It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Facial Hair Have Special Powers?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I am getting older, more mature. I am finally able to grow some real facial hair. Not so much on the beard yet, but my mustache is looking quite sophisticated.

It is very strange. Ever since this manly stache appeared, I have felt somehow wiser, more refined. I can feel it right now. It's presence is known both to me and the world.

I feel like they are almost like whiskers, picking up the subtle vibrations around me, clueing me into my surroundings.

Anyone else feel the same way?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

My girl likes it when I don't shave for 3 days? Not 1 or 2 but 3?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

LoL nope I see stupid people every day with facial hair........

Seems to me you are simply growing up..............keep in mind that age isnt indicative of wisdom, neither is ones numerically tallied years any indication of maturity.......

Only experience and the relentless pursuit of knowledge can give you both

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

somehow wiser, more refined

not sure if it was your intention but it did make me laugh..

im usually clean shaven or have stubble.. Never tried to grow a tach but with a beard i just look a scruffy b*****d

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I know what you mean, almost like you're more aware of things right? It could be part of getting older, with age comes wisdom usually, but I know what you mean and also feel the need to grow out my facial hair, I like stroking it when I'm playing an intense game of chess, it comes natural to do so. To bad my job makes me stay clean shaven. Interesting though because Samson from the Bible, his power came from his head hair being long.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
my facial hair pisses me off once it grows so much it starts itching like mad i think i am allergic to my own facial hair lol

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Have to agree with you on this one. With age comes wisdom and knowledge.Put faith in your gut, take no crap from anyone, and be the best that you can be.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Facial hair with powers? The only power I know that it has is that it turns a good character into an evil character. For instance in Star Trek normal Spock has no beard and is a good guy. Evil Spock from a parallel reality has a beard. Generally folks with beards and facial hair are seen as more untrustworthy, would a word like molestache exist otherwise?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Great Post!

I actually got less intelligent when I got to that stage in life. Luckily I have made a partial recovery as I have aged!
So I assume you just got the magical facial hair, and the rest of us got the regular stuff.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Lots of jobs require a clean shaven face. A clean shaven face looks raped and like a drag queen/feminine.

Stubble just looks better and is more natural. And its easier on the skin than taking a blade to it day after day.

Alot of men are having implants from the back of the head to create thicker staches and beards. Yet lots of jobs still have this clean shave requirements, its sickening.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
It has the mystical power to keep your face slightly warmer than the average Joe during cold weather. It can also be used to grow small icicles in the winter.

It can be used as a left over storage area, but I would not recommend that for more than a couple days.

On a more exotic note, It has the power to hold your wife's or girlfriend's scent for days .

edit on 7-1-2012 by Glargod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
And you do realize we evolved a thickening beard at maturity for a reason? Sexual selection and all that good stuff, Survival of the fittest included a slightly receding hairline and increasingly prominent facial hair as signs of strenght virility and wisdom indeed, evolution-wise.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
the cia recruited some native americans for stealth missions. they were master hunters and had long pony tails, I read something way back saying that once they were recruited and hair was cut they no longer possessed extra sensory perception like being able to sense danger or threats well in advance. they came to the conclusion that their hair was an extension of the nervous system somehow. interesting stuff you should check out the thread about it.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah
Ever since this manly stache appeared, I have felt somehow wiser, more refined. I can feel it right now. It's presence is known both to me and the world.

You are "wiser" because of age not facial hair. If facial hair was the key to being "wise" and "refined" the apes would have us beat.

The younger you are, the more unwise and unrefined you are. Just look at some of the posts on these forums when its summer time and schools out.

edit on 7-1-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
My facial hair has the power to keep the blood in my face circulating, in sub-zero temps.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
So weird I would see something like this come up here but yes I have recently grew a bit more facial hair than I ever have before and it seems to be having a weird overall positive effect.... Well I'm not going to get into details of what made me start noticing this change but it's definitely raised my spirits and that can't be a bad thing. Eventually I'm gonna shave it all off and see if I go into being depressed or something them I'll report back my results lol....
edit on 7-1-2012 by jheated5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I believe what hes recognizing is the facial hair is aethetically and (vibrationally?) harmonious with his maturity experience wisdom and last but not least, masculinity and virility - TESTOSTERONE can be looked at as having "special powers.. of LEVITATION
and all that good stuff in our sex's extended sexual prime/peak

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Strokes his goatee while deep in thought and ponders a reply...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glargod
It has the power to hold your wife'girlfriend's scent for days .

That's disgusting.

Anyway, back on topic. Young men with beards look like idiots. Beards are for old foks! It's something that should only be grown to compensate for a loss of hair elsewhere

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
my beard attracts women, like pheremones!

this is the key to facial hair. it has powers over the ladies...!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join