It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Kardashian sisters to become Barbie dolls

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Not surprising that media and business savy individuals would find another opportunity to create merchandise, promote their brand and generate interest in their enterprise.

This thread is proof of that.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by just1cornell0

Yes, this is a "who cares?" topic, but I care that these women are being used to brainwash the minds of little girls into believing that being dumb is cool and you can get ahead with only your looks. This is why I've posted this thread. I wish the media would adjust its priorities and start pushing the message that it's cool to be smart.
Girls have enough issues with their bodies and fitting in as it is when they hit puberty. They don't need these wastes of space to make it any more difficult to look in the mirror and say "Yes, I'm beautiful!".

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

at least the dolls will be realistic as to IQ, empty heads.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

just to clarify, when i say 'who cares' i wasnt having a go at this topic i understood why you started it. my point is if more people ignored this garbage then the society would be better off. Children should be 'idolising' scientists, doctors, nurses and others that make or have made a difference. when i was growing up i had things like 'Animal Hospital' on tv, so i wanted to be a vet. nowadays its act-like-a-twonk-and-get-famous-for-nothing tv.... there's no hope.

a good example of my 'Who Cares' was the other day my girlfriend started to mention about beyonce having a baby, before she finished saying i said to her "Babe, what am i going to say about this?", she said "Who Cares", "Exactly" was my reply. i dont know anything about that already 'famous' baby and i dont want to

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
I laughed so hard when I saw this article.
"Is that Kim Kardashian behind those nerdy glasses?"
thelook.today.msnbc.msn.com...

The article is dated two days after this thread was published. I wonder if Kim K. reads ATS?

Hmmm.....interesting. She stole my brainy librarian look! I don't think kim reads. (Ats that is, Lol!!) Seriously though, probably one of her many entourage/handlers google daily to see what people think about her. Hence the fake public 'protest' to her mom about posing for playboy. Please! Did the sex video not have good enough lighting? Kim, if you are reading this, shame on you! You have the means to make a huge difference in the world. Oh what's the use! you're probably looking at your reflection in the computer screen.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by just1cornell0

before she finished saying i said to her "Babe, what am i going to say about this?", she said "Who Cares", "Exactly" was my reply.

That's so funny! I understand what you meant now.
Keep it real.

To Miss Sile:
You're probably right. I was thinking it was her publicist or handler who may have seen the thread and told her to go out in public and try on "nerdy" glasses. What a joke!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
This thread HAS had some positive benefit on someone who already thought that triple K are not good role models....let me explain....I have many times in the past thought that improving ones inner beauty, through charity, spirituality, or just basically cleaning the mud off of peoples shoes, or paws (metaphorically) behind closed doors would make a person more attractive. And guess what? It does. I didn't know that though when I was young and dumb. Well, this thread got my brain fired up about learning math. I was an A student in math up to the first semester of geometry, became violently ill, was out of school for a month and when I came back wad totally lost. The sad part is that I asked the teacher for help after school and she wouldn't give it to me, said to ask my classmates, who were totally useless in explaining the new concepts. I quickly slid down to a C, D, then F. It was very frustrating because I had liked math up to that point.

Fast forward to now; I was thinking of how I hardly think twice about getting a chemical peel or similar facial treatment, but the thought of putting down a few hundred for a college course of Adobe Illustrator or such I have talked myself out of. Now though,....and this was instigated by Afterthoughts comment on Danica McKeller.....I'm excited at the idea of getting good at math again! In addition to forming new neural pathways, it will boost my confidence. AND the effects don't wear off in six months to a year like a peel or microdermabrasion!
Something to think about, young girls out there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join