It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pagan symbols polluting christianity

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I decided to create this thread after long and intense contemplation of just how deeply these symbols are imbedded in the christian faith. I began doing research on the symbol of the cross to figure out how far back this symbol has been used and by what ancient religions. The answers i found were disconcerting to the say the least, and the cross pendant i actually got for christmas i took and flung it out of my yard and my sight as hard as i could throw it. Looking back i see that Jesus would never want us to hold onto something that was a handicap as well as an ancient pagan symbol and in some cases...an idol.

While doing a bit of research i found that the christian cross was never even used in the christian faith until Emperor Constantine saw a vision of the symbol in the clouds and heard a voice saying "in this sign you shall conquer". In fact as far as Jesus is concered his cross was probably dismantled and used to build the bier that took his body to his tomb and then desrtoyed. Not only this but the symbol of the cross is a giant t shape used in the babylonian religions as a symbol for Tammuz who was actually the son of Nimrod who was "deified" and Tammuz is one of the false Christ's of earlier times to cast shadows of doubt upon the true Messiah Jesus as planned by Lucifer.

Not just the cross but the symbol of the fish "Ichthys" was a symbol for Dagon, the Idol that the Ark of the Covenant had been placed next to in the temple of Dagon of the Philistines after the Israelites lost a battle to them and they took the Ark as according to Samuel 5, the statue that had been beheaded and hands dismembered by God. The symbol is also reprted to have been the outline of the vulva of Astarte "the qyeen of heaven" (notice the similarity in calling Mary the Queen of Heaven).

Vatican 666

Apostacy of the Roman Catholic Church, christianity polluted by anti-christians

pagan symbols

My God, what have we done? Brothers and sisters if you even own a crucifix or cross, necklace, picture or even a picture of Jesus destroy it or throw it out! Tell your pastors and deacons, and show them this thread and if there's a cross in your church or on the steeple tear it down! We don't need such things to reach the Living God, we have our High priest of the order of Melchizidek, we have our Messiah and he is all we need! The house of God resides within us, purify and destroy these images. Return to your first love.

[if you don't have our beliefs that is fine, this post wasn't meant for you so just ignore it and find your next thread to troll, this is to inform those who wish to know and who have need to know and who wish to rebel against this wickedness that pervades our brotherhood]
edit on 3-1-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I hate to disappoint you OP but anything can become ones own idol to be worshipped as a symbol. Hence a pair of running shoes with a swoosh logo on it can make you believe you can run faster than jesus or you can own a watch made by a fancy sounding company that can make you believe that it can tell time better than God...

+20 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I mean no disrespect to you nor your thread, but it is Christianity that has polluted pagan symbols.

This is my honest opinion, and in no way do I mean to derail your thread. Christianity has taken away the truth behind the symbols that existed long before Christianity came along.

if there's a cross in your church or on the steeple tear it down!

These are ideas of extremism.....relax man.
edit on 3-1-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

OK, I'm assuming you're one of the many, MANY Christians who has absolutely no idea what Paganism is or its history. Without going into too much detail, Paganism has been around since long before Christianity or Judaism. Secondly, Christianity has stolen almost all of its holidays and traditions from Paganism. Do you think your traditional ways of celebrating Christmas and Easter came from your silly little religion? The Gothic cathedrals were originally places of PAGAN worship. The book of Genesis is an exact copy of the Sumerian Enuma Elish (which came well before any of the people who supposedly wrote the Bible...Sumer was the very first human civilization (where's that in your Bible?).

The problem with Christians? That they like to think their religion is the center of everything when really it is a bunch of mendacious excrement from the hands of liars and thieves.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Without pagan symbols and traditions, Christianity has nothing, not even God himself. God is present in many more ways than in Christianity. If you don't realize that all people are the children of God, you are really missing the point of "love your neighbor" and "love your enemy" and "the tax collectors and prostitutes will go to heaven before the Pharisees" and so on so forth.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by spacekc929

"God" has never existed and will never exist. There is no God in Paganism, only the gods (who are wholly more believable than the Jewish sky-zombie Yahweh)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
It's not just Pagan symbols abound within Christianity. Christianity outright is in total anathema from it's true intentions and teachings.

After Paul set forth his revelation orthodox Christianity quickly began to seat power in the church against the true teachings of Christ. A political battle erupted for control of the Christian faith, the orthodox who desired the consolidation of power and who spoke of Jesus in terms of sin and repentance and the Gnostics who spoke of him in terms of illusion and enlightenment.

For four centuries the Gnostics fought to teach the true way of Christ which took all tenable power from the church and placed it in the hands of man. They taught that his resurrection was symbolism of the spirit and not actuality. They taught that the spirit was in all things and the church nor anything else was a conduit for it, it was through exploration of the self and discipline that one would know truth. They taught that hell had been abolished and cleansed and that no soul no matter the deed would go without eternal light and purity.

Shortly after the council of Nicaea and the usurpation of all orthodox power Gnosticism was completely snuffed out and the concept of Extra Ecclesiam nulla salus " outside the church there is no salvation " was born into the faith to assert total control.

This is the very reason why modern Christianity has been split into 32,000 denominations all with varied interpretation. The hubris, greed, and lust for power of man infected the teachings from the very onset of Pauls revelation and what we see today is total anathema from the teachings and intent of Christ.

Read the Apocryphon of John, part of the Nag Hammadi and the lost Gnostic text that were banished into obscurity for teaching truth rather than deception to further power. This text contains the revelation of the idea and power of hell being abolished, without that power and many others the Gnostics fought against the church could never exist.

www.gnosis.org...

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
hey,
interesting stuff...another of my favorite conspiracy theories is that of Christianity being hijacked since Vatican council 2 and then later in the USA through the American college of cardinals in the 50´s....

here is another thread I saw today that I thought was related to where you are going with this.....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
What really concerns me is all these christian beliefs poisoning the minds of my friends and neighbors. That is the real problem. Jesus was just a man, nothing more.

There really isn't anything authentic about christianity. Everything about the religion has been taken from earlier religions. Get over it.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
The FISH IS A WOMANS VULVA! I love driving by a car that has that symbol on it and I laugh to myself thinking they have NO IDEA of the true meaning.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

this is to inform those who wish to know and who have need to know and who wish to rebel against this wickedness that pervades our brotherhood]
What wickedness are you talking about?? Anything that's not christian is wicked?

Religious people perplex me.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
No disrespect , because I don't care either way, but it is the Christians that have stolen and replaced
Pagan symbols, dates and places of significance.

Look no further than christmas day.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by isyeye
I mean no disrespect to you nor your thread, but it is Christianity that has polluted pagan symbols.

This is my honest opinion, and in no way do I mean to derail your thread. Christianity has taken away the truth behind the symbols that existed long before Christianity came along.
These are ideas of extremism.....relax man.
edit on 3-1-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

I have often thought that too...They did wrong by trying to assimilate other cultural beliefs not it plainly obvious how much this was done. Enough to completely pollute the original churches origins. IMHO

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
As others have pointed out above Christianity is the new kid on the block.

Paganism, which covers a vast number of diverse cultural belief systems that predate recorded history, contains many symbols that Christianity borrowed or stole.

Christianity reflects a very narrow bandwidth of human belief systems, while Paganism spans a large array of much older, multi-cultural, human spiritualism. The symbols you speak of are part of our human heritage, just as Christianity and Paganism also is.

If you want to talk about pollution, I see it as the other way round to what you do.
edit on 3-1-2012 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperZepto
reply to post by spacekc929

"God" has never existed and will never exist. There is no God in Paganism, only the gods (who are wholly more believable than the Jewish sky-zombie Yahweh)

you must be the most knowledgeable human being in history. exceeding the combined wisdom of socrates, plato, carl jung, sigmund freud, newton, St. thomas aquinas, da vinci, michelangelo, voltaire and henry thoreau.

to make such a statement and post it as fact means you have a complete and perfect understanding of the entire universe, it's inner workings and it's mysteries, including a mastery of every field of science, mathematics and physics.

not to mention perfect insight and understanding pertaining to all matters of metaphysics and spirituality.

you know the answer to every question and every question that can be asked.

for a person of such wisdom and intelligence, do you know what creates gravity. science is stumped. for a person who knows everything it is an easy answer.

also you must have mastered the concept of time and how to manipulate it. can you use your talents to bend time for one week and peek into the future for next weeks powerball numbers.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

I don't think I can do that last part, but the rest of your post is pretty much correct.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

The FISH IS A WOMANS VULVA! I love driving by a car that has that symbol on it and I laugh to myself thinking they have NO IDEA of the true meaning.

The Fish is a woman's vulva but not for the reason one would think the fish is a segment of the flower of life:

The shape is a vesica pisces, literally "bladder of the fish" and the shape can be found in many, many things in nature because it is a basic sacred geometric shape. The eye, the vulva, the fingernail bed, and that's just in people, there are numerous examples in nature as well.

That's the thing fundamentalists don't get about symbols. They are always multi-layered with many exoteric and esoteric meanings, largely because they are a holographic means of communication. And, as my image above shows, many symbols come down to explanations of sacred geometry and universal truths.

Take the cross. OP- did your research teach you that the cross is representative of the male/female polarity (horizontal line female, vertical line male)? And the 4 directions, the 4 elements (Earth, Air, Water, Fire), energy flows in the body, etc, etc.? To deny the cross because it wasn't exactly what you thought it was rather than also including those different, but equally and unarguably valid truths about the symbol into your understanding of it is not what Jesus would have wanted.

"I am the Alpha and Omega" It's in the bible so it must be true. I point you again to the image above. Look at the actual shapes of Alpha and omega. OMG! The lower case alpha is a fish. So either God is a vulva and Omega or that shape has deeper meanings. Also notice that the Arabic for Allah, Chinese for Tao, and the Hindu's sacred OM all share the same basic shapes in different orientations.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
More to the point, I dont know why it was called Christianity? It is more like Paulianity as a lot of his understandings were carried down in history rather than the ones of Jesus's ie;- of loving and forgiving others and some 40 commands more!
edit on 3-1-2012 by Epsillion70 because: spell check

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join