It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unconfirmed: WWIII Has Indeed Begun:

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

APO has areason to express his frustration. It is people like him and my Buddie Plad who have to go far from home to set problems straight to protect many people who take their freedoms for advantage.

I was once in a S. American country that is a very big tourist area for the world. Venture just a mile outside of the protected by machine gun beach area and you will see poverty unimaginable.

Yet when the U.S. brings up this at the U.N....we are told to mind our own buisness. Poverty is ripe for those who would subvert it to their agenda...as is happening in the Middle East. Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

It is people like him and my Buddie Plad who have to go far from home to set problems straight to protect many people who take their freedoms for advantage.

I too am a veteran.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by apodictic

I find ATS is a great place to express my anger over complete stupidity, since I'm not exactly allowed to do it with my job

I don't really have a lot of say in the real world so it's nice to be a complete loudmouth and say what's on my mind

Well said fine sir! Best post on ATS in history

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Dachende

Yeah how hypocritical of me to back up my claims with factual evidence.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

It is people like him and my Buddie Plad who have to go far from home to set problems straight to protect many people who take their freedoms for advantage.

I too am a veteran.

I am not Military but I am a "Civilian" that often works with the best of them. I cannot express the dedication and selflessness of these people. When I get called...and I am old enough now to turn it down...I always go as the few times I did not...I spent the whole time pacing and worrying.

Since I am much older that these most capable of Soldiers...they look to me more than they do their CO....and thankfully...I have only had one problem with a CO's ego. The others were smart enough to addapt to changing circumstances as this is what I am there for in the first place.

I am a part of something that is necessary although sometimes distastful...but those are the prices you pay when you take on responsibility and I would rather it be me grunting and groaning as these young guy's fly across terrain as if it was nothing because I feel that I will give them the best chance of getting home.

If you were a soldier then you know how things can become a cluster #@&$ on occasion with various officers having their own ideas on how it should go down. They are not used to dealing with someone who will not take their crap and many times I have had to bitch some out as I do not salute. In the end...I wish the world was a more peaceful place so I would not have to do this anymore. Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

sorry swim champ...I dont buy your bravado... US Military has forgotten all about how to fight against the Communist. All the battle tactics are not being schooled...China has isolated its self from MSM with regard to its True military might. You dont know squat about its capabilities. Nobody does. Russia sold off old and bought new. You show off your arrogance with fast talk and ignore one simple fact. Our US of A is BROKE. PERIOD. It could reenact a draft but could not feed its Army for long. It could throw out some hi-tech ordnance in a few volleys and then what?

USA quit Iraq because it couldnt fight there and on another front and the world knows it and would exploit it on a dime.

Nope I dont buy you story of how superior USA is and how stone age China and Russia are...nope NO SALE

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender

sorry swim champ...I dont buy your bravado... US Military has forgotten all about how to fight against the Communist. All the battle tactics are not being schooled...China has isolated its self from MSM with regard to its True military might. You dont know squat about its capabilities. Nobody does. Russia sold off old and bought new. You show off your arrogance with fast talk and ignore one simple fact. Our US of A is BROKE. PERIOD. It could reenact a draft but could not feed its Army for long. It could throw out some hi-tech ordnance in a few volleys and then what?

USA quit Iraq because it couldnt fight there and on another front and the world knows it and would exploit it on a dime.

Nope I dont buy you story of how superior USA is and how stone age China and Russia are...nope NO SALE

And you base your assumption on what? You have knowledge of what any of these countries capabilities are because?

Provide some background or at the very least a line of logic. You have no clue. Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

I wont make this an argument but nothing I have said hasnt already been hashed out here on ATS and has plenty of visibility on the MSM.........now pay strict attention to this video. It says a lot of things. just turn down the volume and watch.

Chinese Army Training

never never underestimate an opponent::::isnt this a Chinese proverb?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

With all due respect, I don't understand the point of that video. I see some snipers at the beginning with jokes for ghille suits, some bad 90s era camo utilities, and then the rest of the video is them firing some 90s era QBZ-95s. And so what a few of them can sit there with a shell casing balanced on the muzzle? That won't help much when their targets are moving, or someone already has a visual on them because they stick out like sore thumbs.

In any sense, they wouldn't last against my boys. They are inexperienced and don't have very good equipment. The QBZ is a pretty durable weapon system, I'll give it that. But that's about all I can say. It all comes down to combat experience in the end.

edit on 8-1-2012 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender

I wont make this an argument but nothing I have said hasnt already been hashed out here on ATS and has plenty of visibility on the MSM.........now pay strict attention to this video. It says a lot of things. just turn down the volume and watch.

Chinese Army Training

never never underestimate an opponent::::isnt this a Chinese proverb?

Rebel...it was kind of you to post this vid. I however after watching it....feel like I heve just watched what the U.S. Military looked and trained like just before NAM.

I am not sure what you think anything in this video provides as ANYTHING that is either Highly Trained or efficient as well as this video exhibiting anything that would be considered Cutting Edge Military Weaponry.

I am looking at out dated Sniper Rifles and Chinese Soldiers shooting at targets tied up to makeshift wooden branches. I know you ment well and were trying to participate in a CIVILIZED DEBATE....but this video only underscores how behind China is to the U.S. Military.

I am not saying this like some Sports Fan....cheering on their team and boasting of it's capabilities....I am just providing FACTS and some tid bits of information that I cannot go further into because of their classification. I am not some war mongering cheerleader. I hate war as I have seen it's effects up close.

THIS...is why it is so important for certain rival countries to the United States are made aware of just how in advance the U.S. Military truly is never mind the Very Ultra-Secretive BLACK PROGRAMS. Many of these Black projects are now fully functional and limitedly deployed for the moment. In the avent of an ALL OUT WAR...the U.S. would take off the gloves and possibly use a few of these Secret options....but for what the U.S. Military is confronting in IRAN and NORTH KOREA....the U.S. could use conventional forces with very good sucesss.

If the situation in either countries turned Nuclear or Biological in form of Warfare...then deployment of no longer a very well kept secret....miniture but EXTREMELY POWERFUL E.M.P. bombs....these of course create a massive Electro-Magnetic Pulse that renders all electronics worthless...this means trucks, Tanks, Radar, Targeting systems for artillery and even firing electronics as well as all planes, ships...etc...USELESS!

The only other way to get this effect is to explode a Nuclear Bomb far above a target...with the proximity of S. Korea as well as Seoul to the DMZ....nukes are off the table as well as the possibility of contaminating Middle Eastern Oil....but believe me...the U.S. Military has weapons that are far more powerful and useful than a Nuclear Bomb. Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by apodictic

The more telling point, which keeps being avoided, is the fact that there is no money to finance expensive foreign wars. The money is fast running out to finance the current level of defense spending...period.

All the training in the world matters not if there is no "home" economy to support battlefield deployment.

The war has already been fought, the "west" has lost this cycle, everything currently occurring is no more than "bread & circuses" to appease the masses.

Sabre rattling is wonderfully distracting, keeps the public eye away from the domestic problems, but very, very expensive. Unsustainable in the long term.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
The only other way to get this effect is to explode a Nuclear Bomb far above a target...with the proximity of S. Korea as well as Seoul to the DMZ....nukes are off the table as well as the possibility of contaminating Middle Eastern Oil....but believe me...the U.S. Military has weapons that are far more powerful and useful than a Nuclear Bomb. Split Infinity

And they are all worthless in a war of economics.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Noncompatible

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

And they are all worthless in a war of economics.

OK....lets look at this Economic War....what would happen if the U.S. stopped allowing Chinese goods shipments to the U.S. and what would happen if the U.S. just decided to stop making payments to Chinese banks that financed part of the U.S. Budget deficit?

To the U.S....there would be little to moderate negative effect....to the Chinese....DEVESTATION! China cannot go to war with the U.S. because not only does the U.S. hold all the Military Cards....but we ALREADY HAVE THEIR MONEY!

Gee....I am sue a lot of people in the industrial cities of the U.S. would be just ALL BROKEN UP if CHEEP Chinese labor were no longer an issue and these U.S. Citizens could go back to work.

It is very hard to collect a debt if you are DEAD! Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I was going to respond but it seems as if you hit the nail on the head here.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Well said sir!

I mean, how STOOPID are the Chinese that they put just about all their cookies in the American jar???

Great thinking on the Americans part...suck as much investment out of China as possible, then when the cookie's crumbling, just close the cupboard door, and say haard fluck!

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join