It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Lights in Tottenham (Falling Lights In Sky)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
This was linked to me by a user in the chat. Regardless of it being real or not it looks very interesting.

The video claims to take place from the Tottenham Hale station in North London, England.

Coordinates:
51° 35′ 18″ N, 0° 3′ 35″ W
51.588333, -0.059722

Kind of looks like some form of meteor shower but they are falling very slowly and softly and look as if they are burning off heavily.

Personally, I'm a bet skeptical and would say that it could be edited. A comment on the video suggests that possibility as well. The video is a bit old (December 14th, 2011) but I figure the ATS community would enjoy seeing it.

What do you guys think? Is it some meteorological event that I am un-aware of? A form of shooting stars? Aliens!? Or do you believe it is simply edited using software?

Also, as me and somebody else were joking about, Death Eaters!
edit on 7-1-2012 by ErroneousDylan because: (no reason given)

***SEE THIS POST FOR POSSIBLE EXPLANATION***

edit on January 7th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
That is super cool. However we would have heard something by now I'm guessing if it was something crazy. I'm sure it's fake, but it looks awesome!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I especially appreciated the 3-point triangular UFO.
Helped to finish the mood!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
dunno seems up an up, its obvious the glare is there and the window does show the passanger so its not as if anything is trying to be hidden. Then again im no expert just saying what is obvious.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Pay attention to the entire video, the "3-point ufo" shows up a few times, as what my guess are just passing street lights.

As to what this is, almost seems like a satellite or some space object breaking up and falling to earth. Exactly what object it is however....

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Nice lighting effect sure , but it isn't for this forum . File 13 for sure .

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Geminides meteor shower was here on dec 14th

Lovers of the night sky could be in for a treat tomorrow night as clear conditions are predicted for one of the best astronomical shows of the year.

At its peak and in a clear, dark sky, up to 100 meteors – or shooting stars – may be seen every hour.

www.guardian.co.uk...
edit on 7/1/12 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
How about this?

Dec. 13, 2011: The 2011 Geminid meteor shower peaks on the night of Dec. 13-14, and despite the glare of a nearly-full Moon, it might be a good show.

"Observers with clear skies could see as many as 40 Geminids per hour," predicts Bill Cooke of the NASA Meteoroid Environment Office. "Our all-sky network of meteor cameras has captured several early Geminid fireballs. They were so bright, we could see them despite the moonlight."

Source

The dates seem to match and the tags on the video too.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

Can you get a link to that.....if so, we may be able to consider this......solved.

Nevermind....^^ above.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Originally posted by Misterlondon

Can you get a link to that.....if so, we may be able to consider this......solved.

Nevermind....^^ above.

Link added.. looks like casandra beat me to it..

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I haven't seen a meteor shower such as that. Usually whenever I see a shower they are quick, thin, zips across the sky. These seem to fall so majestically. However, I wouldn't chock those articles up to merely coincidence.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Casandra
How about this?

Dec. 13, 2011: The 2011 Geminid meteor shower peaks on the night of Dec. 13-14, and despite the glare of a nearly-full Moon, it might be a good show.

"Observers with clear skies could see as many as 40 Geminids per hour," predicts Bill Cooke of the NASA Meteoroid Environment Office. "Our all-sky network of meteor cameras has captured several early Geminid fireballs. They were so bright, we could see them despite the moonlight."

Source

The dates seem to match and the tags on the video too.

Oh hey thanks...nice..didn't know about that...but they sure look big, i mean did they end up impacting ?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
They're not meteors.

They streak fast through the sky in a straight line.

Not what we're seeing in the OP...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Although, as I stated, I am skeptical to the validity of this video, they certainly look more like slow-falling debris than meteors.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Awesome video!

Reminds me of something from a movie...missile attack...except nothing was attacked in this case.

I imagine this is what it would look like though!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
It's definitely no meteor shower, I'm at a loss what it could be though.........

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
so funny..i lived in Tottenham for years ..for one if they were meteorite's they were traveling far to slow.. 2nd, it is such a huge built up area ..thousands if not millions would of seen the event.. 3rd, it would of reached every UK media outlet and would have thousands of different vids on YouTube right now

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
If you watch the video in full screen you can tell that some of the lights that look odd (like the supposed "3-point UFO") are actually reflections from the other side of the trolley. However, I did notice that some of those lights (the UFO included) seem to break apart slightly. As if a tiny explosion.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
That looks amazing!

But it doesn't look like any meteor shower I have ever seen. I've been trying to see if I could spot anything suspicious about it. Only thing that came to mind is that when the train or camera is shaking up and down, the landscape seems to move along with it, but the 'meteors' do not, which could imply that they were just special effects. But it is merely a thought. It is hard to tell.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Are you people for real?
It's NOT a meteor shower for the love of gawd!

First, the streaks are either from the reflection behind this person or they're CGI'd. This is because they appear in FRONT of the girls face (who is sitting behind the camera-person)

Something happening outside in FRONT would NOT cause this effect BEHIND.

Second, the UFO is a little over the top unless that was just a lamppost and innocent to the 'hoax'.

Please toss this in the hoax bin.

edit on 7-1-2012 by Human_Alien because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join