It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a 25yr old White Male in UK, and I have been diagnosed with HIV :(

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mugger

Don't you think that's a wee bit harsh? Don't get me wrong, I understand what you're saying, but you never know when something could happen that is outside your control and then maybe you'll need help too.

I'm not judging you by the way, I only responded to your post because you remind me of one of my mates who has just fallen in to the trap of needing help and now he sings to a different tune.

Rev

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mugger

Since you mentioned the church and charity...I will just say this.
Do unto others as you would want done unto you.

If you were in his shoes would you want everyone to just turn their backs??
If it was me...I would wish for a humanitarian motive instead of an economic one.
I am a human being (I am not the government and have limited control,if any at all) and not a price tag.

Good people can do bad things,just like a bad person can do a good thing.
We can all be good and we can all be bad so,there is no reason to judge anyone based on,of all things,politics.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mugger
reply to post by DrumsRfun

I look at people's actions as to a cause for their own problems. It can be stated about any subject, drugs, alcohol..etc.
If you don't finish High School, that is my problem? If you become addicted to numerous drugs or alcohol, I should be held to pay for your behavior? I am responsible for myself and my child and family, no one else.
I give to my own charities including my church, it is not the governments responsibility to do so for me.

If I could turn back time I would, but I am in this situation now and have to deal with it, I have also paid taxes all my life so why should I not reap the benefits of free healthcare? Even if I brought it all on myself I still have contributed financially for everybody else to also recieve free healthcare.

I hope that your children don't find themselves in a similar situation when they are older after taking one too many wrong decisions in their life. We are all afterall human, and we do make mistakes.

I just dread to think what the world would be like if there were more selfish and heartless people like you.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by benjamin2012

Well said, some people think going to church and saying nice things about Jesus will make them a good person...sadly not.

I am glad you are feeling better and are spiritually prepared, it takes some people a long or several lifetimes to get there.

You seem to be the sort to research so no advice really...just heartfelt warmth and love for you.

Namaste

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I notice you said you contacted your ex partners and they all got tested. You say you didn't infect anyone, so did one of them infect you? Or were they all clear and if so, how did you contract this disease? I think it would help some people understand the situation a bit more

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

The person I wanted to hear from. You deserve the benefits you payed into, no government should deny you.
My point wasn't to degrade you in any way as some may have taken it. Their are many who think they deserve it, or have entered my country illegally who think they do. Our system needs to be revamped.
If you have payed into it as the British system, you deserve it back. Since it seems rationed to a point, I do feel for you. As I stated, God Bless and truly mean it, will pray for your health. No demeaning intentions.

A side question, if you had the money and could afford private insurance/hospitalization, would the treatments be better?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mugger

In Canada,my buddies NEED the insurance or they can't afford the meds and will die.
Even though we have free healthcare...we have to pay for the meds.
Its a sick system...what can I say?

The cocktails they have for meds are expensive.
(enter the big pharma conspiracy)
edit on 5-1-2012 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by revmoofoo

Don't you think that's a wee bit harsh?

Harsh or truthful? I am only 43yrs old, but grew up speaking as you feel truthfully and without worrying about "hurting" others feelings. or any political correctness BS. I've been called an a-hole when it fit the time and have called my friends the same about situations also. I guess it is people's attitudes nowadays, to be affronted about anything.
My comments were to elicit more on the OP's story about his situation, that is all.

Drumsrfun- I think healthcare went down the tubes ever since HMO's were introduced in the US. Then they started letting the Pharms start advertising on TV, along with lawyers and relaxed the FDA rules on the meds.
I won't take anything except aspirin. The commercials scare me with there 30 seconds of side effects.
edit on 1/5/2012 by mugger because: add

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mugger

A side question, if you had the money and could afford private insurance/hospitalization, would the treatments be better?

Well if his nationalised health service has managed to keep him alive from HIV and cancer this year to the point he is well enough to return to work, how much better treatment do you want? Going private, just means you get your own room rather than being on a ward.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mugger

I just don't think you were being very polite, which is nothing to do with being politically correct. You could have asked the same question in a much more positive and polite manner instead of lowering the tone of the thread.

Again, I'm not judging you. I was just brought up to be polite and it mystifies me when people are impolite for no real reason. Anyway, ignore me. It's not my place to push my values on anyone else.

Rev

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ScorpioRising

Yes, i would like the OP to clarify that as well. The answer could change my thoughts on this thread and the OP entirely...and to mugger, he is from England, im guessing your post was based on the assumption he was from America.
edit on 5-1-2012 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mugger
reply to post by revmoofoo

Don't you think that's a wee bit harsh?

Harsh or truthful? I am only 43yrs old, but grew up speaking as you feel truthfully and without worrying about "hurting" others feelings.

That's called being disrespectful. Just saying.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

It hurts my heart to hear your story, I love you and will pray for you, prayers are powerful. God loves you!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScorpioRising

I notice you said you contacted your ex partners and they all got tested. You say you didn't infect anyone, so did one of them infect you? Or were they all clear and if so, how did you contract this disease? I think it would help some people understand the situation a bit more

All but one of my previous 8 partners were clear and he was unaware of it until I contacted him. It has also destroyed his life but he does have good health which is good. I dont speak to him anymore and try not to blame him as it does you no good in the end. He did not infect me on purpose and I know that, so in my eyes he has done nothing wrong.

That said, it doesn't stop me feeling so much anger sometimes at the whole situation. It makes me feel like I have done something wrong to deserve this.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I do admire the maturity you show regarding the person who infected you. I only hope that I can find such maturity in my own life.

Blessings to you my friend.

Rev

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by benjamin2012
VERY LARGE QUOTE REMOVED BY STAFF

Im sorry this has happened to you . Your life isnt necessarily over I have cousin who has been HIV positive for 14 years and his partner at least 17 or maybe 18 neither one have full blown AIDS. You possibly could be right about it being manmade I think a lot of diseases are manmade-maybe they're released on purpose or by accident. I have Systemic Lupus Erythematosis w/Fibromyalgia syndrome -now I dont think its manmade-its been around way too long for that but there's an awful lot of "environmental illness" and "multiple chemical sensitivity" and all kinds of new viruses being "discovered"
edit on 6-1-2012 by burdman30ott6 because: Removed quote of entire OP

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Schwalbe

That goes without saying. He's had *only* ten sexual partners in his life.

Obviously he contracted it through sex.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScorpioRising

All but one of my previous 8 partners were clear and he was unaware of it until I contacted him. It has also destroyed his life but he does have good health which is good. I dont speak to him anymore and try not to blame him as it does you no good in the end. He did not infect me on purpose and I know that, so in my eyes he has done nothing wrong.

That said, it doesn't stop me feeling so much anger sometimes at the whole situation. It makes me feel like I have done something wrong to deserve this.

Thank you for answering my question
It is sad that both of your lives are now affected but at least because of you finding out it will give him a chance too. You are not to blame. Yes people will shout that you should have used protection but people do stupid stuff when they are young, too many forget that. I was silly when I was 19 but luckily for me it resulted in beautiful little girl, it could have been so different. Sadly we never really understand the risks until something happens, for some it's unplanned pregnancy, for others it's HIV or another STD.
Do not blame yourself, ever.
Well done on getting better and I hope your health continues to improve
Best wishes and love to you.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by blackrain17

Actually, when you first contract the HIV virus, after a short incubation time, you become very ill. Then it passes and is as if there is nothing wrong with you. I think he was describing this with his illness.

To the OP, I feel for you friend. Please look into medical options before going cold turkey. Things go downhill fast without treatment, and I am sure there are a bunch of people that would like you here as long as possible

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

If I could turn back time I would, but I am in this situation now and have to deal with it, I have also paid taxes all my life so why should I not reap the benefits of free healthcare?

Personally I don't think this is the place to be questioning how you contracted it. And if we are going to start querying the cost of treatment on the basis of risk behaviour, we would have to include sports people, travellers etc. Heck let's throw car drivers into the mix as well! But I had to laugh at this bit. OP this is the sort of comment you hear from old people like me - you are only 25!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join