It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Eyewitness Affidavit- Iowa Caucus Vote Hacked by GOP?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrikeyMagnet

Originally posted by Observor

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
As has already been pointed out, even if Paul wins Republican nomination, many Republicans (typically the war-party) would vote for Trump as an independent.

Really? Just hearing his name in a serious sentence about presidential nominations has made me lose my remaining faith in human intelligence. (Nothing against you! I just can't see any redeeming qualities in this pompous windbag.) (Or do you suppose Trump is bagless like a Dyson Cyclone?)

Were you referring to Trump in your statement there?

Yes, there is talk of Trump contesting as an independent should Paul win the Republican nomination. There are elements in the GOP that do not want to see Paul as President. But despite their best efforts if Paul wins enough delegates to the convention, they have no choice but to nominate him as the GOP candidate. However, they would prefer Obama over Paul as the President, so would have to field another candidate, just to ensure Paul doesn't get all the GOP votes simply because war-party Republican voters may hate Obama more than Paul and don't find another "serious" candidate.

This is not the first time it happened. Not sure if you are old enough to remember the '92 election which Clinton won against George H.W. Bush. Ross Perot was fielded as an independent to defeat Bush and he managed that. Unless someone is creative enough to claim that Perot drew votes away from Clinton, Perot was fielded by Republicans to defeat their own official nominee, Bush. This Wikipedia artcile shows the results of that election.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by monker
Have been reading this website for over 1 YR. Finally registered so I could post. My wife and I attended the IA caucus in Poweshiek County, District 10, Montezuma. She has been a trained and registered pollwatcher in the past elections-national/local levels. At the caucus four yrs ago the votes were in an open room-held up and shown to everyone, with a representative of each candidate observing also. This time the ballots were taken to a back room with no cameras allowed or were representatives of the candidates. The results were read and the people were dismissed. The airwaves on WHO radio (Des Moines) for the last 2 days are rife with discrepancies from people who attended with conflictions of tabulations of the results reported to the state GOP. The official word from the state GOP is that we will have to "wait" for the final "CERTIFIED" results. (should have loaded up some livestock to have voted)

Looks like some of that smoke is heating up into fire, with a post like that... So that's another case of "hide the local totals so the GOP can report what they want."

I'll bet you Ron Paul won that thing. I just know it.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I don't know if this was mentioned yet, but this was covered on the Rachel Maddow show this evening. They will be so screwed if this is proven true.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Evidence or not, i wouldn't be surprised at all if the caucuses were being fixed.

I mean we see that media and the people that are suppose to represent us lying to us and spouting out BS all the time! They're main job is to mislead us.

The Mis-leader of the United States of America

Romney's the best at it. he should win.

But then again, i wouldn't be surprised if this story is BS too..

Oh lordy, why is the truth so hard to come by these days?

It's very troubling

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

He was leading from the start, and then took a dip.

I don't want to be called out for shouting CONSPIRACY just because i'm smart enough to like Dr.Paul, but hey, "they" all obviously don't want him in office..these string pullers have done worse to get what they want.

With all the support Paul had, with the doubling of Independent voters coming out, i don't see how he didn't win..especially since a ton of Iowans were still undecided, which would make me think the votes were more scattered.

AHhgbskghbs i don't know, the whole system is frustrating and i think it's downright stupid..we don't have any say in who wins.

If someone would be so inclined to explain in entirety how the nomination process works i'd be much obliged!

or maybe i could go read myself.. ok im rambling..PUTTING DOWN THE RUM AND COKE

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by dannotz

just because i'm smart enough to like Dr.Paul
If someone would be so inclined to explain in entirety how the nomination process works i'd be much obliged!

I see this often with Ron Paul supporters. They claim they are more intelligent than any other voters because they support Ron Paul...and yet they don't have a clue on how the election process works.

It just seems to me that it is a bit of a contradiction...and a bit ironic.

But it would explain why his supporters think that he is going to win every primary by a landslide and if not it is voter fraud.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Grasping for straws... Again? Knowing how an election process works has nothing to do with intelligence - that is rather the domain of specialized education in one small area. You can't sit down and meditate, while all the inner workings of spirit, mind, body, and caucus elections becone clear... Moreover, what IS the domain of intelligence is being able to recognize honesty and intelligence in someone else.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by exile1981
reply to post by TrueAmerican

iowacaucus.com...

The official site for iowa's caucus is the site that originally broke the story, they said they are doing a recount... which is standard procedure and the results take 2 weeks to verify anyways. Mr. True is a RP supporter who is trying to make this seem like a huge conspiracy when it was a simple typo in a summary that is rechecked later anyways.

I just want to add .... it's not a conspiracy. If you look into this the people who are being accused of this "fixing" are the same people who went public and they admit it was a typo. It was caught in the automatic recount of each station. So once again it's not a conspiracy and the guy who is on the net is an RP supporter who took a press release from the caucus and decided to blow it into a conspiracy theory to explain why there canidate didn't win.

Has no one ever typoed on a computer before? Get a life people.

As a side note it seems that some RP supporters where claiming that there was going to be a hack happen before the votes were even cast. I dislike how some people believe everything is a conspiracy. Stop listening to the voices in your head, go back on your meds and do some research.
edit on 7-1-2012 by exile1981 because: more data

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

My "smart enough" comment was tongue and cheek.

All i was saying is that we've seen people in high places do worse things to get what they wanted.

I don't really believe it was rigged, but it wouldn't surprise me.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Could be fraud. Could be an accidental double tap on the "2" key.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SurrealisticPillow

What happened to doing a little research on your own?

Why the hell should I? The OP brought he can prove it!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join