It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Kardashian sisters to become Barbie dolls

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
What do you think Barbie has been about this whole time? It's only fitting.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Uhhh...

And how did Kim get "famous" again?

I believe it was due to a sex tape,

Great influence on young minds!

This is a good piece on them/her:

They're milking it for all they're worth.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

People in life make mistakes....they have made their share....but they have womaned up and owned up to them...delt with their mistakes...learned...and forgiven themselves and others.

They are not perfect...no one is...but they are good people...who are successful...famous...and they come from a loving close knit family.

I am sure you have made your share of mistakes in life....we just don't know about them.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Yes...I agree with you...many people are jealous of these wonderful, successful young women. I really don't completely understand why people hate them either.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

If you respect these women, you obviously have your reasons.

If I had a daughter, there would be no way that they would idolize the Kardashians. I'll also lump Snooki and Lindsey Lohan into this category, too. They are a bunch of brainless bimbos who demonstrate that you can get rich on your looks and acting stupid is cool.

I'd much rather have my daughter looking up to this former actress:
www.wired.com...

The actress who played Winnie Cooper on The Wonder Years, Danica McKellar, is a self-proclaimed math advocate for girls who might otherwise shy away from a subject that Barbie once famously described as "hard."

Barbie: "It's too hard! I can't do it!"

Graduating summa cum laude from UCLA with a degree in mathematics, McKellar is also co-author of a published proof. She has testified before Congress on math education and served as a substitute teacher.

Did any of the Kardashians go to college, or did they just attend the PlayBoy Institute?
Danica goes on to explain:

I had done quite a bit of research about math education when I spoke before Congress in 2000 about the importance of women in mathematics. The session of Congress was all about raising more scholarships for girls (in math) in college. I told them I felt that it's too late by (the time they get to) college. If you look the stats, girls start losing interest in math and grades start dropping in middle school. That's where you have to put the money.

So (I told) Laura Nolan I want to help middle-school girls stay interested in math and be good at it, and see it as friendly and accessible and not this scary thing. Everyone else in society tells them it's not for them. It's for nerdy white guys with pocket protectors. This is how 75 percent of all science is depicted on television.

The message they're getting instead is: It's really cool to be dumb. Look at Jessica Simpson. She's famous for being dumb. I guess it started with Marylyn Monroe, and she actually wasn't that dumb, but that's how she was perceived -- and that's what got popular.

Danica's message is what young girls need to be taught. I would never ever want my daughter thinking and believing that being a dumb bimbo is cool and popular. The way the media is and has been portraying women is an outrage and they should be ashamed of themselves.
edit on 6-1-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

I understand what you are saying...and you make some very good points.

However...there are many roads to success and achievement...going to college and getting degrees are one of them.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

And becoming famous by being a whore is another.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Yes, but if I had a daughter, I wouldn't care if she wanted to go to college or be a homemaker. As long as she didn't rely upon her looks and body to get ahead, I would respect whatever career choice she made.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I personally don' think that the Kardashians girls are whores. They have made their share of mistakes...and I believe they have learned from their mistakes.

You choose to view them as whores...that is certainly your choice...but I don't agree.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Just to expound upon the "Math is hard!" Barbie:
avitzur.hax.com...

Mattel got a lot of flack for its talking Barbie doll which said "Math is hard." I wanted to reprogram the voice chips to say "Partial differential equations with Neumann boundary conditions are hard." It's not that I completely disagreed with Mattel, I just thought Barbie should have been more specific. Imagine the conversations: "Mommy, what's a Neumann boundary condition?" "Well you see dear, that's when you fix the value of the derivative on the boundary curve." But then, I've been working on nerd propaganda for decades.

I hope the Kardashian dolls don't talk about something else being "hard".

Maybe they'll have lingerie strip tease Barbie who you can also give a bikini wax to:
www.huffingtonpost.com...

It was bound to happen someday: the Kardashian sisters all derobed for a joint lingerie shoot (after Kourtney gave Khloe that bikini wax, we figured some sisterly stripping wasn't too far off).

Kim, Khloe and Kourtney Kardashian modeled pieces of their new Kardashian Kollection for Sears. The intimates are just a fraction of the line's offerings, which include apparel, shoes, bags, jewelry, belts and sunglasses.

Surprisingly, the sexy pics were shot by celebrity photographer Annie Leibovitz, known these days for her serious Louis Vuitton ads and Vanity Fair spreads (including a controversial shoot with nearly-naked Miley Cyrus).

Let's not forget that Miley Cyrus was underage during this photo shoot.
articles.nydailynews.com...

G-rated princess Miley Cyrus and Disney are fuming over the Hannah Montana star's R-rated photo spread in Vanity Fair, blasting the magazine for exploiting an underage girl to sell copies.

The 15-year-old, who plays kid-friendly Hannah on the Disney Channel is stunned by the topless shots taken by famed photographer Annie Leibovitz.

"I took part in a photo shoot that was supposed to be 'artistic' and now, seeing the photographs and reading the story, I feel so embarrassed," Miley said in a statement.

Looking at the evidence, I'm still not convinced that the Kardashians are good role models for girls.
edit on 6-1-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Yes...I agree with you...many people are jealous of these wonderful, successful young women. I really don't completely understand why people hate them either.

Oh my gosh! I think it is such a cop out in many cases when someone is accused of being jealous just because they don't like what a person stands for. And quite frankly it's insulting. Very valid reasons for not thinking these gals are suitable role models have been given. It's fine if you disagree, it's fine if you like them, even enough to support their $$$ manufacturing machine. But to call jealousy is ridiculous!!

Oh, by the way, none of their "business" ventures except for the predictable sex tape and the two younger ones clothing boutique came from their brain. They are approached by companies to hock whatever because they make headlines, are controversial and popular because of it. Which got me thinking right now; I'm going to stop talking about them and read another thread now,....this is how talentless, self centered people who (publicly) suck BECOME headline news. I can't believe I just assaulted my mind with the thought of them and people like them.

Edit to add:
To Afterthought- good posts by you. Thanks for bringing up Danika McKeller, I remember when her book came out, I saw an interview of her. Then it was gone and long forgotten, because it's not what sells ad space. Anyway, thanks for the reminder, I'm going to buy her book for my niece....after I read it myself!
edit on 1/6/2012 by Miss Sile because: Added sentence

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Miss Sile

You express yourself...very well. Everyone has an opinion...I am thankful not all opinions are the same...it would be a very boring world!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

I agree. I think all the girls are good role models, actually. They are business women who are independent and beautiful and fun. They have a brand under which they sell perfume, clothes, styling and several TV shows.

They are a wonderful example of the American Dream. I don't know why people hate them, though... They're TV stars. Jealousy is the only motivation I can see for hating these girls.

I'm tempted to buy the dolls!

Good role models??? Kim became famous because she made a sex tape with some guy. Her parents are rich, so they can afford to open up businesses, hire chemists to put together perfumes, hire designers, etc. etc. She gets married, gets everything for free as her wedding is sponsored by designers and caterers in order to gain some publicity, and she gets divorced a few months later only to make a few million off the whole thing. It's not like she is self-made through hard work. If she wasn't pretty and if her parents weren't rich, she'd be a complete nobody. That's not who I think of when I think "role model".

Don't get me wrong, I don't begrudge her the success she's had on TV, I just don't think she's a good role model at all.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
reply to post by rigel4

None of your business!
No, butt seriously. To answer your question, I've got boobs but no butt.
Being 4'7", I'm surprised I don't tip over, but I'll always like my little butt.

Every one on here is always saying "Pictures or it did not happen".

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Miss Sile

To Afterthought- good posts by you. Thanks for bringing up Danika McKeller

Happy to hear you were already aware of her determination to help girls learn and discover that smarts should not be frowned upon. It's really sad the way the media brainwashes girls to think they have to be dumb to fit in and it's even more discouraging when boys buy into it and decide that a girl's intelligence should be beneath theirs. All it's teaching is that a girl should be arm candy and keep her mouth shut. Danica McKeller is a beautiful girl and she's lucky that she had a mother who kept her grounded while she was acting. Her mother didn't allow her to go to any parties, was always on the set during filming, and made sure she gave her school work the most attention. What a smart and responsible mother she had! More than I can say for most Hollywood moms as well as the Kardashian girls' parents. Just look at Lohan's parents. Ugh!

Concerning her book, I wish it had been around when I was younger. I was horrible in math! I still am. I'm going to see if I can find a used copy online. I hope it helps your niece.

Also, kudos to you for defending the idea that not liking the Kardashians has nothing to do with jealousy.

This is about liking who you are and loving the way you look even when the media has decided what's beautiful and you don't fit into the brainwashed little box they've created.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

Every one on here is always saying "Pictures or it did not happen".

Yes, but ATS is also filled with lots of imagination, too, and this is an instance where you'll have to rely upon yours.
I'm very anti internet photo. I appreciate your curiosity though.

Which brings me to the topic of men's imaginations. There once was a time, long, long ago, when women barely even showed their ankles in public. I'd actually like to go back to something similar to this, but not to this extreme. Today, women like flash all their flesh and leave nothing to the imagination. Maybe if girls didn't reveal everything, guys would be more into working to see the rest and being gentlemanly would come back into style. I think dressing to impress actually means demonstrating that you have self confidence in how you look and carrying yourself like you own it. The media today has girls brainwashed into thinking that dressing as though you own a corner is cool. The media should be ashamed of themselves. You know at least one third of them have at least one daughter.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I don't know why people hate them .... Jealousy is the only motivation I can see for hating these girls.

Not jealousy.
They are just a waste of air and totally useless. They aren't good roll models - not that they have to be - but the instant wedding/divorce confirmed their flakiness and shallowness.

There are plenty of nice looking women who are independent and successful ... and not shallow twits .... to use as roll models. The only good thing about these nitwits .. they aren't living off the taxpayer and have found their schtick (and they've found people who actually buy into their non-celebrity celebrity status)

I picture a line of useless barbies for lil' girls to 'admire
- all pretty in their own way, all with their own money making schtick
and all pretty much useless

Kardashian sisters
Sarah Palin
Paris Hilton
Michelle Bachmann
Cindi Lauper
SNOOKI and the rest of those Jersey Shore wastes of air
Soap Opera line .... Sharon Newman (Y&R) ... Erika Cain (off air) ... etc

Heck .. how about a Jesse Ventura 'Ken' Doll? God help us all.

edit on 1/7/2012 by FlyersFan because: added snooki ..

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I have no problem with a person capitalizing on their talent to make a living, the thing that gets under my skin as a woman and a human that has compassion for others, sometimes to my demise, is that these gals and others like them, have such a huge platform to get the worlds attention that could be used to ease human suffering or something to make the world a better place. Think Bono. Now I know some people can't stand him and I myself think his head has swelled a tad, but you can't deny the positive effect he has had on many peoples lives. And he does it with love and passion! At least I think so. I just think that if you are in the limelight and if you know that young people are looking toward you, be it just to admire your beauty, or to emulate you...that you have a responsibility to act in a respectable manner for the most part. I have been continually dumbfounded by the long string of products Kim and her sisters have hocked: Credit card, cheek plumper,some diet aide, swimwear, jewelry...etc. Nothing wrong with most of the products, but why? Why attach your name to something unless you 1. Need the money 2. Have a passion for the company or product. We've all seen aged tv stars selling anything they can to pay the bills, but that's different. Because the girls are already filthy rich, it makes them lose credibility to sell whatever they can. I'm almost embarrassed for them. Does anyone get what I mean? Maybe their self centered, vulgar attitudes are part of their marketing. I don't know. I'm mainly referring to the youngest one here, not the young, young one, the youngest of the three, I think anyway, their images haven't burned in my mind, thank goodness. The few shows I saw of them, she was so potty mouth to her mother, talking about, I can't even say,...(swallowing something) it was so embarrassing, for her! Though she wasnt. I just don't know what happened there. It takes a lot to shock me these days and my jaw dropped several times. I think their biological father would cringe, make them wash the thick makeup off their faces and make them work for free at a nursing home or hospital. I saw a documentary on him, he seemed like a hard working, decent man with a good work ethic who remembered his roots.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I laughed so hard when I saw this article.
"Is that Kim Kardashian behind those nerdy glasses?"
thelook.today.msnbc.msn.com...

The article is dated two days after this thread was published. I wonder if Kim K. reads ATS?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I have a little phrase for the insignificant crap that is fed to us by the media everyday and i find myself saying this too much these days.

WHO CARES

i've heard the name Kardashian and that one of them is a slag-bag and thats as far as it goes.
the only problem now is i have pushed some information of importance out of my brain and added it with this hogwash knowledge just to reply to the topic

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join