It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Lights in Tottenham (Falling Lights In Sky)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Those 3 lights are flood lights for astroturf football pitches, they are the same i play under on a weeknight

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
They're not meteors.

They streak fast through the sky in a straight line.

Not what we're seeing in the OP...

whatever they are.. there was definitely a meteor shower that night.. I saw many with my own eyes.

This is a thread someone made that night..
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Although have to admit i didnt see any slow ones like in the video.. they were pretty fast and some were white ones that looked similar to the video.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
looks like CGI to me.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing, with a star and flag! Very well presented!

I'm somewhat puzzled as to what it might be. My initial reaction was not a meteor shower, due to the apparent shift in movement. It seems it's changing its initial direction to a fixed position or landmark, I don't think meteors are capable of this at all. I'm inclined to say CGI, despite of sounding somewhat clichè.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Droogie
Thanks for sharing, with a star and flag! Very well presented!

I'm somewhat puzzled as to what it might be. My initial reaction was not a meteor shower, due to the apparent shift in movement. It seems it's changing its initial direction to a fixed position or landmark, I don't think meteors are capable of this at all. I'm inclined to say CGI, despite of sounding somewhat clichè.

I'm inclined to agree, especially with Human_Alien's observation of reflection. However, I figured I would post it just to give it the benefit of the doubt.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

In contrary to his previous threads he's seemingly very critical and astute in his observations, hope it lasts. Yes, after several viewings, the effect in the YT video seems to take advantage of reflections. And the screen seems to be separated into two parts 'mirroring' each other, the one excluding the effects but keeping the background, and vice versa.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Reminds me of an old Atari game Missile Command.

As for the triangle shaped thing in the air, maybe a small plane or the UFO that delivered the payload of missiles, but I think we would have heard about that.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Regardless of whether that was a meteor shower, CGI, or something else entirely I thought it was really, really beautiful.

I can't imagine meteors looking like that but who knows?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Cool Video! Thanks for the post, the UFO "triangle" object looks like the light posts that they were passing from behind, that one seems perpendicular to the train. The shooting star type objects seem like a metor possibly breaking up, but notice how they kind of shange direction a bit.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

The person filming is not the girl who stands up - I think that girl is another passenger or friend and that person is reflected in the glass and then comes to look at what the other girl is filming out the window.

If you look at andafterall's videos of herself, she looks nothing like the girl in the video. andafterall's youtube profile doesn't suggest anything to do with ufology at all.

Those 'triangular' UFOs are definitely large lamps - she is passing through an industrial area (if she genuinely is approaching Tottenham Hale).

Interesting that is was the same night as the Geminides meteor shower, but they don't look much like meteors. Fireworks maybe? I have seen some this year which look similar. Could also be After Effects - but nicely faked, if so.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by yampa

The girl, who looks to be seated, is behind the camera. Therefore, whatever this is, is likely on the window BEHIND the camera, which is reflecting in the foreground/window. It's definitely not outside.

What I find a bit odd (now that I'm looking at this again) is, although we can see the girls reflection, we can't see any reflection from where the camera sits (which is likely to belong to the girl, as she gets up to turn it off) I mean there should be a reflection there too. But there's not. In fact, it looks fairly dark, So I am starting to think this is CGI'd.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Looks a bit like this TV advert for British Telecom:

www.youtube.com...

Sorry, cant seem to get the youtube link right..

Certainly looks like the slow falling stars in the advert laid over the train picture film to me. This is one of a series of BT adverts that feature a similar effect.

edit on 8-1-2012 by 42dragonfly because: edit for youtube URL

edit on 8-1-2012 by 42dragonfly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Not sure what they are but its interesting that they all seem to be moving toward one specific point..

Some of them even change direction...but they all head toward a central point like they are being pulled in...

The only thing i would add is that if this did take place in Tottenham there would be a lot more videos of this..im not far from there myself and i know its full of people who wouldn't hesitate at a moments glory!

BTW isnt that where the london riots kickek off?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by 42dragonfly

Bad link. Can you embed and try again? Thanks!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Looks like CGI to me, I have never seen asteroids fall like this and so many at once. Hoax bin for sure.

link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Still cant get the proper youtube link right but I've edited my post with just the link.

link   

Originally posted by 42dragonfly
Looks a bit like this TV advert for British Telecom:

www.youtube.com...

Excellent work Sherlock!

Case solved.
Thanks 42dragonfly!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
No way this could be Geminid meteor shower.
- Geminids are faster
- There were 120–160 meteors per hour under optimal conditions in past years, seeing these in a big city as Tottenham is can't be "under optimal conditions", the sky must have been crystal clear for this.
- Geminids can't produce such a shower in a "small" sky area
- The streaks are not as straight as "real" Geminids.
- The meteors in Geminids shower appear to come from a radiant; in this video, they instead seemed to come from different sky locations and to go to a ground radiant.

Here's what a Geminids "shower" looks like:

Infos, guide, videos about Geminids shower here

Edit: 42dragonfly's video link fixed:

edit on 8-1-2012 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
reply to post by yampa

The girl, who looks to be seated, is behind the camera. Therefore, whatever this is, is likely on the window BEHIND the camera, which is reflecting in the foreground/window. It's definitely not outside.

What I find a bit odd (now that I'm looking at this again) is, although we can see the girls reflection, we can't see any reflection from where the camera sits (which is likely to belong to the girl, as she gets up to turn it off) I mean there should be a reflection there too. But there's not. In fact, it looks fairly dark, So I am starting to think this is CGI'd.

Um, what? These people are on a train. One is filming directly out a window. This window is reflecting a passenger on a seat on the opposite side of the train. There is no other interpretation.

The other passenger is interested enough in what the first is filming (her eyes look fixed out the window once her attention is drawn) to get up and have a look herself. This is presumably because she can also see the huge feathered lights proceeding towards the ground in an unusual fashion (or is pretending to).

The CGI in this video is better than that terrible BT advert.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
CGI, it glitches, and they all are heading for a central location.
This guy was the only one who saw this?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join