It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Come on People. Do you really think the vote is Honestly Counted ???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I have said it before and in light of the recent Iowa Caucus and the recent threads about the exit polls and the possibility of fraud, I once again will thread directly on the subject.

In 2000, without the permission or vote of The American People, The Electronic Voting Machine/System was introduced and ever since it's introduction we, The American People have counted on a computer to register our vote accurately and honestly.

My point is simple. Do you really think that an election is not able to be "Fixed" now easier than ever? The issue and soloution is simple. Write your Senator's , Congress persons, and everyone you can think of because until this system is removed your vote is a waste of time , if your voting for someone that TPTB don't want in office. People we/you and I need to give serious thought to this.
edit on 5-1-2012 by CherubBaby because: title

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I agree that our votes dont count....but if TPTB already control the elections and even the world basically....what makes you think that writing to our congressmen and senators would actually make a difference....ultimately the y all answer to the same people

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

Any vote without a paper trail, some physical evidence, is a lost vote, ready to be manipulated by the finder.

In Germany, the CCC did find enough holes in the security of our first electronic-vote-machines that judges had enough evidence to force them to back off. It worked. If you believe your system wouldn't react like this, then your system does have a problem, I guess.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

You and I totally agree. Thank you. I think your the first person who seems to understand the importance of a paper trail.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

I totally agree with you in the sense that TPTB try to control. But they have a free hand if the Electronic Voting Box stays in place.

If the vote we cast is on a computer then we might as well not vote at all.
edit on 6-1-2012 by CherubBaby because: Added txt

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Electronic Voting - OK
Electronic counting - never ever ever ever ever ever ever

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Iowa Caucus was a fraud.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Would you people be crying foul if Ron Paul had won?

What about if there was clear evidence of vote tampering?

Be honest (ha!).

edit on 6/1/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ludwigvonmises003

You say the Iowa Caucus was a fraud. I'm not disagreeing or agreeing. I am just curious what exactly do you mean.? Fraud in which way?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Nope, you are right on... the elektrawnik vote machines have already been proven to be easily hacked... almost trivially hacked.

Electronic voting AND counting COULD be done accurately and honorably and produce the real results. But TPTB clearly don't want that... their goal is to make the voting process in the US as obfuscatory as possible, to keep the vote turnout down... can't have those pesky citizens taking the country into their own hands, ya know.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Yes - Cherub - electronic voting was set up so that Bush Jr. could win. I don't believe the voting is any more real than the stock exchange. Who among us can really verify the validity of an algorithm?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by luxordelphi
Who among us can really verify the validity of an algorithm?

There is plenty of talent in the US, and right here on ATS that is fully qualified to validate the both voting machine algorithms and the implementation of them.

It's a matter of getting hold of the source, and then verifying that what is reviewed is what is actually used. But yeah, there's a lot of folks around who could do it, given the source.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
If someone thinks that the vote is rigged from the start....don't participate in it, don't cry when it happens, and don't try to claim you know what the real results were.

If you honestly think the vote is rigged...just don't participate...very simple.

But to cry about it when the fringe candidate that you support doesn't win is just silly.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I wish.. the crying would stop....

Ron Paul didn't win this time...

let it go

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I have long thought that "democratic" elections are rigged. There is plenty of evidence, even proof in some instances, therefore I'm never surprised when I hear about these things.

If the votes were properly counted, Ron Paul would have won IMO.

Cheers Cherub, s + f.
edit on 6-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I can only speak for myself. I haven't voted . I have no favorite candidate. I am simply saying that th electronic voting machines are not reliable and can be fixed/ programmed. Thats all.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

You may be right. In fact you probably are right. The part I can't get over withis the fact we really don't know who won and who "Truely" lost.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

and in the states where they still use pen and paper ballots you get this....

Iowa Caucus 2012 Results: Vote-Counter Says Mistake Gave Mitt Romney 20 Extra Votes

I'm sure dooshbag and maxipad both got "extra votes".... someone just messed up on who was supposed to get more of the extras...

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Of course they are rigged, they have been ever since they decided to add a nice little constitutional amendment setting up the Electoral college. So whether presidential elections are accurately counted is a moot point. The Electors in virtually every state but New Mexico get a slap on the wrist for not voting with their districts. These Electorates are not voted in by any one they are appointed the task.

Every one in the whole USA could vote 100% for a candidate...but the Electoral college idiots could vote the other ticket and who do you think will be elected? In the major Electorate states like California, New York, and Florida there is absolutely ZERO penalty to the Elector if they vote against how their districts voted. In many other states it is the same; ZERO penalty; it is a misdemeanor punishable by fines in most cases under 500 dollars, what's a 500 dollar fine when a corporation backed candidate could give you several million for your electorate vote?

It's laughable and also very sad, that this is the way presidents make it to office...who can pay the most bucks for votes period that's it. New Mexico is the only state where it's a felony for the Electors if they do not vote the same as their districts did...and still that's at the Electoral colleges discretion to prosecute. Who do you think holds the purse strings to buy all of these votes? It's not the American people. Although...

Corporations hold the same entity status as people, so corporations get the same rights, it also allows corporations to lobby the government. Anyone remember what police cars used to say? "To serve and protect" what did this mean? it meant serve the people and protect business interests. What do they say now? "To protect and serve" it's a flip flop that has gone un-noticed to many so now it is: To protect business first and serve the interest of the people last.

As for rigged preliminaries of course they are rigged as well...how else can they keep a potential puppet on the bottom in the race a while longer? It's a sham all of it, and the best thing we could do for this country is scrap the Electoral College for good, it's the only way we the people are going to take back control and make sure the people are people and not corporations granted people status.

Every vote can be counted true and fair with technology of 20 years ago paper trails included. But as I said the votes and counts don't matter when there's more behind the curtain Dorothy.
edit on 8-1-2012 by Darkchemistry because: sp.

edit on 8-1-2012 by Darkchemistry because: sp

edit on 8-1-2012 by Darkchemistry because: sp.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkchemistry

Star !!! I wanted to personally thank you for your posts. I couldn't agree more or have said it better myself. Thanks again and thanks to the other posters as well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join