It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

X-37B spaceplane 'spying on China'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

In any case, a few minutes checking shows the whole story to be bogus... Apart from an approximate agreement in orbital inclination, the two can hardly be described as "nearly identical".

The conclusion is not proven, but the evidence is sufficient for the editor of Spaceflight:

"Space-to-space surveillance is a whole new ball game made possible by a finessed group of sensors and sensor suites, which we think the X-37B may be using to maintain a close watch on China's nascent space station," said Spaceflight editor Dr David Baker...

..."The parallels with X-37B are clear," Dr Baker says in Spaceflight, the long established magazine of the British Interplanetary Society.

"With a period differential of about 19 seconds, the two vehicles will migrate toward or against each other, converging or diverging, roughly every 170 orbits."

Consequently your reference to the relative positions of the two craft, while thoughtful, appears to have led you to an overly hasty conclusion. And apart from the professional analysis referred to, there is no doubting the motive.

reply to post by zorgon

X37B can change orbits at will though I doubt it is spying on China's platform. We have better satellites for that

The contention is that new surveillance technology is being tested/used beyond the capabilities of what has gone before. Even NASA admits to that much (—just refusing to say for what purpose).

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

The OP has made no reference to that fictional plane whatsoever.

Sorry - the person who posted the original pic of the plane (or tried to) - not the OP of the thread - my mistake in terminology

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Sorry, I don't think I was clear enough. What I meant was why does the US appear to put ever greater emphasis on military solutions rather than engaging in substantive diplomatic discussions over perceived threats to its interests? No-one can deny China is investing very heavily in its military and seeking to expand its sphere of influence. But this type of intensive spying operation could easily be perceived as provocative, as you suggest, leading to an ever greater deterioration in relations.

You could argue its good for the economy and it keeps 'the hawks' happy. But is this what the American people want to see — war-mongering as a response to the expansion of a new super-power?

Maybe it's because the murderous leaders of China have already stated their goal of colonizing North America and slaughtering the current inhabitants.

A better question is why do liberals love tyrants and human rights abusing communist nations?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders

Sorry, I don't think I was clear enough. What I meant was why does the US appear to put ever greater emphasis on military solutions rather than engaging in substantive diplomatic discussions over perceived threats to its interests?

Maybe it's because the murderous leaders of China have already stated their goal of colonizing North America and slaughtering the current inhabitants.

I completely missed that - where is that stated??

OTOH I think the correct answer is because the US political system is itself conflict ridden and combative, that they simply are not trained to think in diplomatic terms - European diplomacy, for all it's screw ups, has the example of 500 years of internecine warfare behind it giving all sorts of examples of how to, and how not to, conduct diplomacy.

The USA needs many more wasteful, expensive and pointless wars before it learns the same lessons.

edit on 5-1-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I guess you guys didnt see the major headline today that the US is going to reduce but streamline its military and the new focus is going to be.....you guessed it!!! ASIA

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Yeah - Stealth was a good movie, and the F/A-37 Talon looks cool.

I'm not sure if the OP was serious or not thinking that plane is real tho - you never know around here!

Snopes - FA-37 - False
Looks like the "pentagon source" pulled his pictures from the movie / snopes.com as well.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Someone brought it up in another thread, I want to see what location the X-37 was at during the raid on Bin Laden. I searched alot of sites and the ones I found dont show previous passes of sats. Just really curious, probably has nothing to do with the raid but maybe!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Yeah I saw it...and the point of you highlighting it is what?

2nd

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Sorry, I don't think I was clear enough. What I meant was why does the US appear to put ever greater emphasis on military solutions rather than engaging in substantive diplomatic discussions over perceived threats to its interests?

I completely missed that - where is that stated??

OTOH I think the correct answer is because the US political system is itself conflict ridden and combative, that they simply are not trained to think in diplomatic terms - European diplomacy, for all it's screw ups, has the example of 500 years of internecine warfare behind it giving all sorts of examples of how to, and how not to, conduct diplomacy.

The USA needs many more wasteful, expensive and pointless wars before it learns the same lessons.

The US government is run by traitors who take their orders from the city of London Inc. (Not to be confused with London itself in Great Britain.)

The link to the actualy quoted speech from the Chinese premier is more difficult to find. I think they are scrubbing it from the internet. Still there are remnants.

www.thehighroad.org...
www.eutimes.net...

The colonization process is going forward with the full cooporation with our traitors in government.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

The existence of the speech is, at least, disputed - theglitteringeye.com...

www.physicsforums.com...

I had no trouble at all finding the whole text of the supposed speech that you say is being removed from the internet - a google search for "chi haotian speech 2005" gives 101,000 results!

Sadly typical of the more interesting claims on ATS

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

It used to display prominently with more direct search like. China to Colonize America. You may dispute the source but actions speak louder than words. The Chinese are already here and their troops have been seen in Mexico and will probably shortly be found in their colonies in the US itself.

In fact China has been granted unprecedented control of port facilities in the US for the purpose of exporting their trinkets. This control is unprecedented and I don't doubt that the Chinese military is heavily entrenched in these areas. But Americans are asleep while our leaders continue their betrayal.

freedomleadershipconference.org...

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   

reply to post by TheMindWar

That's war-mongering if ever I heard it. (You seem to live up to your screen name.)

Whatever happened to diplomacy?..

edit on 5/1/12 by pause4thought because: (no reason given)

what is there to talk about, fire some lasers or a compressed gas cartridge that releases it contents into the vehicle and subdues the occupants, then its Pirate time, raid the capsule.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1
In any case, a few minutes checking shows the whole story to be bogus....

Apart from an approximate agreement in orbital inclination, the two can hardly be described as "nearly identical".

Spot on, and it's even worse than that:

Posted only minutes ago...

Bloopers in Space

POSTED BY: James Oberg / Fri, January 06, 2012

spectrum.ieee.org...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Nice debunk Jim... (and self promo
)

Hey what does an article like that pay these days?
I been thinking I might try a few myself

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Of course we are spying on China....as well as Russia...and a host of others. We retired the SR-71 over a decade or more ago...and you think we have not replaced it?

China can track when out SATS are over head thus hide certain things dependent on time. These type of craft allow surprise stealthy observation.

There is a craft....at the Groom Lake Facility....that is using a form of Nuclear Pulse detonation for propultion. A year or so back....a private SAT company caught an immage of tiny equally distant puffs of smake...leaving Area 51....flying at super high altitude acrosss the U.S. towards the Atlantic...crossing that ocean and continuing all the way across China and back around the globe to Nevada....one long but short timed Global circumvent.

Speed was approximated in excess of 10,000 mph. This craft has been named by Military Mags as Aurora....although that is not the real name of the craft but just a line title in the money books.

Several new generation craft on the drawing board or in actual production...will make use of a Nuclear Powered Free Electron Laser. I have told some people about this and they scoff as if it is SCI-FI....it is real....and quite possibly the most dangerous weapon on Planet Earth. Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Sorry, I don't think I was clear enough. What I meant was why does the US appear to put ever greater emphasis on military solutions rather than engaging in substantive diplomatic discussions over perceived threats to its interests? No-one can deny China is investing very heavily in its military and seeking to expand its sphere of influence. But this type of intensive spying operation could easily be perceived as provocative, as you suggest, leading to an ever greater deterioration in relations.

You could argue its good for the economy and it keeps 'the hawks' happy. But is this what the American people want to see — war-mongering as a response to the expansion of a new super-power?

A better question is why do liberals love tyrants and human rights abusing communist nations?

Your 1st error: Implying that a preference for diplomacy over and against militarism = a love for tyrants & human rights abuses.

You completely fail to comprehend that in preferring military responses you effectively advocate the megalomaniac violent intent of the industrial military complex. So much for human rights. —Try asking hundreds of thousands of dead Iraqis / Afghans, not to mention the thousands of dead US soldiers, about their human rights.

Your 2nd error: Equating diplomacy with a weak or ineffective response.

Your 3rd error: Equating a distaste for militarism with 'liberalism'. That, I'm afraid, is a somewhat patronizing attempt to denigrate anyone who questions the legitimacy, or even the correctness of military responses to international tensions.

This guy puts it better than I ever could:

(Video taken from this OP.)

edit on 7/1/12 by pause4thought because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I have now read the as-published Spaceflight article and its technical argument is as unjustified as it originally looked, based on the second-hand BBC account [which was very professionally accurate].

The one-page article [no author], entitled "Is X-37B stalking China's space station?", describes the X-37B and Tiangong-1 as being "in almost exactly the same orbit", with the X-37B having "the ability to approach Tiangong-1 for diagnostic tracking and systems monitoring." [graf 1]. It then describes maneuvers by X-37B that "would bring it into a co-planar orbit with Tiangong-1." [graf 3]

The specific claim that the two vehicles are in the same orbit and co-planar is factually false.

The inititial impressions of a 'horrendous' mistake in orbital mechanics are validated by the actual article.

By the way: An introduction to the article, by 'THE EDITOR' on page 1, actually endorses the theorized mission as prudent and justified, and applauds it.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
looks like they shot the Russian space probe down.
China needs to put a probe and radar in a satellite
and have the satellite with a zoom camera.
so they can film the X-37B shooting at them with a rail gun.
a rail gun strike would look like a micro meteor strike.

then they can show the world what america is doing.
they need to be STOPPED! they are the next Germany/ Rome.
one day there will be a war trail. and people will be shot!

Link POPSCI

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join