It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Lights in Tottenham (Falling Lights In Sky)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

It looks pretty good to me. Even the woman in the reflection got up to have a look as they passed out of view. Very interesting indeed.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Well whatever it was it cant have been anything major. Falling on a densley populated major part of a huge city, something would have came out other than one video.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Idonthaveabeard
Well whatever it was it cant have been anything major. Falling on a densley populated major part of a huge city, something would have came out other than one video.

Have you looked for one?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by yampa

Um, what? These people are on a train. One is filming directly out a window. This window is reflecting a passenger on a seat on the opposite side of the train. There is no other interpretation.

The other passenger is interested enough in what the first is filming (her eyes look fixed out the window once her attention is drawn) to get up and have a look herself. This is presumably because she can also see the huge feathered lights proceeding towards the ground in an unusual fashion (or is pretending to).

The CGI in this video is better than that terrible BT advert.

WOW. You are so wrong. Think about what you're saying.

Let's say someone has their camera filming directly through the window (like this) only they captured an elephant.

How in the WORLD would the elephant (that's outside in FRONT) reflect on the face of a passenger behind the window? It's virtually impossible.

These 'lights' (that were supposedly outside in 'front') impede the girls face. How can that happen??????? The lights can NOT be outside in 'front'. They have to be behind the camera or it's CGI'd.

What is so hard to understand about this concept?
edit on 8-1-2012 by Human_Alien because: correction

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Let's say someone has their camera filming directly through the window (like this) only they captured an elephant.

How in the WORLD would the elephant (that's outside in FRONT) reflect on the face of a passenger behind the window? It's virtually impossible.

These 'lights' (that were supposedly outside in 'front') impede the girls face. How can that happen??????? The lights can NOT be outside in 'front'. They have to be behind the camera or it's CGI'd.

Are you drunk? I see this same optical phenomena of partial reflection/refraction every time I take a train journey at night.

You have no idea if it's CGI overlayed or genuinely outside the window based simply on saying 'it's on the girls face!' - saying that proves nothing either way. In fact, you weren't even able to tell if these two people were separate or not..

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

You seem confused or you are confusing me. The girl is seen as a reflection on the glass. The glass is transparent so bright external objects are visible through her giving the appearance they are on top, or in front. You should have noticed that all the street lights are "on top" of her - pause at 0.04 to see. Does this mean they were CGId, too?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Idonthaveabeard

Flashes in Sky with No Thunder over london dec.14.11

"White Flashes in Sky over the city london uk with No Thunder, also there is something that flys by, it could be sat or something else."

@THEStarSeedsGATE does look much more like someone who'd fake something, though.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
This one has nothing to do with the original post, and it's also a video uploaded by someone looking like a diehard ufo type. But here we see another UFO video from Croydon, London, during the day on the same date of 14/12/11:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

looks as if it may be a reflection off the window?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I think you'll find that the girl passenger face that you see is a reflection in the glass. The camera is pointiing out the window from inside the train (obviously) and filming whatever it is. Because the train carriage is brighter inside, the light is reflecting off the inside window showing the person in another aisle opposite the person filming.

The lights outside are infact brighter than the lights inside the carriage being reflected, so they shine through the reflection.

As for the dark patch, that is where the passenger who is filming is sitting. She's blocking the light of the carriage in that particular section of the window, hence no reflection.

Get it?

As for the video, I can't make out what it's supposed to be, but like others have said, this happening in this part of London would have been seen by lots of people.

edit on 8-1-2012 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
What is that object floating next to them toward the end?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Rathyas

It's claimed to have been a stadium light. However, if you view the video in full screen, the lights seem to slowly separate.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmatuerSkyWatcher

As for the video, I can't make out what it's supposed to be, but like others have said, this happening in this part of London would have been seen by lots of people.

What do you mean, 'supposed to be'? It looks a multiple asteroid breaking up, but at unusually low level and directed towards a point from a roughly 120 degree arc. It could be some huge chunk of ice, a few bits of which almost made it to earth? Something rare. It looks a lot like this, but towards a point:

It is not possible to say exactly where the train is - but if this is near Tottenham Hale, then this is one of the largest outdoor/countryside places in the city. The Lee Valley is 10+ miles long and several miles wide in places. It has lakes, reservoirs etc. It's mostly either industry or countryside - few housing blocks. So if this happened in London, this is probably the least likely place for people to notice it.

I also showed a video up ^ which has a footage from the same date shown in the OPs video. This video, also shot in London, clearly shows the sky being lit up by bright flashes close to the ground. If the dates genuinely match - is that not supporting evidence?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Being a Jolly old Brit, I'd lean towards this being fake. I'm basing that on a big assumption though. So plenty of scope to be totally wrong.

My assumption is that us Brits are defenders of the right for personal space. I don't think a stranger would cross a train and stand so close to whoever is filming. Unless they desperately wanted a piggy back or something

I think the woman was with whoever was filming it and it was scripted for her to come across and look out the window and the streaks are CG. People make short films with friends all the time.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Immediately I thought they looked like military flares falling like the picture here ;

www.foxnews.com....

(Article just happens to be debunking phoenix lights as flares, I'm not going along with the article, just the picture)

Although in the stills they do look to be infront of the womans face as pointed out, unless they are a reflection on that particular window from the other side of the train? .....so I'm not sure. If you were going to do CGI, why make something that looked like smoky flares falling instead of orbs that zipped about in the sky?

edit on 9-1-2012 by DrHammondStoat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

Maybe you'd do it if you were learning how to make smoky flares in 3D ?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

These are a reflection from behind the person.
Lets not make this into something that will make us look silly.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by HumanoidX

These are a reflection from behind the person.
Lets not make this into something that will make us look silly.

And what do you think is being reflected to create a pattern of lights like that? Surely it would still be a very unusual reflection? And the other video I posted from the same day, same area, which shows unexplained flashes on the horizon?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join