It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaders Of Iraqi Anglican Church Kidnapped And Killed; Churchs Bombed; Entire Congregations Killed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Thanks

BTW if you're in EST, PST is only three hours behind, not five.

It's 10:30 on the West Coast, unless he is in Alaska then it's 9:30

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by OldCorp

Thanks

BTW if you're in EST, PST is only three hours behind, not five.

It's 10:30 on the West Coast, unless he is in Alaska then it's 9:30

Really? I could have sworn there was a four hour difference between the East Coast and the Left one. Derp!
Does that change with Daylight Savings Time or something?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

No, daylight savings won't change the number of hours difference. Canada had to adjust once because Bush decided to change it. It would be weird if the timed changed while crossing the border Northward into Canada.

It's tricky enough going east to west or vice versa.

Three hour difference though, unless he's in Alaska, then it's four.

Hawaii is a whole other ball game

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by OldCorp

No, daylight savings won't change the number of hours difference. Canada had to adjust once because Bush decided to change it. It would be weird if the timed changed while crossing the border Northward into Canada.

It's tricky enough going east to west or vice versa.

Three hour difference though, unless he's in Alaska, then it's four.

Hawaii is a whole other ball game

It's days like this, actually to be more accurate in terms of this statement days like a few days ago, when I'm shin deep in snow (soon to be hip deep) that make me miss Hawaii. I was stationed with the 3rd Mar Div at Kaneohe Bay and I just loved the Islands. Every weekend I'd go into Waikiki and rent a motorcycle I'd use to tour the island, usually after finding a nice tourist wahini to set in behind me. The ladies just loved having a Marine act as their personal tour guide, taking them to places way off the beaten path usually reserved for locals; and it was my pleasure to be of service.

In a month, I'll have to put on snow shoes just to get out to the car. Maybe I'll dig a tunnel. The last time I lived here (I met my wife in this small town where I now live when I was working for a CBS affiliate 25 years ago, my first job in TV) we got 364 inches of snow over the course of the Winter - 12 1/3 feet. The kids love it for obvious reasons, but they don't have to drive in it. The 4-wheelers and snowmobiles are going to get a workout, that's for sure.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
We can only hope

Wow...
And people on ATS claim Christians are evil?

With Akragon's comment, I'd like to express something. It's people like him who are the true evil in this world. I can't call myself Christian, but that doesn't mean I'll go around wishing for millions of Christian lives to be snuffed out. Because that's exactly what Akragon wants by his above comment. You disgust me Akragon, and I wish I could say exactly what I'm thinking but I enjoy my posting privileges on ATS so I'll just leave it alone.

While we're at it Akragon, why don't we start up Auschwitz and a few other camps so we can go ahead and kill off those idiot religious people known as Jew's, Buddhists, Muslims, Indians and a million more? Would that make you happy?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper

Originally posted by Akragon
We can only hope

Wow...
And people on ATS claim Christians are evil?

With Akragon's comment, I'd like to express something. It's people like him who are the true evil in this world. I can't call myself Christian, but that doesn't mean I'll go around wishing for millions of Christian lives to be snuffed out. Because that's exactly what Akragon wants by his above comment. You disgust me Akragon, and I wish I could say exactly what I'm thinking but I enjoy my posting privileges on ATS so I'll just leave it alone.

While we're at it Akragon, why don't we start up Auschwitz and a few other camps so we can go ahead and kill off those idiot religious people known as Jew's, Buddhists, Muslims, Indians and a million more? Would that make you happy?

I wasn't going to say anything, although in the context of the thread I suppose I should have; but his response is not unexpected at all. When the serious persecutions begin, not everyone will be out killing Christians. Many will probably be on the phone "saying something" because they "saw something," turning in their Christian friends and neighbors like good little slaves; but most will simply do nothing while it happens. DHS has already put Christians on watch lists for their beliefs, anti-abortion activists and believers in the End Times prophecies as described in Revelation in particular, and now that they have started off down this road it's only going to get worse.

Then there are people like yourself who will shelter their Christian friends, and quite possibly strangers, from those who would do them harm; hiding them from tyrants just as the "Righteous of the Nations" did for the Jews during WWII. I'll bet you sleep better at night. Thank you.

edit on 1/8/2012 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/8/2012 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

History will judge the US intervention in Iraq right now. The prognosis does not look good at all. We got Shiite Prime Minister, Nouri Al-Maliki, playing keystone cops with his Sunni Vice President, Tariq al-Hashemi, over alleged ties to terrorism.

Iraq’s Shiite-led government demands Kurds deliver Sunni vice president to face terror charges

Iraq’s Shiite-led government on Sunday demanded that authorities in the semiautonomous Kurdish region hand over the country’s top Sunni official to face terrorism charges, turning up the heat in a political crisis that is stoking sectarian tensions.

The Vice President has been on the lam in Iraqi Kurdistan as the political crisis unfolded and US troops withdrew. What a mess! The security situation continues to fall apart, the economy remains in shambles, and the services promised by the US and the Iraqi government remains to be seen.

Iraq: A country in shambles

As a daily drum beat of violence continues to reverberate across Iraq, people here continue to struggle to find some sense of normality, a task made increasingly difficult due to ongoing violence and the lack of both water and electricity.

It could have spiraled out of control under Saddam as well, because the only way he held things together was a monopoly on violence. The people weren't free and lived in the same fear they lived with during the US military operations and right now. Instead of insurgents and death squads raiding your home, it was Saddam Hussein's goons. Moreover, the country never fully recovered after Saddam Hussein's military disaster in Iran, his adventures in Kuwait, and the crippling economic sanctions imposed on Iraq by the international community. No one ever dared speak out against the regime, because it would involve massive retaliation. How can one truly know how good things are in a country filled with yes men and yes women?

So I beg to differ with your remark about things under the Hussein Regime. However, I do agree that the Iraq War was filled with improprieties by all involved, and not only the US but the Iraqi actors on the side of the US as well. At the very least, one promising result from the US intervention would be giving the Iraqis a chance to have a say in their own government whether they decided to elect a Kurd, a Shiite, a Christian, or even a Sunni. They did just that during the last election, amid violence and mayhem, and at a time of a significantly reduced US military presence. The US adhered to the Status of Forces agreement with Iraq and left at the behest of the Iraqi Parliament, and whatever happens now will be a result of the current Iraqi government. Thanks for the reply, and a very informative thread about the plight of Iraqi Christians.

edit on 8-1-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I AM A CHRISTIAN. And If they have me on any list, I want them arrested for crimes against humanity and bearing false testimony.

Also the guillotines have to be located and set aflame, and that probably put me on another list.

But those must go, ASAP. And we need to arrest these guys.

Nothing they're doing in the Free worlds is LEGAL.

Nor should we allow it in the middle east. Short of wars, I would have the worlds army peaefully in all these countries constantly removing all people, women who don't like burqa's too with their children, nope he doesnt get custody, any married to children etc etc, with UN standards in place, and even better than UN, to peaceful eco farms set up in free places. Lots of jobs, building eco farms, and lots PEACE CORPS who are like Police Officers, constantly getting all the people out who wish to be free, where there are other rules, imperative to not wear Burqas and live by the golden rules in life.
edit on 9-1-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I would solve all sexism, and problems with regressive religion regime cultures by passing high UN standards which had high protection issues for women and children and also worldwide medical, dental, counseling and free education, right to land, homes, and heritage seeds and gardens, no slavery.

Imperative councils of citizens as watchdogs for every system that could toss/yank any criminal elements that get into politics and the courts.

Peace troop world wide police officers. That simply go into corrupt countires and remove all the women and children, to safe places to be deprogrammed, councilled and helped.

Wonderful eco farms that produce their own power, built everywhere so that influxes were always possible and met easily. ie way more houses than needed, always available. Nice cob style and eco style, inexpensive and beautiful, long lasting.
I don't care what your religion is. But you can't practice ancient barbaric customs and commit crimes against humanity in the name of any religion. You can't abuse women and children or corporally punish, behead, or harm anyone. If you harm you are not serving GOD. And are a criminal. And all people need to be safely removed from criminal activities.

Also, all the good men, ie those who want to leave too, but they need to be kept separate from the women for a few years, and counseled.

This would also create many many jobs. More teachers and counselors too!! A win win for everyone.

Thats how I would have handled this ALL ALONG.

Freedom doesnt mean the freedom to commit crimes and sanctified as whole countries allowed to do so. Not a chance.

All nations that sanction crimes against humanity and religious courts would simply lose control and sovereignity.

The real crime is the CIA/MOSSAD and PTB set these countries up. So they need jail time.
edit on 9-1-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I have been following this for sometime, and yes the awakening throughout the ME has severe repercussions for Christians and other religious groups. On November 30, 2011, a letter was sent to President Barack Obama from Cristian Solidarity International, issuing a genocide warning concerning the 12 million-plus members of endangered non-Muslim minorities in North Africa and the broader Islamic Middle East.

Source

Christian Solidarity International issued a genocide warning for religious minorities in the Islamic Middle East, and they called on President Obama to make their safety a top priority as the United States continues to respond to the Arab Spring uprisings.

Dr. John Eibner, CEO of Christian Solidarity International, said: "Conditions for genocide against non-Muslim communities exist in varying degrees throughout the region stretching from Pakistan to Morocco. The crisis of survival for non-Muslim communities is especially acute in Iraq, Syria, Egypt, Sudan, the Palestinian territories, Iran and Pakistan."

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I appreciate the input. I myself would like to be Emperor of the World for just a month; I would impose justice the entire world over as a benevolent despot doing many of the things you suggested as well as a few more. My reign would be short and bloody, but in the end all of those who would harm an innocent would be food for the worms.

The only problem with a world dictator is that the first and only one is going to be the Antichrist, and he will use UN troops to do many of the things you suggested, along with a few more horrific additions.

reply to post by Daedal

Christians are not only under fire in the Muslim world, but in other areas as well. I came across this account this morning about the persecution of Christians in North Korea, where the only "religion" allowed is Kim worship.

“While Interviewee 17 was in the North Korean Army, his unit was dispatched to widen the highway between Pyongyang and the nearby port city of Nampo. They were demolishing a vacated house in Yongkang county, Yongkang district town, when in a basement between two bricks they found a Bible and a small notebook that contained 25 names, one identified as pastor, two as chon-do-sa (assistant pastors), two as elders, and 20 other names, apparently parishioners, identified by their occupations. The soldiers turned the Bible and notebook over to the local branch of Department 15 of the Korean Workers Party (KWP), but the Party officials said it was up to the military police unit, Bowisaryungbu gigwanwon, to investigate. Tracked down at their place of work through the listing of occupation in the notebook, the 25 persons were picked up without formal arrest by the military bowibu. The interviewee was not aware of any judicial procedures for those seized.

In November 1996, the 25 were brought to the road construction site. Four concentric rectangular rows of spectators were assembled to watch the execution. Interviewee 17 was in the first row. The five leaders to be executed – the pastor, two assistant pastors, and two elders – were bound hand and foot and made to lie down in front of a steamroller. This steamroller was a large construction vehicle imported from Japan with a heavy, huge, and wide steel roller mounted on the front to crush and level the roadway prior to pouring concrete. The other twenty persons were held just to the side.

The condemned were accused of being Kiddokyo (Protestant Christian) spies and conspiring to engage in subversive activities. Nevertheless, they were told, “If you abandon religion and serve only Kim Il Sung and Kim Jong Il, you will not be killed.” None of the five said a word. Some of the fellow parishioners assembled to watch the execution cried, screamed out, or fainted when the skulls made a popping sound as they were crushed beneath the steamroller. Interviewee 17 thought, at the time, that these church people were crazy. He thought then that religion was an “opiate,” and it was stupid for them to give up their lives for religion. He heard from the soldiers who took away the other twenty prisoners that they were being sent to a prison camp.” ~ northkoreanchristians.com

Christians are under fire right here in the U.S. as well. Street preachers in Dearborn Michigan were arrested by police for distributing Christian literature near a Muslim street festival.

WTF, really? They have just as much right to speak on the streets as the Muslims.

It's only going to get worse, the Bible tells us so. Most Christians I know are pro-Choice, and as such are under increased scrutiny by the DHS as possible "extremists." Now that the government is no longer required to obtain a warrant before arresting American citizens and imprisoning them indefinitely without a charge - or just whacking them with a Hellfire missile - all it takes is the suspicion of "guilt" for your Constitutional rights to be null and void. You'll never see the inside of a courtroom, and nobody will be told that you have been taken into custody. You just disappear.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Christians, ironically, were safer under Saddam, yet the Christian US removes Saddam and Christians get persecuted and their numbers diminish......................yeah for our democracy...........

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by Lazarus Short

the first Gulf War saying that every Christian Church in Iraq had been bombed by coalition forces,

Interesting, have any sources?

Yes, an old newsletter from Nord Davis, and I may have left it back in Kansas City.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

More peace from the Middle-East.

/Second line.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join