It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bomb explodes at American Center in Nepal, minor damage (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Bomb exploded in an american office in Nepal.
No casualties.
Toilet damaged...

news.xinhuanet.com
Suspected anti-government insurgents exploded a bomb Friday evening at the American Information Center, a semi-official US organization based in Nepal's capital of Kathmandu, but causing no casualties.

The bomb was thrown from outside the eastern side wall of the center compound in Gyaneshwar of downtown Kathmandu at around 5:30 p.m. local time (1145GMT), an official of the center told Xinhua.

The explosion has damaged the roof of a toilet in the center and there was no major damage or human casualty in the incident, the official said on condition of anonymity.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Seems like they target american toilets now.
Luckily no one was there

[edit on 2004/9/11 by Hellmutt]

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Disguntled Nepalese seeking revenge for the recent assissination of the Nepalese truck drivers? Maybe an al Qaeda cell in Nepal? Is there a population of Muslims in Nepal?

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Disguntled Nepalese seeking revenge for the recent assissination of the Nepalese truck drivers? Maybe an al Qaeda cell in Nepal? Is there a population of Muslims in Nepal?

The first one is a good guess as to a possible motive for this Grady.

As far as the Muslim population, this is from the CIA World Factbook:

Religions:
Hinduism 86.2%, Buddhism 7.8%, Islam 3.8%, other 2.2%
note: only official Hindu state in the world (1995)
www.cia.gov...

[edit on 11-9-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 12:28 AM
link   
BTW, you may want to edit the title (Bomb explodes at American Center in Nepal) to something less alarming.

I expected a major bomb attack when I clicked on the thread.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Take no offence, but this is what the world has come too:equating Muslims with terror, how disgusting. What we are seeing here are more than likely, the Moaists Rebels who want to overthrow the constitutional monarchy and replace it with a doctrinial Communist dictatorship.

Hey, thier obviously not trained by Al Queda of they only managed to blow up a Toilet.

lol

Deep

[edit on 11-9-2004 by ZeroDeep]

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
BTW, you may want to edit the title (Bomb explodes at American Center in Nepal) to something less alarming.

Changed it.
Is it ok now?
I don�t know how to make it less alarming than this.

How about:
"American toilet blew up by terrorists in Nepal. Bastards!"

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
Hey, thier obviously not trained by Al Queda of they only managed to blow up a Toilet.

Maybe it was their first job?
We better find them before they blow up something bigger...
I bet they�re hiding now.
Hiding in shame...

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt

Originally posted by AceOfBase

Changed it.
Is it ok now?

Perfect now, thanks.

It's just that this is the anniversary of 9/11 and there was recently a fairly large bombing in Indonesia, many might be alarmed at the old title.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The place sonds like a CIA front to me. We lived in Yougoslavia from 1976to late 1979. Htere waas one of those in Skopje where we lived. Nice quiet couple with 1 kid. Very low key. Now that Im older and reflect back, man they had CIA written all over them.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Strange no one has claimed responsibility for the toilet-bombing yet...

new topics

top topics

join