It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Footprint - 200 Million Years Old

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008
reply to post by zerozero00

How convenient all the giants were cremated, BS and you know it because there are pictures on the net of the so called giants bones most faked, a lot on creationist web sites and others are dinosaur bones claimed to be from giant humans.

Ok , another way of looking at it

Just because no evidence has been found don't mean it never existed

I'll go with the theory behind the nephilim as the giants that roamed the earth, they apparently came from another planet so maybe cremation is a nephilim custom and we have inherited it!

I have a problem with people today trying to convince others that they are right and nothing else is possible

no one on earth today can prove anything for or against what was on earth from 200 million years ago as its based only on what can be dug up and carbon dated.......considering the conditions have to be perfect for anything to be presserved or recorded in a way carbon dating becomes effective

this leaves a hell of a lot of potential possibillities to of happened without us ever finding out that they did

All i'm saying is.......I think outside the box as it creates a lot more fun during discussion!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

How convenient all the giants were cremated,

It's not convenience, have you not been paying attention?

For some reason, these giants had some sort of compulsion to try to walk around on lava.

You try walking on lava for any distance. I bet you'd be cremated too!

Harte

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by wavemaker

Why would there be a footprint in the side of a wall like this, rather then in the ground.

This looks more like a carving, art piece then something that is real. I am not to say what is, isnt though its hard to believe that is the only instance in that area and that's it.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DenyStupidity

Im also trying to deny stupidity lol I like your handle, anyways I believe that the vid said that it is believed to be on a "wall" because of how old the print is in relation to how the earth has changed forced the allegede print into a more vertical situation.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

It's not convenience, have you not been paying attention?

For some reason, these giants had some sort of compulsion to try to walk around on lava.

You try walking on lava for any distance. I bet you'd be cremated too!

Harte

Having walked on fresh lava (solidified) I can tell you even partially cooled lava is both sharp and HOT. You wouldn't want to be anywhere near such a place with bare feet - even with the callused feet of an experience hunter-gatherer.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by odinson
reply to post by kozmo

Hello

You would only see those indentations and markings on a fresh track. Over time any ridges and such would be worn down.

Markings would go away, but the mechanism of walking is evident in every track. You can tell how the weight shifts when walking. Definitely not a track.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
HOAX! That is the flattest foot ever. No dermal ridges. No arch. Not even the heel, which carries the most weight, is rounded out. It is as flat as a board. If a real foot made that, the foot wouldn't even be suitable for creating movement in a bi-ped. There isn't even any sign of toe curl, which would be evident in a "Walking" track.

My take is that someone intentionally carved this as a hoax, and not a very good one at that. Oh, and I should add, I have decades of experience in identifying tracks and direct tracking skills.

wow you can see all those details in a crappy video?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equidae

If this was a footprint in basalt I would agree with you, but granite forms miles underground from magma. It cools and solidifies long before it reaches the surface of the Earth, and so the magma is at no point is in a position to be stepped in.
It could be a demon's footprint because demon's live way under ground in hell. That makes the most sense.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
awesome, no shoes for the giant..

S&F !

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

No as I know about him at 8 ft 11.1 inches tall he is the TALLEST confirmed human ever but have a look here and see what most of these really tall humans have in common.

villageofjoy.com...

Most have medical problems with walking and die at a fairly young age.

And the fact that they were probably all great basketball players

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by Equidae

If this was a footprint in basalt I would agree with you, but granite forms miles underground from magma. It cools and solidifies long before it reaches the surface of the Earth, and so the magma is at no point is in a position to be stepped in.
It could be a demon's footprint because demon's live way under ground in hell. That makes the most sense.

*facepalm* Demons make NO sense. Where is all your evidence for the existence of these demons? A 40 foot tall hominid in the Triassic is much more plausible (though still wrong.) There has never been the slightest inkling of evidence for the supernatural, let alone a bunch of demons who have turned the core of the Earth into their very own Waldorf-Astoria?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Yawn www.skepdic.com...

You need a lot more than a vague shape, that is not even in correct proportions, to claim something was created by a foot. I once saw an indent in a tree that looked very much like an erect penis. Doesn't mean someone with a literal rock hard boner slammed into the tree, just means that there's tons of nature out there and there's bound to be some shapes occurring that our mind think looks like something familiar.
edit on 10-1-2012 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
i think it's a coincidence that it looks like a footprint and here's why:

if conditions are good to preserve a footprint like that then the conditions should exist to preserve a couple surrounding prints, even partially damaged ones and there was none of that around.

And as far as Giants existing on earth, it's possible, but i think if that were the case they would be localized to a couple areas of the globe.

it's widely believed there's still species of dinosaurs who's remains we haven't found. So who knows I guess.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Just curious,this giant footprint,if thats what it is,what kind of substance or stone is it imprinted into? was it made by stepping into cooling down but still very hot volcanic magma? thats what it looks like to me.That would really hurt and even giants would avoid stepping into molten rock,unless they were surrounded by lava while trying to escape the pyroclastic flows from a nearby erupting volcano, perhaps one of the ways they were eliminated from the earth?...
edit on 10-1-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
so could this be the supposed nephilims footprints?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Thanks for bring this vid op.

Interisting stuff.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by darkest4

Fallen angels mating with human women would probably not produce a race of giant offspring with proportionate feet or any other body part either,they would be monsterous...

edit on 10-1-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Welll....

That guy spoils the presentation by saying the stone is granite

Granite is igneous rock - lava. So nobody was stepping in while it was hot.

Presuming this guy was clueless and it isn't granite - it looked more like a sedimentary rock to me - which is more plausible......however it look more like a random erosion effect.

When he said granite, and I then saw it, I immediately suspected it was limestone or something of the sort; as he walks up to it, there are quite blatant hollows and crevices which most likely resulted from erosion.

Sure igneous rock can experience erosion, but defined, repeating grooves like what you see are characteristic of a sedimentary rock nature. Not 'disproving' the foot-print though, but seeing as how there is erosion evidence all around it, that is a simply possibility as well.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadoefax

No as I know about him at 8 ft 11.1 inches tall he is the TALLEST confirmed human ever but have a look here and see what most of these really tall humans have in common.

villageofjoy.com...

Most have medical problems with walking and die at a fairly young age.

And the fact that they were probably all great basketball players

Did you even bother to look at the link less than half can walk without sticks so I doubt they could play basketball!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
we certainly have shrunk over the years ...200million years from now we will be microscopic cool s n f

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join