It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amid tensions, U.S. Navy rescues Iranians from Somali pirates

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
i usually don't do this kind of thing as seeing when I came home from Work
pop up the Google Browser to see what was going on in the News
Not much of a Above Top Secret! tho its Ironic ..

Beyond a Doubt an Irony ! has gone to Far !!

Define Irony

A American Navy destroyer Named USS Kidd Rescues People (15 Iranians ) From a Nation that is causing a Tension Itch like to Bucks that are about to go Antler to Antler With the United States were Rescued
From Somali Pirates!!

Amid tensions, U.S. Navy rescues Iranians from Somali pirates ( with video)
news.yahoo.com...

Just days after Iranian and American military officials traded warnings over a U.S. Navy vessel's departure from the Persian Gulf, the United States Navy has rescued 13 Iranian fishermen and their fishing dhow from Somali pirates in the north Arabian sea, the Pentagon said Friday. And in a side irony that punctuates the rare instance of Iranian-American co-operation, the rescue operation was carried out by a ship belonging to the very U.S. Navy aircraft carrier strike group that Iranian army officials had earlier boasted of evicting from Gulf waters.

A Little History

Who was the Destroyer as named After... ?

Rear Admiral isaac C. Kidd
en.wikipedia.org...

But there was in the Past the First Destroyer to carry Rear Admiral Kidd's Name

USS Kidd (DD-661)
en.wikipedia.org...

Kidd (DD-661) was launched 28 February 1943 by Federal Shipbuilding & Drydock Co., Kearny, NJ; sponsored by Mrs. Isaac C. Kidd, widow of Rear Admiral Kidd, and commissioned 23 April 1943, Commander Allan Roby in command. During her initial cruise to the Brooklyn Naval Shipyards, she sailed across New York Harbor the Jolly Roger on the foremast. Subsequently, during outfitting, her crew adopted the pirate captain William Kidd as their mascot, and commissioned a local artist to paint a pirate figure on the forward smokestack.

A third Naval Ship that has the Last same name like the Historical Known Pirate !Privateer

William Kidd
en.wikipedia.org...

That has rescued Iranians From Pirates!!

Just as famed Pirate William Kid Hunted Pirates Too!!

William Kidd Hunting for pirates
en.wikipedia.org...

IS this a Political Propaganda Stunt !

No it Cant be any other Destroyers with a Different name it had to be USS KIDD!

The Press will eating all this Up!

Well ATS what are your thoughts and Opinions ! on this one ..

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

search is your friend

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Somalia......they have to be kidding......if the world really wanted to get rid of the Semolina pirates.....1-2 frigates and 1 cruiser could do the job.....just sink ALL their vessels and then give them small fishing boats.....

if anyone shoots at you....they are pirates......if they don't...they are fishermen.....so what's the big deal.....I always see news about Semolina pirates.....we really can't rid ourselves of them.....like we don't know where they are ....who they are....or maybe they are too good for our billion dollar fleets......hmmmmmm

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
OFF TOPIC: Does this have anything to do with Obamas secret service practicing racing up & down 1st & Park Avenue? Myself & my co-workers witnessed this and said to each other that something was getting ready to happen. Sure enough, Osama Bin Laden was killed...without proof. I saw it for myself as well as 2 co-workers, the White House practiced their trophy dance at least 7 weeks before the Osama fallacy! WW3 is next!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyeinoz
reply to post by Wolfenz

search is your friend

Not exactly. Search needs a button to show relevancy by sorting most recent hits first.
It takes forever to go through hundreds of search matches that can come up. One page of hits on most recent posts will be enough to tell if a topic has been posted on a dated subject. It would save alot of dups. IMHO

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyeinoz
reply to post by Wolfenz

search is your friend

Well when you think about your history of the famed Pirate & Privateer AKA (Pirate Hunter) Captain KIdd

when you hear about this Destroyer Navy ship with the same last name and do some research about it and find out there where 3 Destroyers were Named USS Kidd and the First one had a Jolly Rodger and a Pirate as a Mascot tho it was Actually named after a Rear Admiral Issac C Kidd that perished at Pearl Harbor
on the Famed Arizona !!

I can Imagine he was Picked on at the At the Academy ! ! !

Rear Admiral Isaac C. Kidd, USN, (1884-1941)
www.history.navy.mil...

Search is Great finding more of the Bizarre as you go deeper!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by newyorkee
Somalia......they have to be kidding......if the world really wanted to get rid of the Semolina pirates.....1-2 frigates and 1 cruiser could do the job.....just sink ALL their vessels and then give them small fishing boats.....

if anyone shoots at you....they are pirates......if they don't...they are fishermen.....so what's the big deal.....I always see news about Semolina pirates.....we really can't rid ourselves of them.....like we don't know where they are ....who they are....or maybe they are too good for our billion dollar fleets......hmmmmmm

Well it wasn't a big deal Until they Rescued Iranians
tho The Military has been Policing the Area for a Big while now !

Destroyer Named USS KIDD + Iranians + Iran Tensions with USA + Somalian Pirates Big News!!

new topics

top topics

join