It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Hampshire Primary, January 10

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
lol Rick Perry finally made it onto the bottom of the leaderboard. It took 15% of the state votes for him to pass "Others" into 6th place. Oh dear...

He skipped NH and is focusing on SC. The news blog I read said that debates were a major influence in the state when someone was undecided.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Nice... sweet even... 18% of the results in and Romney on the soapbox claiming victory...

if he were at 50% I could see it... but not at less than 40%...

sad.....

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sam_inc

This is a minor contest.
A warmup. A trial run.
You have to understand that this kind of support for a real person, the only real person in the race, is a victory for the people on the ground that make it happen.

link   
I think Romney pretty much won the entire nomination tonight.

He is leading in both South Carolina and Florida as of right now...this will get him a boost.

His biggest challenge in South Carolina is Santorum...a 5th place finish will drop him in the polls.

His biggest challenge in Florida is Gingrich...and he is imploding every single day.

Ron Paul is polling at 10% in both states and has already said he is going to "skip" Florida.

Huntsman is getting his 15 minutes of somewhat fame tonight...but I think that is as far as it goes.

Obama vs Romney in November.

link   
FTR:

New Hampshire - 58 of 301 Precincts Reporting - 19%
Name Party Votes Vote %
Romney , Mitt GOP 13,930 35%
Paul , Ron GOP 9,704 25%
Huntsman , Jon GOP 6,686 17%
Gingrich , Newt GOP 4,044 10%
Santorum , Rick GOP 3,966 10%
Perry , Rick GOP 263 1%
Roemer , Buddy GOP 158 0%
Total Write-ins GOP 155 0%

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

At least i feel better now knowing other people notice how 'sad' this moment is.

Romney is arrogant for making the speech now. pure arrogance.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
What i don't get is why vote for Romney? his pockets are lined with big money everywhere... same wacko's who've been destroying this country from the inside out for YEARS.

Because his message is very similar to the core message of the Republican Party (Republicans aren't going to vote for someone who calls themselves a Republican but don't align with the national platform.) There's also the factor that, when asked, people said they voted for him NOT because they liked him, but because they thought he could beat Obama.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

If I remember correctly, Paul said he would have to see how he does tonight and make a decision about Florida.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

At least i feel better now knowing other people notice how 'sad' this moment is.

How is he arrogant...they have all the data...they know what is going to happen.

It happens in every election...the winner is projected and they give their speech.

Now, I'm not saying it wouldn't be hilarious if he ends up losing...but this is normal procedure.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Looks like it's going to be a "meh" win for Romney - not too bad, not too good. Which he will naturally pass off as a victory.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Tesclo

That's not what his campaign said.

www.politico.com...

If Paul said something else...maybe they should get on the same page before making statments.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
I think Romney pretty much won the entire nomination tonight.

He is leading in both South Carolina and Florida as of right now...this will get him a boost.

His biggest challenge in South Carolina is Santorum...a 5th place finish will drop him in the polls.

His biggest challenge in Florida is Gingrich...and he is imploding every single day.

Ron Paul is polling at 10% in both states and has already said he is going to "skip" Florida.

Huntsman is getting his 15 minutes of somewhat fame tonight...but I think that is as far as it goes.

Obama vs Romney in November.

I think you're right, but it's going to be close. I have been surprised at Gingrich's numbers, but he seems to attract a lot of people. I'm not sure that any of them will quit until after SC, since tonight's numbers went pretty much as expected (according to the polls the past few weeks.)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Romney is the ideal candidate to secure 4 more years of Obama...

And if he should somehow win, it will be more of the same for the folks....

Change Congress first... who sits in the Oval Office is the least of the worry, but it's nice to see so many folks battling to keep Romney from having an easy road to the nomination..

Gives me hope

link   
Romney already with the 'Military so powerful' talk.

Thats the military industrial complex connected advisors on Romney's campaign talking.

Anybody remember Romney advisers and their connection to the $40 BILLION worth of military contracts?

edit on 10-1-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
Looks like it's going to be a "meh" win for Romney - not too bad, not too good. Which he will naturally pass off as a victory.

It seems like he is going to win by at least 10 points...exit polling suggests more.

How is that "meh"???

Do you know how hard it is to win by 10 points when there are 5 serious contenders in one small state???

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Romney's "yes we can" is "We Believe"

FTR...

New Hampshire - 65 of 301 Precincts Reporting - 22%
Name Party Votes Vote %
Romney , Mitt GOP 14,554 35%
Paul , Ron GOP 10,226 25%
Huntsman , Jon GOP 6,962 17%
Gingrich , Newt GOP 4,231 10%
Santorum , Rick GOP 4,148 10%
Perry , Rick GOP 277 1%
Roemer , Buddy GOP 170 0%
Total Write-ins GOP 160 0%

link   

35% isn't great, especially against a mainly poor field. Like I said it's "meh', average.

link   

Ron Paul is about to give his speech next.

Is he arrogant too?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
So Mitt wins Paul runs 3rd party and hands Obama a 2nd term. Good enough for me. Much better than sell out flip flopper Mitt. I'll never directly vote for Obama but I'll throw away my vote all day long.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

nope.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join