It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Facial Hair Have Special Powers?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Genius

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
This epic thread may interest you - The Truth about Hair. Obviously it mainly talks about head hair but there's no reason facial hair could not be included.

At nearly 29 I only shave my face once every 9 days and my mo area once every 3 days, so I hope the powers aren't too special.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Here is the part about the facial hair from THE TRUTH ABOUT HAIR:

The mammalian body has evolved over millions of years. Survival skills of human and animal at times seem almost supernatural. Science is constantly coming up with more discoveries about the amazing abilities of man and animal to survive. Each part of the body has highly sensitive work to perform for the survival and well being of the body as a whole.The body has a reason for every part of itself.

Hair is an extension of the nervous system, it can be correctly seen as exteriorized nerves, a type of highly evolved 'feelers' or 'antennae' that transmit vast amounts of important information to the brain stem, the limbic system, and the neocortex.

Not only does hair in people, including facial hair in men, provide an information highway reaching the brain, hair also emits energy, the electromagnetic energy emitted by the brain into the outer environment. This has been seen in Kirlian photography when a person is photographed with long hair and then rephotographed after the hair is cut.

When hair is cut, receiving and sending transmissions to and from the environment are greatly hampered. This results in numbing-out .

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

How old are you? Once in your entire life?

This does not compute with me unless you are 14?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by unknown known

Actually I am 19. My personal and religious beliefs influence me toward not shaving (although I can if it is necessary).

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Personally, I like a beardly man. It just looks more natural to me.

Well, a full beard looks nice.

Neck beards and whatever those "I'm a badass and show it by growing a scraggly six inch thing of hair from my chin but continue to shave my mustache, YRAAA!" things are called are just weird looking.

I totally agree with the poster that stated that female facial hair has the Super Power of repelling males. Honestly, I could have used a nice, long and silky mustache during my adolescence. I wouldn't have had to deal with nasty old men ogling me and whistling at me and random men who I'd never even seen before asking me for dates or "digits".

edit on 1/7/2012 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Beard superpowers? HELL yea. my beard has been to battle with the best of them including chucknorris
(we agreed to a mutual stalemate)

the list of powers...
1 warmth
2 survival - can be used as rope for repelling in certain bug out situations.
3 sniper - when zeroing in on a target the beard is best for gauging wind direction and speed.
4 the ladies love to stroke a long beard
5 Grizzly Effing adams
6 Camo helps you blend into surroundings and hide your face
7 facial recognition software Glitches out beard does not compute.
8 food survival the beard always has some leftovers to get you through the night
9 fear a good beard will strike fear in the hearts of your enemies

10 saving endangered species!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by tinfoilsrule

It's funny the regulations the Bible puts on things.

Think of it this way, what do you do with an infant or young child: don't touch the hot stove, don't cross the street without me, don't put a knife in the socket (and how many times when you were young did you say "These rules make no sense" or "When I'm an adult...") Then as the child ages the rules become "be home by 10," "fill up the tank after you use the car," "practice safe sex." Then as the child reaches adulthood you back off even more. You have less and less rules and hope that what you taught them sticks and they grow into a good person, but you are still there for the inevitable call at 3 in the morning where they say "I screwed up..." or "I need help"

Anyway, I was reading one of those free weekly info papers that restaurants have and one of the Did You Know things said that Alexander the Great couldn't grow a decent beard or thought it was good so he would shave all his "peach fuzz" with his knife and his men didn't want to be disrespectful or seem like they were "making fun of" him so they did too and the tradition was born. Go figure.

And it was kind of weird how I just got done reading a thread on facial hair and then I read an article about facial hair.

Life is strange at times.
edit on 8-1-2012 by tinfoilsrule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by knightsofcydonia
the cia recruited some native americans for stealth missions. they were master hunters and had long pony tails, I read something way back saying that once they were recruited and hair was cut they no longer possessed extra sensory perception like being able to sense danger or threats well in advance. they came to the conclusion that their hair was an extension of the nervous system somehow. interesting stuff you should check out the thread about it.

Here's the thread for any one who's interested, definitely worth a read.
You learn something new every day.
The Truth About Hair

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TBR47

lol why is it not possible to flag your post...haha

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Does Facial Hair Have Special Powers

YES .... On a woman it's natural birth control. (no one wants a woman with facial hair).

On a man, it's a sign of male maturity and is attractive to women (at least according to evolutionary psychology).

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
always remember going to a pub in york (uk) where it was listed as a place where the average clientle had "a beard you could hide a badger in" and it was some good beer that could put beard hairs on you just by being near the pumps

and the missus does love to stroke the 'badgers' so if it keeps her happy then i'm afraid gillete is losing money on me

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by tinfoilsrule

Just had to let you know...Love your avi...you look like a giant hershey's kiss

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Hey Solar

happy new yrs my friend
1 yrs to go

never had much facial hair and im 30 lol
my brother have more then me ahah
im between brown and blond (chatain) dont know the word in english
i just hate when it become to long now i shave it once a week
i have try with a mini beard when i was more younger but never a mustache

for now i prefer to be clean ..they are quite annoying
we dont have the same hair cats does in the end of their nose
they do not extend the body like the thong of a snake to feel the surrounding
imagine in our past .. our encestors were like the bigfoot .. with a lot of hair
now look most men start to loose their hair at 20 (im starting)
imagine our futur .. we will be looking like aliens soft skin with no hair

i dont believe human hair have some sort of a power on us
but we never know ..we have all different habilities ..

There is a legend of the Samson long hair
if you were to cut them .. Samson would loose it forces
there is always some truth in a legend
so we never know

how old are you again ?
some start very young . they can have a heavy beard
and others start more older and have less
edit on 1/8/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Does Facial Hair Have Special Powers

YES .... On a woman it's natural birth control. (no one wants a woman with facial hair).

On a man, it's a sign of male maturity and is attractive to women (at least according to evolutionary psychology).

in the past yes .. but now look how the psycology of woman is
its like men ..

nobody wants hairs anymore
wonder why there is so many compagnies who came to life
just to remove them from all over the body ..
and everybody today shave themseilf more then once a week
especially the ladies

woman with hair (exception the head) .. i dont know but NOT my fetish

clearly one day .. the womens will come first to have a body without hairs
how close is that futur you think ?
100 years 1000 yrs ??
it will be less then 1000 yrs thats for sure

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

There is a legend of the Samson long hair if you were to cut them .. Samson would loose it forces there is always some truth in a legend so we never know

The hairs are an extension of the nerves, so it's logical.
Even Santa Claus is depicted with a long beard, how else would he know who's naughty and who's nice? (jokes).
What I'm trying to say is that all wise men have beards.
By this logic I'm not wise as I shave mine. But there you go.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

At my age i have more hiar growing from my ears than my head and i do not hear any better.But i do feel smarter.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

This epic thread may interest you - The Truth about Hair.

and if that isn't enough, there is this: The effects of facial hair manipulation on female perceptions of attractiveness, masculinity, and dominance in male faces

Abstract

The aim of this study was to examine the effects of systematic alterations in male facial hair on female perceptions. A within-subjects design employed one condition (facial hair) incorporating five levels (clean-shaven, light stubble, heavy stubble, light beard and full beard). All levels were applied to three different facial designs, constructed using FACES software. The resulting 15 male faces were rated by 60 females on various attributes. Male faces displaying a full beard were considered the most masculine, aggressive, socially mature, and older. Males with a light beard were considered the most dominant. Males with light stubble were considered to be the most attractive, light stubble was also preferred for both short- and long-term relationships. These findings are discussed in terms of age preferences and good-genes models.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

The only feelings that I get from the hair growing on my upperlip
is pain when I pluck them with tweezers.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thanks, your avi looks so peaceful.

The only superpower I get from facial hair is pain resistance from cutting myself and razor burn and emotional patience from having to cut it everyday. It also helps me be more social. I get tons of "You look like a werewolf" or "Get a cut freak" or "Is your shaver broken" when I don't shave. Any time I try to let it grow out I end up looking like Grizzly Adams or some kind of man-beast. And when I tried to grow out my mustache people said I looked like Hitler. I used to joke to friends that I had a 3, 4, and 5 o'clock shadow. It's like that Seinfeld episode where he shaved his chest and the hair came back thicker.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join