It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Controlled quantum levitation... Real, or faked? You decide...

page: 1
1

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I stumbled across this on Youtube...

Controlled quantum levitation

It looks a little fake, but I know quantum 'locking' has been achieved in the past. It probably looks fake because, if true, it would be a real shift in technology; the nice kind. Seeing as it's a conspiracy website, what are your thoughts on the government approving the release of this with no prior intervention from the military?

In my opinion, it's doubtful that this will be used in the public domain on a grand scale for many years to come.

Thoughts?




posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The video is fake. But quantum levitation and quantum locking is real.



posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by boyg2004
 


I believe this has been posted before on ATS.



And there's plenty of vids on youtube if you want to look.



posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AaronWilson
 


Quite a feat of CGI to fake such a thing, and to be so entirely sure of it. I'll accept that it Could be fake, but why would somebody go to such an effort?



posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580
 


I don't think levitating, or 'locking' a super-cooled disc is even Nearly the same as guiding it round a magnetic track in a controlled fashion; accelerating, shifting sidewards, taking corners. Plus... The 'Wipeout' theme is uber cool.



posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by boyg2004
 


Nope.
But it does show proof of concept.

With the right innovations that could be a reality.



posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
So, you're definitely in the 'fake' school then? Tell me why? I genuinely can't decide, because it looks too... perfect. I am right on the fence with this one. If it's a hoax, it's a damned good one, and time consuming at that.



posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580
 


Is the video you posted real, or faked? Thanks.



posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Its all real, we have known about it for a while now











edit on 4-1-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by boyg2004


Seeing as it's a conspiracy website, what are your thoughts on the government approving the release of this with no prior intervention from the military?

 


Um. I don't think the military minded. A supercooled superconductor + magnet isn't the newest thing around. Also, can't think of many weapons needed this technology any time soon.

Can you?




posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeenyus2008
reply to post by grey580
 


Is the video you posted real, or faked? Thanks.


I actually don't know. It looks so amazing that I can't make my mind up



posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
this looks real and not cgi, there in no way is any effect of cgi IMO. No pixelation, no change between focus of object and/or background/foreground. The motion looks very natural. Looks more like magnets. but there are no strings and not invisible stick guiding it. As he picks it up and puts it down multiple times without hesitation. People walking by in the background do look somewhat intrigued. So if it was camera tricks the real people at the convention would've noticed whatever would be hiding out of view of the camera. I vote genuine and if not genuine i still vote no cgi...that's just me



posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
Its all real, we have known about it for a while now





Whoa... The upside down levitation makes me think this is definitely real. It seems, going by my original video, that they've introduced directionality and voltage/current control to bring about the ability to manipulate the super-cooled medium.

Super cool indeed.

Myth... Confirmed...



posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by boyg2004


Seeing as it's a conspiracy website, what are your thoughts on the government approving the release of this with no prior intervention from the military?

 


Um. I don't think the military minded. A supercooled superconductor + magnet isn't the newest thing around. Also, can't think of many weapons needed this technology any time soon.

Can you?



How about a frictionless rail gun, accelerating shells to massive speeds? Remember Saddam? Or how about an orbital un-manned launch platform? (g-forces would be too high for manned platforms). Or how about a centrifuge for producing nuclear grade+ materials? Or how about quantum locking of propellors or turbines for power generation in the field? Oil rigs, gas rigs, tanks, jet engines?

Use your imagination, it can run riot.



posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfoRobinHood
this looks real and not cgi, there in no way is any effect of cgi IMO. No pixelation, no change between focus of object and/or background/foreground. The motion looks very natural. Looks more like magnets. but there are no strings and not invisible stick guiding it. As he picks it up and puts it down multiple times without hesitation. People walking by in the background do look somewhat intrigued. So if it was camera tricks the real people at the convention would've noticed whatever would be hiding out of view of the camera. I vote genuine and if not genuine i still vote no cgi...that's just me


I don't think it's CGI either, and if it is then it's a great attempt. I totally agree that everything looks natural, except the evaporating nitrogen, but that's probably because we don't normally see it in that context.



posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I love how at the begginig it says japan institute of science and technology, and at the end you see in the background a drumset from rockband/guitar hero. As to the actual video. Im on the fence, while the technology is proven to be real, some of the shots just look fake.
edit on 4-1-2012 by NoNameBrand because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
1

log in

join