It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 End of World?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 06:00 AM
link   
2012 ?

Intersting.

This gives 6 years gap.

I heard that in 2018 Jesus is to make his come back.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Whose idea was it to trust the ancient Manyans anyway - Didn't they have blood thirsty rituals and human sacrifice? It would seem even if they had an inkling of the truth in the early years as a society they certainly distorted any knowledge of it by the end!! And their end came because of their distorted, perversive and destructive ways -

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
sorry - I meant myans!

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by bonijean
Whose idea was it to trust the ancient Manyans anyway - Didn't they have blood thirsty rituals and human sacrifice? It would seem even if they had an inkling of the truth in the early years as a society they certainly distorted any knowledge of it by the end!! And their end came because of their distorted, perversive and destructive ways -

When we found America [1490's] there were over 1600 different cultures. Out of these 1600 cultures, there were only three which have been proven to get involved with 'human sacrifice'.

The Mayan's were one group of people who believed that it was important to get involved in human sacrifices, however it wasn't a form of punishment but one of great privaliage to be given to the 'Gods'.

You have to remember that although many people follow the Mayan Calanader even more people follow Christianity and Islam which has killed people for 'sinning' against their Gods and in many respects is not that different, yet people still openly worship them...

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Odium, very well said.

Bj, following your logic (?) why should we trust any of our scientists, astronomers, etc. since we too are definitely blood thirsty nations and our end will probably be because of our distorted, perversive and destructive ways.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
It is a common theme among the readers of prophetic texts to portray the coming event as the end of the world. The global impact and massive death tolls which many ancients have predicted will occur are not far from that concept. Still, these prophecies also predict a continuance afterwards. If their visions are accurate, then, for billions it will be the end. But if they are right that some will make it through, and that a new age will begin which will be far better than this present one, then it is not an end at all, but merely a 'downsizing', or 'restructuring'. The new age promises to be much better, though in my view, it'd be hard to be any more degraded than this one has gotten.
On a related note, the winter solstice of December 21, 2012 will occur at 11:11 AM UTC, which I find quite appropriate considering all the current 1111 hubbub.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
on the mayans bloodlust

do we know for sure , whether or not this was just an imitated practice of original sacrifices, or a continuation of it ? in other words, someone WAS sacrificed, but nobody ate the heart etc [ it just being a murderous ritual, an imitation of the real thing, from years gone by ], or WERE the organs consumed, as in, the ritual had purpose for the consumer of it [ because it wasn't human ] ?

I'm referring to the little known references of the gods as being reptilian [ who supposedly changed our DNA , hence the unaccounted for unlinked jumps in our lineage ] , hence the wearing of masks to hide their hideous features, and of it being forbidden to have graven images of them [ they don't want an image recorded in stone/metal that would survive, and show what hideous beings they truly were ]
www.subversiveelement.com...

there are stories in costa rica about wise serent people as well.

so, I guess I'm saying I believe whatever knowledge they got, was given to them, by the [ gods ] and is probably accurate, but what remains unknown is the message. we may have nailed it, and maybe not. I do think we have found the truth, but it is hidden among all the different theories , so , in effect, still remains hidden.

I realize this is thread drift , but it IS connected. so much of it is connected to other things , IMO , making connections makes it possible to solve the unsolved.

?

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
i faintly remember something about a buddhist term of maya which means ignorance.

end of the ignorant calender?

also the hopi believe in world phases, and they say we are about to enter the last one... proof? its out there.

just some random cross-culture tidbits.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I started this thread 2.5 years ago.

6.25 years to go before we know if anything will happen!!!!

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Nice... I do believe that a change is brewing in our world. All one has to do is lokk at the news that is filtered to us for proof. As far as I know the world has'nt seen so much turbulence and upheaval in such a short period of time. Earthquakes, Tsunamis, Hurricanes andthe melting of the caps all within just a short span of time. I live in the northeast of the U.S. and it has been raining for about a week straight non-stop night and day. The end is near. Whether that end is the end of an era or THE END remains to be seen.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Obviously, whoever created the actualy Mayan Calendar that is being referred to, would have had to of stopped working on it at some point? Like upon his death or failure of health? Have we considered that maybe he stopped at 2012 because that just happens to be as far as he got? Everything must come to an end (especially if we are to believe the world is coming to an end) so therefore the calendar at one point or another would have had to end. Even if there were several people with the vision or knowledge of the future, they still could have worked on it together all their lives only to make it up to 2012 before some kind of event occurred which caused them to stop working on it.

Just playing Devil's advocate here...

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I really think that Infra_red is onto something. The news is different than I've ever seen it... the tsunamis, hurricanes, earthquakes, floods, pandemics. The weather is different too- it pours in LA and hardly ever snows anymore in Chicago. These changes seem to be happening so quickly and I can't help but noticing we're 7 years away from the Mayan end date in 2012. I agree that this may be the beginning of the end.. I just hope the news gets better, not more apocalyptic....

~Gina

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Here's something I discussed in a pod the other day, you might find it interesting.

eleven seconds after the eleventh minute of the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month of the year 2011 the official time will be, 11 11 11 11 11 11.

Its as close as you can get to resetting the clock without actually going back to zero.

How messed up is that?

And you were worried about 2012...

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Ok, I'm much more of a listener than a speaker but I feel like this needs to be addressed especially since I JUST did a paper on this very subject. Forgive me if this has been said as I have not read all 17 pages so far.

First, Mayan Long Count generally has 5 base 20/18 numbers written like 0.0.0.0.0. The story regarding the end of the world in Mayan culture describes a catastrophe calling the end of humans when the last Baktun occurs hitting the number 13. A Baktun is a 400 year period which is represented by the 5th number on the left.

So what we have is the supposed end of humanity when the Long Count ends up 13.0.0.0.0 right? Not quite. See, what most people dont know is that there is evidence the 5 digit Long Count is actually abbreviated. According to a monument in the ancient ruined Mayan city of Coba, there are a number of digits that exist to the left of the Baktun.

What the full Long Count will look like when the "end of humanity" is supposed to come is like this: 13.13.13.13.13.13.13.0.0.0.0

While it will be 13.0.0.0.0 in 2012, the full date will be more like 0.0.0.0.0.0.13.0.0.0.0

...and since 13 Baktuns takes 5200 years, doing that 13 times, and then THAT 13 times and so on....well you can see how long it'll take

Now, I can't say this is 100% fact but its certainly up for debate. With all the doomsday speculation there isn't much evidence beyond the date correlation and I'd say this looks as solid as anything on those New Age sites sporting claims of the end of the world

There are a number of site that agree with the assertion that the Long Count extends beyond 5 digits, easiest to find is Wikipedia.

Now back to watching from the shadows....

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 02:28 AM
link   
So shark, I think your saying we have longer to live right? or shorter? I think end of the world will come at the year 3000. Or 10000. I might have said something earlier but I forget. I probably just contradicted myself.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shark
ear period which is represented by the 5th number on the left.

So what we have is the supposed end of humanity when the Long Count ends up 13.0.0.0.0 right? Not quite. See, what most people dont know is that there is evidence the 5 digit Long Count is actually abbreviated. According to a monument in the ancient ruined Mayan city of Coba, there are a number of digits that exist to the left of the Baktun.

What the full Long Count will look like when the "end of humanity" is supposed to come is like this: 13.13.13.13.13.13.13.0.0.0.0

While it will be 13.0.0.0.0 in 2012, the full date will be more like 0.0.0.0.0.0.13.0.0.0.0

...and since 13 Baktuns takes 5200 years, doing that 13 times, and then THAT 13 times and so on....well you can see how long it'll take

Now back to watching from the shadows....

How can you be sure they didn't just truncate the numbers to the right of it?

ie: 13.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0 ?

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
the Mayan have lived with aliens for long time and in 2012 they wil come back rool the eart

na just kidding

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   

So shark, I think your saying we have longer to live right? or shorter?

Longer, much much longer. Its like (((5200 x 13) x 13) x 13) etc as opposed to the 5200 years people commonly associate the long count with. And that is if you believe they knew something we dont.

How can you be sure they didn't just truncate the numbers to the right of it?
ie: 13.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0 ?

Well, first off I believe the monument displays the "time" of the end of the world which would be the unabbreviated version (all 13's except for the last 4). Second, the unit that the Mayan Calendar kept track of was a day, every calendar they used went in days, even the long count which is why its just a single big number essentially a tally of days gone by since the beginning. The least significant digit (the far right digit) is a day in our normal 5 digit number.

For example today is 12.19.12.14.9 and tomorrow is 12.19.12.14.10.

The point is to add numbers on the right would mean they would be counting in units less than a day, which to my knowledge, didnt happen. Especially since the number of breakdowns of a day there would be. If you think about it, since the digits are usually 20 base, the number to the right of the "day" would be 1/20 of a day and the next would be 1/20 of that, and so on making it a pretty ridiculous fraction.

Anyway, I think the evidence is probably pretty clear from the monument itself, but I've not been able to find anything more indepth unfortunately.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
man, this world isn't going anywhere

agent 357

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Wow Shark- thanks for all your insight and sharing your expertise. You brought up an interesting point- Do you (and the rest of the people in this convo) thing that the Mayans knew something we didn't?

It's weird to think that such an ancient civilization could pick up on things that we can't with all our technology and computers, etc. Then again, all our technology is killing our environment, thus us. (I'll spare you the long Ishmael-inspired argument for now). Are the Mayans worth considering or is 2012 just another one of the many full of crap end dates?

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join