It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran, US and Israel announce new war games as tensions rise in the Gulf

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Iran, US and Israel announce new war games as tensions rise in the Gulf

m.guardian.co.uk

Tensions on the oil shipping lanes in the Gulf have escalated with the announcement of new naval exercises by Iran's Revolutionary Guards and news that Israel and the US are planning to carry out their most extensive joint manoeuvres in the region.

The naval commander for the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC), Rear Admiral Ali Fadavi, said the drill in February would be "different compared to previous exercises held by the IRGC". The Iranian navy finished 10 days of exercises in the Gul
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
This article may be a little on the fear monger side but this news cannot be shrugged off as pointless propagandly only.

Personally, I think nothing will happen to cause any escalations, but it's just so hard to tell lately with all the saber rattling and in your face military maneuvers.

Iran seems pretty mad about the US/Israel cooperation and has decided to announce another exercise with more threats.

The gears of war are turning, I hope they get jammed.

m.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
ATS Thread

Already posted here.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Why are the Us & Israel doing maneuvers (sic) in the Gulf of Oman?

Surely it would make more sense to do this either in the med or even the red sea.

Seems like its just to inflame the situation more.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Philip Hammond, the British defence secretary, said during a visit to Washington: "Disruption to the flow of oil through the strait of Hormuz would threaten regional and global economic growth. Any attempt by Iran to close the strait would be illegal and unsuccessful."

I thought we had a global economic crisis on our hands, I can only see everything becoming more expensive.
So what "growth" is Mr Hammond talking about?
The growth of the Elitist Empire? The growth of prices in general?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
ATS Thread

Already posted here.

That thread is about the US equipment and troops being deployed in Israel, this thread is about the brand new war games Iran announced.

Thanks for the heads up though, I believe the topics are different due to the new information.

I wasn't aware of the newly announced wargames by Iran being the topic of that thread. In fact, that thread was the second thread on the previous topic.

Mods, if you feel this is a duplicate please close.
edit on 6-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The thing I don't get is if there is imminent war, then why is the US military budget scaling back?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by corporation

I personally don't believe it would be a ground war. I also believe the military downsizing by Obama is primarily ground troops. Anyone who knows for sure please feel free to correct me, as I'm unsure.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

This is beginning to sound like a bunch political posturing and hot air.

It's grabbing headlines but that's about it.

As a result it's pushing the civil war in Syria off the front page. Hmmmm......

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by corporation
The thing I don't get is if there is imminent war, then why is the US military budget scaling back?

NATO will continue on.

The U.S. will provide air and missile support with limited ground troops.
(like Libya)

The military budget has been passed for 2012.

Even though it looks like a "cut back", it really isn't.

The Iraq funding will be cut obviously, that's the "cut".

Afghanistan might be downsizing a little.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

I don't know where you're at, but Syria is still a hot topic over here. This headline could be considered sensational, but if you consider today's situation, war is certainly possible

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

I don't know where you're at, but Syria is still a hot topic over here. This headline could be considered sensational, but if you consider today's situation, war is certainly possible

Where are you? I'm in the USA.
--------
Syria is a mess. However, our state department appears to be VERY involved in Syria.

It's a civil war already.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I'm in Canada, and from what I have seen, I agree that the US is VERY active in Syria. I started a thread on it and got called an American hater

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
More good ol' news about the Iran situation. Let's be real here, this is just doing one thing, "Hey Iran, look whos balls are bigger and who's wallets are fatter". That's all this is about this is just getting old. Either do it or don't. Flexing your military muscles are not doing anything but showing how much money you blow on your military...

I don't know. I am sure this is gonna go down one way or the other. The other being that Iran eventually will eat their words and give it up. Knowing Iran that's highly unlikely because they have a ego bigger then their wepons and a prime minister that thinks he can "wipe Israel and America off the map". Ha wishful thinking. Just my opinion though. Take it for what its worth, 2 cents.

-SAP-

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

You are correct it is going to be a ground forces cut back. At the same time, they will increase their pacific strength, and massively increase drones, including the implementation of drone subs.
edit on 6-1-2012 by Shermanator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Yeah, I saw that thread. The thread it's self was not a "I hate America thread" But your responses
sure had a clear hate for America. Just pointing out the obvious. You can't say that assessment is incorrect right?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Bun-G

Why are the Us & Israel doing maneuvers (sic) in the Gulf of Oman? Surely it would make more sense to do this either in the med or even the red sea.

To my knowledge the US-Israeli drill takes place in Israel. I have my doubts about Israel placing new anti-missile complexes ,the ones that will be participating in the drill according to article, in countries hostile to it.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shermanator

Yeah, I saw that thread. The thread it's self was not a "I hate America thread" But your responses
sure had a clear hate for America. Just pointing out the obvious. You can't say that assessment is incorrect right?

You are 100% completly incorrect, end of story.

You seem over sensitive and blindly patriotic to say that.

It shows your ignorance too.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Originally posted by Shermanator

You are 100% completly incorrect, end of story.

You seem over sensitive and blindly patriotic to say that.

It shows your ignorance too.

Lol true story there. Just because someone has a opinion doesn't make them right or wrong, after all right and wrong are just words...

That comment was aimed at Shermanator btw.

-SAP-

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The US is more scaling back growth of the military budget than actually reducing it. The US's plan to turn the military into a leaner meaner fighting machine is smart. They can spend more money on technology and weapons while reducing the number of troops AND STILL END UP SAVING MONEY.

new topics

top topics

join