It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

911 call released after mother kills intruder

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

911 call released after mother kills intruder

www.kfor.com

BLANCHARD, Okla. -- Authorities have released a portion of the 911 call just before a mother shot and killed an intruder. Police say Sarah McKinley, 18, shot and killed Justin Martin, 24, after he entered her home Saturday.

The Grady County Sheriff's Office says McKinley called for help when Martin and another man were pounding on her door.

She was home alone with her baby.

McKinley told the dispatcher, "I've got two guns in my hand, is it OK to shoot him if he comes in this door?"

"Well you have to do whatever you can do to protect yourself. I can't tell you that you can d
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
This woman is a hero! Such calmness and composure to even give her baby a bottle as she was grabbing her guns! I'm so proud of this fearless young woman, a young lioness protecting her cub!

If you don't own a gun get one, a big one. She took a thug off the street instead of being a victim.

A few seconds in my door.. Kaboom. Yes indeed. Brave woman!

www.kfor.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 4-1-2012 by Hiasyouwant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Hiasyouwant

Just be sure to learn how to use it first.
Having a gun and not knowing how to use it is as bad as not having one at all.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

If you don't own a gun get one

I agree...Possible Mom of the Year Award..?

But get your license first and then training if you have never handled a firearm. Otherwise we're gonna end up with a bunch of scenarios that could have been avoided.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Agreed. As a husband I would definitely teach my wife to use a gun and handle a gun..or hell any woman I'm clsoe to perhaps I'll make it a point to teach them. Hope that doesn't bite me in the arse one day.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
You have to do what you have to do.
I would have done the same thing, But i dont have a gun yet.

My and the girlfriend are going to get one so we can learn and shoot together for recreation. And just to have for protection.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

This killing was definitely justifiable, especially when there is a 3 month year old son involved. The mother is absolutely not only for herself, but for the child. That kid will grow up to see that his mother truly loves him and would kill another human being for her son. What an amazing story.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Well what strikes me is the fact that this woman is her 0 hesitation and what seemed to be absolute composure. Meanwhile other people are on he whole "no guns in this household" bull crap, this does not come from those living in poverty; trust me.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

This is awesome news! Too bad she wasnt able to kill the other burgler.

With the economy the way it is, home burglaries are at an alltime High. You really really wan't to get a gun. A hand gun or shotgun is the best bet for home defense, you won't have to worry to much about penetration and hurting innocents.

The more burglers get killed this way, the more they will be afraid to commit the crime in the first place.

top topics

join