It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaders Of Iraqi Anglican Church Kidnapped And Killed; Churchs Bombed; Entire Congregations Killed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
by Bob Powell
Exclusive to ATS from the TTIV official blog

During my interview with Syrian Opposition Leader Malik al-Abdeh, portions of which will be posted as part of a brand new The Truth Is Viral this weekend (Now in HD
), we spoke about the demographic makeup of Syria and how it factors into the unrest facing the regime of Bashar al-Assad.

I asked Malik if he thought another Islamist government like those that have sprung up in Tunisia, Egypt, and now Libya, could take over Syria in the aftermath of Assad's ouster. So far, every government overthrown in the so-called "Arab Spring" has been taken over by Islamist or Salafist parties like the Muslim Brotherhood and al-Nour. His response led to this sidebar focusing on the fate of Christians in the newly Islamist regimes in the Middle-East; Iraq, Tunisia, Egypt, Libya, and - God forbid - Syria.

In all of these countries Sharia law is being imposed and Christian communities are under daily attack: Kidnappings, rapes, bombings, and beheadings of Christians are spiraling out of control, with very little attention being paid to the massacres by the MSM.

"In regards to Syria," Malik explained, "I don't think the Muslim Brotherhood will be able to take over the country, or even enjoy particular prominence in Syrian political life. First of all, you have to realize that there is a considerable non-Muslim population in Syria; the Christian minority makes up almost 10 percent of the population. In addition there is a very significant number of non-Sunni Muslim minorities - the Muslim Brotherhood is a Sunni Muslim organization - in Syria, equal to about 13 percent of the population. You also have another nine percent of the population that is Kurdish, so (Syria is) a very diverse and secular country. It is a lot more secular than other countries in the Middle East."

So was Iraq before the U.S. invasion.

Iraq was fairly secular as well under the boot of Saddam Hussein. He wanted absolutely no competition for control of Iraq, especially from Mullahs claiming the authority of the Almighty, so Hussein kept a lid on religious strife - brutally. With Saddam's authoritarian security services out of commission, for a time after the invasion it appeared as though the Iraqi insurgency was going to devolve into a full-scale, three-sided, civil war between the Sunni, Shia, and Kurds - a sectarian religious war - with Christians caught in the middle.

READ MORE ~ www.bobpowell.blogspot.com

WARNING: GRAPHIC IMAGES
edit on 1/6/2012 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Damn man, I clicked on your link just to see a little girl with her head chopped off

I must have missed the warning.

Sad news either way.

Peace.

Oh, I just saw the warning, my bad.
edit on 6-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Hindraker's blog goes on to detail attacks on Christians - just for the month of November, 2011 - in countries throughout the Muslim world: Tunisia, Egypt, Libya, Indonesia, Nigeria, Kenya, Pakistan, Kashmir, Iran, Algeria, and Afghanistan where Afghani Abdul Rahman narrowly escaped execution

Exactly what I have been noticing, where ever the west intervenes the Christians disappear, Afghanistan has no remaining churches.

So what do you see?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
WOW, thanks for bringing this to our attention..

These Christians being murdered are true martyrs!

Takes some balls to stand up for your religion in
those countries.

I MEAN what kind of monsters could do this to people?

These people are monsters...

Wonder how long till now they will be doing this to Christians
in AMERICA 20-30 years??

The images might be graphic but this is the true harsh
and sick reality of fanatical muslims..

Great article and thread!
edit on 6-1-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
Damn man, I clicked on your link just to see a little girl with her head chopped off

I must have missed the warning.

Sad news either way.

Peace.

Oh, I just saw the warning, my bad.
edit on 6-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

Revelations 20

And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I am curious to know how many christians have been murdered in the middle east since the USA started their invasion. With the questionable faith of Obama, I find it interesting. Bush can go to church on the wrong day all he wants to, we all know he is a satanist!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Hindraker's blog goes on to detail attacks on Christians - just for the month of November, 2011 - in countries throughout the Muslim world: Tunisia, Egypt, Libya, Indonesia, Nigeria, Kenya, Pakistan, Kashmir, Iran, Algeria, and Afghanistan where Afghani Abdul Rahman narrowly escaped execution

Exactly what I have been noticing, where ever the west intervenes the Christians disappear, Afghanistan has no remaining churches.

So what do you see?

This is what I wrote:

However it is my belief that TPTB, using the CIA and al-Qaeda terrorists as their muscle, have embarked on a program of sweeping change in the Middle-East. They are setting up a new paradigm, a new source of income for the next 50 years for the Miitary-Industrial-Complex: The Abrahamic Wars.

I think that TPTB are setting up the three great Abrahamic religions - Judaism, Christianity, and Islam - to tear into each other. There is going to be a terrible war in the very near future, and I don't know if you've noticed, but the West does not figure very prominently in End Times prophecy.

Russia (Putin) has been doing a bit of chest thumping of it's own here lately, and they say they absolutely will not stand by in Syria as they in Libya, not with their only warm water port at Tartus on the line. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if there is some type of limited nuclear exchange between the U.S. and Russia, not enough to bring on an "On the Beach" scenario, but possibly enough to have the U.S. sit back and lick it's wounds for a while.

Originally posted by popsmayhem
WOW, thanks for bringing this to our attention..

These Christians being murdered are true martyrs!

Takes some balls to stand up for your religion in
those countries.

I MEAN what kind of monsters could do this to people?

These people are monsters...

Wonder how long till now they will be doing this to Christians
in AMERICA 20-30 years??

The images might be graphic but this is the true harsh
and sick reality of fanatical muslims..

Great article and thread!
edit on 6-1-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

I don't think we'll have to wait 20-30 years to find out. The FEMA camps are up and running, and they aren't there for decoration.

Chanel - Very Classy.

Revelations 20

And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years

I don't think it's a coincidence that these guillotines even exist and the fact that the preferred method of capital punishment in Islam is beheading. I believe that there will be some Christians, even here in the U.S., that will pay for their faith with their lives.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I agree with you OC,

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Look what is happening in Nigeria.

www.npr.org...

Same thing is happening except where are the Americans

Small muslim groups are targeting churches to destabilize there countries.

By doing it this way the governments in these countries take the heat and the groups doing the killings are retaliative safe from being killed in battles

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I wonder if all all those Iraqi christians preferred living under Saddams rule.... because back then, they didn't have to worry about getting their bombed. Funny all this is happening after America reshaped Iraq....after America took out Saddams regime in their war against evil islamic terrorists who hate America because Americans love freedom.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

I wonder if all all those Iraqi christians preferred living under Saddams rule

Interesting observation, now that wee see the persecution of the Coptic Christians in Egypt since the overthrow of Mubarak.

See a pattern ?

In Egypt, following the forced resignation of former president Hosni Mubarak, numerous Muslim leaders and aspiring politicians began openly calling for restrictions to be imposed on Coptic Christians (and Jews), including no further construction of churches or repairing already existing churches. Several churches have been attacked, as well as businesses and homes belonging to Christians. Many Muslim clergy have called for Christians to be given a lower status than Muslims in accordance with the Koran, the Muslim holy book.

www.ottawacitizen.com...

www.vancouversun.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I recall one of my sources back in the days of the first Gulf War saying that every Christian Church in Iraq had been bombed by coalition forces, including the Cathedral in Baghdad which dated to the first century. These wars are against God, Christ, and Christians, and Amerikans are being used to fight it.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Might be a good excuse for the USA to start another war...

Save our fellow Christians...

This is going to be an interesting year

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

there soon will be few left

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

the first Gulf War saying that every Christian Church in Iraq had been bombed by coalition forces,

Interesting, have any sources?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

there soon will be few left

We can only hope

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
So this is the mad dash by Iraqi Muslims to wipe the slate clean of any remaining Christian footprint on the history of Iraq? Why am I not surprised? This should be of no surprise to anyone, and this is not even the grand finale. We are gonna see everyone committing violence and murder. Kurds and Iraqis, Sunni and Shia, and all the other groups and religions tearing each other apart with death squads, bombings, and mass casualty events.

With time, the Iraqi Government will fall apart and in walks another strong-man to keep the peace with their own morbid monopoly of violence. The broken record that is Iraq will continue playing as it has throughout its long and often bloody history. The US government and military mission will turn out to be nothing but a mere footnote in the history of Iraq. It is too bad, because I do believe the normal everyday people want nothing more than to support their families, worship in whichever fashion they like, and to have a say in government.

Unfortunately, their tribal leaders, religious zealots, and members of government have other plans and aspirations? It took them almost a year to form a government after their most recent election, and the politicians just sat back as the country unraveled around them. That is just one example of their so-called leader's stellar leadership in the midst of adversity, and I am fairly certain there are quite a few other examples as well. I have a feeling the Iraqi Christians will have to leave like the Iraqi Jews had to do years ago. There are just too few of them and they have limited representation in the Iraqi Parliament. It is a tough time for anyone living in Iraq at the moment, and across the varied ethnic, religious, and cultural spectrum.
edit on 7-1-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Great article!!!

The islam-christian-jewish fight reminded me of Oceania-Eastasia-Eurasia in the book "1984".

I find the similarities frightening.

-beez (Winston Smith)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Hi, I'm just wondering if your new episode is coming out today. I have been wanting to see this interview with the Syrian opposition for a while now. You have us begging for it now

Peace.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

The Iraq War was a travesty from conception to conclusion; a war crime really, perpetrated by Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, and George Bush. If I were emperor of the world I'd throw them under the dungeon while proof of their crimes was collected, then I'd open that evidence to the world. I think once (if) ordinary people grasped how evil these men are, and learned about the terrible crimes they have committed, a trial for treason would be the least of their worries.

Our leaders totally F'd up Iraq. I'm sure that things were better under Saddam than they have been for the last ten years under a weak government that can't stop internecine violence.

reply to post by beezzer

Thanks beez, glad you liked it. A lot of things are looking like 1984 these days. Think Orwell was a time traveler?

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by OldCorp

Hi, I'm just wondering if your new episode is coming out today. I have been wanting to see this interview with the Syrian opposition for a while now. You have us begging for it now

Peace.

God I hope so. My video editor told me yesterday that it was done and all I have to do is approve the final version. He is on the West Coast so it's only 8:30 on a Sunday morning there; but I'm hoping he will come online in the next couple of hours so we can go over it together - all 30 minutes of it (in two episodes). I am expecting it to be released sometime today. Keep your fingers crossed.

The actual interview with Malik ran 45 minutes, and I got a lot of relevant info and personal insights from him. He even helped me understand the Sunni/Shia rivalry that has claimed so many lives; it's messed up, but at least I understand it better. I will be using excerpts from the interview over the next couple of shows, and Malik could become a regular guest in the future, helping us understand what's going on from a Muslim perspective.

I feel like Bernie Shaw in the early days of CNN, forging together a unique new product and tricking out the brand. I just hope that 30 years from now The Above Network - with 24/7 video programming on five channels - won't be a den of liars and corporate whores like CNN. I can't think of a single person left at CNN with any integrity; hell even Anderson Cooper used to "intern" for the CIA.

Getting this show started is all very exciting to tell you the truth. I've been giving SkepticOverlord and Springer massive migraines over the past couple of weeks - sorry guys
- but they've kept true to their word and are leaving the editorial content to my sole discretion as long as it falls within the T&C of ATS. Please remember that I'm not an employee of ATS, but a poster like yourselves. I just post videos.

Of course, I could go on for an hour a day or more, but for several understandable reasons I'm currently limited to roughly 15 minutes an episode; and I'm grateful to have that. TTIV is really in the embryonic stages of development as a news product. It's going to take time (hopefully not a lot) to build up a viewer base and get the word out that there's a new sheriff in town: And he doesn't play around. I have a lot of hope for the future of the show, and ATS has shown a great deal of faith in me as well by providing me with this soapbox.

In return all I can do is promise them, and you, that I will never lie on my show; not even by omission. I will use TTIV to bring you news that is normally twisted, ignored, or swept under the rug by the MSM. If I have an opinion it will clearly be labeled as such and I will explain why I feel that way; I will never accept money or favors in an effort to influence that opinion. If I state something on the show, my viewers can take it to the bank that I believe it to be the truth, uninfluenced by ANY factor other than my desire to share it with you.
edit on 1/8/2012 by OldCorp because: I'm my own Grammar Nazi.

<<   2 >>

join