15 days (360 hours)! The actual time lapse portion starts around 1:20 if you want to skip forward. There is literally no room for error in this process, so these people have it down to a science. Breath taking engineering precision!

edit on 7-1-2012 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Work ethic.

I remember when Americans had it. (just kidding, I'm not that old)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Wicked post. Thanks for the video.
I love time lapse videos because of its quickness yet the vision of impossibility when some buildings are built really quick.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Thats a very cool video, but if these buildings are built ANYWHERE NEAR the quality of Chinese made products, I wouldnt go ANYWHERE NEAR that building.

Judging from the quality of Chinese made products that I have seen, I would bet that the building would fall over during the first heavy rainfall they get there ...

edit on 7-1-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
This is awesome. To build something that large in such a short amount of time. My question is will it stand against the elements like a building would that took longer to build?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Fopicon

Know that show Extreme Makeover: Home Edition? They built houses in a week. Just houses. Years later, they're falling down.

Though I did hear that was because they didn't let the foundation settle properly, but in this video it looks like the foundation was already laid.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fopicon
This is awesome. To build something that large in such a short amount of time. My question is will it stand against the elements like a building would that took longer to build?

The fact they have it down to such a science makes me believe it has an expected lifetime. I'm sure they have taken this into account...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

I've actually not heard of that show but to not let the foundation settle properly would cause a lot of problems later on.

reply to post by v1rtu0s0

I'm sure they have taken it into account. You would just think something had to be overlooked in that short amount of time.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adyta
Work ethic.

I remember when Americans had it. (just kidding, I'm not that old)

Actually, it has all to do with modularization and prefabrication. This is becoming quite popular around the world by large infrastructure contractors. Especially where some jobs require intensive engineering.

Technically, the building was put up in a couple weeks. But plenty of time went into making this happen.

Still a great feat however...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
Thats a very cool video, but if these buildings are built ANYWHERE NEAR the quality of Chinese made products, I wouldnt go ANYWHERE NEAR that building.

Judging from the quality of Chinese made products that I have seen, I would bet that the building would fall over during the first heavy rainfall they get there ...

That's an ignorant statement. While there are numerous substandard products being exported from China, that says absolutely nothing about their building engineers or the quality of their work.

There have been instances of corrupt companies selling either faulty materials or construction companies not meeting standards as well. However, there are also circumstances of this in the US. To paint everyone with one brush is not fair.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Ahhh I see, they put up a 30 story trailer home in the alotted time.
Modular pieces, slapped together with reckless abandon screams motor home to me anyway.
I'd be a bit worried about living in a 30 story building where time was the major concern.
This may stand for decades, but I wouldn't risk it.
Too bad we don't build anything in the US, seems wrong feeling jealous of the Chinese.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors

That's not actually true. People have been using modular building methods for decades. There are hotels all over the world made from stacked shipping containers.

The modular building method is extremely fast and extremely stable. This took days to build, but those modules took longer. If they were timing from the first construction of the first module rather than just from the construction of the combined modules then we'd probably be looking at a few months of construction time.

All we're seeing here is the development of new construction methods, creating smaller blocks on the ground and then raising them into place. It actually makes sense, and considering kids have been building with LEGO bricks for so long it's actually really surprising that it's taken so long to start using this construction method in the construction industry.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Interesting... Out of curiosity how does the safety work itself out?

Good? bad? so so?

Its all prefab so my concern would be the base.

As a side note we are apparently comeing closer to being able to actually build Rome in a day.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
As someone who has worked in construction, I've gotta say that this is an awesome video.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Fopicon

that is cheating.

it was pre-assambled in the factory then simply stuck together.

any half wit can do that....

top topics

join