It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama gives himself authority to supercede Congress

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Long story short, he cannot get the other 2 branches to do what he wants. This is a sidestep tactic to get what he wants. What irritates me most, Bush filled a few positions like this with the excuse noone was in DC. National security, other crap. Just a way to get people into places that helped them push their crap agendas. Just more 'look what I can do and you can't do nothing about it.' Maybe they'll finally impeach his sorry hide.
www.washingtontimes.com...
edit on 5-1-2012 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

once the ball starts rolling down hill there is no way to stop it till it hits bottom, have you not had enough of this ? get out and vote vote all of them out put all new in this is the only way to stop this.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I believe we call these people tyrants. Shouldn't he have been impeached long ago? What's wrong with this government? Oh yeah, they're corrupt...

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
In this instance Congress was not officially in recess which makes Obama's appointments and flagrant ignorance of our procedures and constitution much worse. Welcome to the Imperial presidency of Barack Obama.

Someone please tell Emperor Obama that he is walking around town naked!!!!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

So, if in your post you state (correctly) that Bush did the samre thing, then why does your headline read "Obama gives himself authority to supercede Congress"?

Clearly Obama didn't "give himself" anything, he just took advantage of an existing loophole, as many presidents have done before him.

I agree that it's not the right move on his part, but you distort it to make it sound like Obama created this policy out of thin air right after he wiped with the Constitution.

Just seems intellectually dishonest.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jtap66

***Obama just "installed" four new people into important positions while Congress was on recess. Main-stream news is describing this as an UNPRECEDENTED unconstitutional power grab.***
Well, apparently not the exact same way. They shut the door on Bush too eventually. It's all in how they want to interpret the Constitution. Rather twist it, not interpret. Wrong word. Intellectually dishonest would be openly lying and deceiving. I would consider this act to be just that. Do something on the assumption WTP don't understand what's going on because we're not "professional politicians." Intellectually dishonest seems to fit better there from my point of view. He found a new way to apply George's ideology.
edit on 5-1-2012 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
If you ever want to see that Ron Paul if elected will accomplish some changes... You need as many loopholes as you can find..

So be careful what you wish/abolish for.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Understand that. But this isn't unprecedented. It's happened before. Obama didn't invent this is my point. Sure, it's twisting the rules, but let's not play the "blame Obama for everything" game.

link   
Obama had to bypass congress, to get some progress.

link   
well I knew from the moment the lies started spewing out of his mouth to the fleecing of our money and our system that this was his next move to ensure he bypasses the next election, its the only way he can keep the office and rid himself and the PTTB of their enemies
America is History and its all your fault

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
The ship is sinking. It won't "self-right." Nobody in Washington--except the good Doctor--is working for us. History never fails to repeat itself.

ALL Super-Powers eventually cave in on themselves. 15 years ago a Romanian friend of mine warned me that he was seeing the unmistakable signs of collapse and control in the U.S. I laughed at his assertion that our freedoms would be stripped away. That could never happen here...

...You were right my friend and I was the laughing fool.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint

Oh for sure, obongo will progress us all the way into the fema camps.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
This is nothing new. He bypassed congress as well when he decided to destroy one of the most beautiful, self sustained countries in the world. Lybia

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

This just his latest outrage and is truly unprecedented. He has no regard from Congress, his own supporters, or the American people. He has repeatedly usurped the constitution and fundamental precepts of the republic.

We theoretically have separation of powers so that these things will not happen. Obama is out of control and many of his actions border on treason.

No matter where you are on the political spectrum you should be very afraid of what he has become He believes he is a monarch not a US president and needs to be stopped at the polls. He needs to be ousted by us all or we will be to blame for the demise of the American democracy.

VOTE him OUT or we all will be hanged in the halls of history for our complacency.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

from your post

Someone please tell Emperor Obama that he is walking around town naked!!!!
kind of hard to do when everyone else is too, if you do point it, DHS might come get you.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Not necessarily, Obama did not want to compromise with the GOP. The GOP wanted a board of 5 people to oversee the Brand new Consumer Protection Bureau to avoid giving all of the power to one individual. We will never fully know the true scope of his authority any time soon. This will be bad for jobs and most likely our economy too.

Sadly, Obama seems to think that he's the smartest man in the room. Clearly he is not and in fact he is moving like a lame duck president would at the end of a second term. Obama is not to concerned with the reelection repercussions of his executive actions and preference to ignore the constitution.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
He promised 'change; and we got it... its funny how main stream media talks about Ron Pauls past... yet.. where did this guy come from?? We know nothing about him 10 years + ago.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
This is actually one of the few times where I applaud Obama. Those entire GOP "proforma sessions" are ridiculous and abuse the process.

Loving the GOP crocodile tears

(Still think Obama's bad overall.)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod

once the ball starts rolling down hill there is no way to stop it till it hits bottom, have you not had enough of this ? get out and vote vote all of them out put all new in this is the only way to stop this.

This won't stop Them. It will just put different scum in office. The way to stop this is to take the power away from Them entirely (the power to bribe...). Money is anathema to freedom, allowing a power elite to exist with profit motives. If We get free energy from black ops (the science of electrogravitics), We can add abundantly what money represents/accounts for: meaningful energy expended in an energy-scarce society.

For more, please read My thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Yeah why have a congress at all then? Let just let the president do whatever he wants. No supreme court and no congress.

On the case :
Congress is NOT in recess.

President Obama will appoint Richard Cordray to be head of a controversial consumer consumer financial protection agency despite the fact that Congress is not officially in recess.

White House Communications Director Dan Pfeiffer tweeted the widely expected announcement on Wednesday before the president headed out on a campaign-style event to Ohio.

"We Can't Wait: Today in Ohio, President Obama will announce the recess appointment of Consumer Watchdog Richard Cordray," he tweeted. Cordray was to appear with Obama during the official announcement in Cordray's home state.

The Constitution does not expressly forbid such an appointment, which would technically come as an intrasession posting. But the defiant move is sure to raise questions of executive power and whether the administration is overstepping its authority.

What about the president power?
US constitution

The President shall have Power to fill up all Vacancies that may happen during the Recess of the Senate, by granting Commissions which shall expire at the End of their next Session.

The senate ain't in recess, so Obama is CLEARLY abusing executive power.

Congress need to man up and IMPEACH him.
edit on 5-1-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join