It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pagan symbols polluting christianity

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by JB1234

What's being discussed in this thread is very like the discussion going on in the thread

All Roads Lead to Babylon: Mystery Babylon Demystified

It's quite true that well after the first century Christendom adopted pagan symbols and practices into the new adopted Holy Roman Empire religion to make it more acceptable to more people and vica versa that new converts to the faith brought some of their old practices with them in just the same manner.

Rome had been a world empire and the more acceptable that this new religion was to more people then the more powerful these Popes and the hierarchy in Rome became. What's more the more donations they could extract, the wealthier this hierarchy became. It became ALL about quantity NOT quality.

This was the opposite of what Jesus taught

Matthew 7:13-14 . . ."Go in through the narrow gate; because broad and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are the ones going in through it; 14 whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are the ones finding it"

The worship of a Cross, Mary & a Holy Trinity can be traced back all the way to the time of Nimrod, Semiramis & Tammuz from ancient Sumeria and Babel. These icons were then adopted by for instance the Egyptians as Osisris, Isis & Horus & so on. What's more we see these characters & symbols popping up ALL over the globe in ancient pagan worship.

edit on 5-1-2012 by JB1234 because: (no reason given)

Yeah it is and i can see it everywhere i go and most other people can't. That giant Statue of Liberty? Thats a representation of Libertas, Ishtar,Astarte,Inanna right down to the tiara, the winecup (the so called "torch" that looks like a winecup with a flame on it) in her hand and that book.

Abortion is sacrificing babies to Moloch so people can maintain their lifestyles.

You'd be surprised how far down the rabbit hole this stuff goes. Lucifer is ingrained in every aspect of every culture in the entire world he is even in Islam. Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Roman Catholicism and even in many Protestant churches. He is every where man.

Which is why the Messiah's return is imminenent. The Anti-Christ already has the entire world by the cojones.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Yeah it is and i can see it everywhere i go and most other people can't. That giant Statue of Liberty? Thats a representation of Libertas, Ishtar,Astarte,Inanna right down to the tiara, the winecup (the so called "torch" that looks like a winecup with a flame on it) in her hand and that book.

Abortion is sacrificing babies to Moloch so people can maintain their lifestyles.

You'd be surprised how far down the rabbit hole this stuff goes. Lucifer is ingrained in every aspect of every culture in the entire world he is even in Islam. Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Roman Catholicism and even in many Protestant churches. He is every where man.

Which is why the Messiah's return is imminenent. The Anti-Christ already has the entire world by the cojones.

OR........You see and believe what you already have decided is so. It is all in the interpretation.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Noncompatible

OR........You see and believe what you already have decided is so. It is all in the interpretation.

Agreed...it's all about the lens you choose to use.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Watch the news at night. If you see anything good happen let me know because all i see is murder,rape,robbery,greed and the list goes on. If you interpret any of that as "good"...then i'd have to question your morals.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Watch the news at night. If you see anything good happen let me know because all i see is murder,rape,robbery,greed and the list goes on. If you interpret any of that as "good"...then i'd have to question your morals.

Where exactly did you extrapolate my interpretation of the state of society from ?
The "news" is simply that, generally it covers the bad stuff.
"Mr Jones fed his dog and went to work for the 5th consecutive day" is not news.
"Mr Jones killed and ate his dog, then proceeded to his office and gunned down everyone he saw." is.

But for every sad, bad, evil action reported there are many many more acts of kindness and friendship and taking responsibility taking place on any given day.

They simply are not deemed newsworthy. Do not let the media shape your views on the condition of basic human morality.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Christianity was stolen from the pagans, whose symbolism was in reference to metaphysical sciences, wisdom and enlightenment. It was then literalized, in other words, had all of its allegorical interpretations removed from it, and fed to the masses as the history of a God-Man Savior to keep them lobotomized zombie slaves who will never lift a finger to change the world, but instead wait for "God" to do it all for them.

It all starts with a local tribal desert god who is under the delusion that he is the "Most High" and goes downhill from there. If you ever wondered how Solomon could have received so much wisdom from Jehovah and then outright rejected him in favor of the pagan gods and goddesses of his wives, particularly "Ashtoreth" aka Isis, Easter and Mary, the Divine Feminine, removed by the church to build a Western civilization of Narcissists, made in the image of their Narcissist God, this is the reason why. It doesn't take much critical thinking to expose the Judeo-Christian God/Beast for what he is: Satan.
edit on 6-1-2012 by SimontheMagus because: typo

edit on 6-1-2012 by SimontheMagus because: addition

edit on 6-1-2012 by SimontheMagus because: addition

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperZepto

And where, do tell, may the origin of paganism be provided? Silly me...I like to validate my "truths". Let's see, scholars of earliest human history believe civilization began within the fertile crescent, north of the Tigris, when ancient Mesopotamians of the Neolithic Age (approx. 7000 B.C.) began farming and domesticating animals and cultivating land (farming). It was not until approx. 3100 B.C., that the Sumerians (Sumer was a place, not a people- as you indicated) invented writing, using wedgelike shapes to represent words. This was usually done onto clay and baked. This form of writing is known as cuneiform. It is also widely accepted that Eden was in Sumer. Also, earliest jewish believers in Messiah were known as the G-d Fearers, who left paganism and incorporated the teachings of Torah into their lives and not until late in the first century was the term Christian used. In 325 C.E, the pagan Caesar of Rome, Constantine, enlisted religious heiarchacy (w/o even 1 rabbi) in the appointment of the Counsil of Nicaea which outlawed the Biblical Calendar, replaced the Levitical Festivals with various gods/goddesses and...here's the fun part...now Yeshua was Jesus, Yochanan was John, etc...
so, thankx anyway, but lest you can articulate accurate information...I suggest you go find another place to play.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SimontheMagus

Really??? sshhhhhhh.....it hurts my brain!!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Believe me, I have no desire to offend good honest God-fearing Christians and I do believe that God imprints the knowledge of His existence on our souls and in our DNA, so to speak. So any religious people who are following this inborn desire to know Him, are God's people, even those who may intellectully reject the idea; but Satan has deceived us into following wayward paths away from God and His ways.

I believe that most of the symbols that we are taught to believe are satanic or holy are the complete opposites to what we believe them to be. For instance, humans tend to think in pairs, such a couples, and sets of couples, which make 2 and 4’s the basis of our numbering ideas. For example, a set of cups or dinner plates would be 4, 6 or 8 and any other number seems incomplete or ‘broken’ up.

Yet God uses 3’s and 5’s, etc. in nature. So while a six-pointed star seems right to us, a five pointed star is known as a pentacle and is regarded as satanic. Yet God would be more likely, given His numbering and series in nature, to use a five-pointed star rather than a six-pointed star.

Christians wear crosses, proudly denoting that they are followers of and believers in Jesus Christ. Yet at the church I once attended, the pendant crosses were causing discomfort and the conclusion was that curses or words had been minutely scratched on the backs of them making them demonically unholy.

I learned later that a prophecy had been made regarding this church, that conditional upon obedience to Him, He would make them a leading light in that country. With hindsight, I understood that God was leading that church from being Christian [followers of Jesus] to being Israelite [followers of Yeshua - the genuine name God gave His Son] and wanted them to remove their Christian symbols.

This is also why I believe that the cross will be the ‘mark of the Beast’ because Christianity has been deceived, as have all other religions, by Satan. The truth is only coming out now, as determined by God at Creation and this is the generation of the End Times or Latter Days.

So please don't be offended here or reject it with a knee-jerk reaction. This is simply exposure of the devil's conspiracy and worldwide deception; which is what this site, Above Top Secret, is all about.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Maigret

Symbols in and of themselves are not evil, it is what people do with them is what makes them evil. Otherwise they are just doodlings and scribblings.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

Christianity has been corrupted...not by pagans, but by so called "christians" who would rather follow Paul than, Jesus Christ..... and of course those who turned the messiah into a sacrificial animal for their sins.... to get a free ticket out of hell.

Hey, whatever works man. You got a bug up your ass about Paul. Get a clue, we take our marching orders from the Messiah not Paul.

You take marching orders from the messiah? Good, but you are only speaking for yourself, because the vast majority of christians I know revere Paul while reducing the messiah into a sacrificial animal to cleanse their sins.

So before you point fingers at Pagan symbols polluting christianity, look at what other "christians" are doing to pollute christianity.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Also, in case you didn't know, Christianity has been polluted by pagan influence ever since the Council of Nicea, 325 AD, organized by Constantine, who also happened to be involved with a sun cult. "Sol Invictus".

en.wikipedia.org...

According to the 1967 New Catholic Encyclopedia, a standard library reference, in an article on Constantine the Great: "Besides, the Sol Invictus had been adopted by the Christians in a Christian sense, as demonstrated in the Christ as Apollo-Helios in a mausoleum (c. 250) discovered beneath St. Peter's in the Vatican." Indeed "...from the beginning of the 3rd century "Sun of Justice" appears as a title of Christ".

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 7-1-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Paganism and Druidism are similar to each other and they are Satanic worship religions. Satan, Lucifer, Sacrifices etc.

As I understand it the symbol of the Xmas Tree which Christianity ripped off is actually a Phallic symbol. So when my wife decorates the tree she's actually decorating a D*ck! Nice!!

Christianity has ripped off so many symbols from Paganism and Druidism that it has gone beyond a joke. Religions in this world are just control tools, nothing more and the symbols they use to tell their stories are just to confuse the believers. It's kinda strange when you think Christianity has ripped off symbols that are actually Occult, Satanic and Witchcraft blood ritual practices. Maybe Christianity is Satanism!! Maybe they are one in the same!!

There's a book by John A Keel. The book is called 'Our Haunted Planet'.

This is what he said in his book:

"Religion limits the perception of self and the world; creates hierarchical structure of top-down dictatorship; uses fear and guilt to impose a belief system; provides endless opportunities to devide and rule the population"

Now that statement makes sense!!

Symbols for the Symbol minded

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Any religion that teaches that God is outside of yourself is Satanic.

Any religion that teaches that God needs worship is Satanic. Only insecure psychopaths need worship. If your father demanded you get down on your knees and worship him, and threatened to kill you if you didn't, would you respect him or hate him?

The Bible itself contains the truth, and you don't even need to read between the lines. Yahweh was a local God who receives Israel as an "inheritance". No one can give you an inheritance if you are the Highest God. This Highest God who claims there is no other God, admits that he is jealous of other Gods. How can you be jealous of something that doesn't exist? The Great Liar is admitting there are other Gods. Additionally, a Highest God is not going to have "Chosen" people. If you say you are "chosen" by God, that automatically means that everyone else is not, so why is it such a shock when people hate you?

Similarly, according to the Bible, Christians teach that Jesus is the only way to Salvation. Unfortunately, Jesus himself said that he was only here to preach to the Jews and that "Salvation is of the Jews". Paul comes along, supposedly after Jesus' death (funny how his Epistles were written before the gospels) and claims that God's favor has switched to the Gentiles because the Jews, his chosen people, rejected his Messiah offering. It didn't matter that Jesus met none of the qualifications they were looking for. So now God comes up with this alternate plan, called the "New Covenant", to save the Gentiles while making the Jews jealous at the same time, so that they finally see the light and come over to the Way, which is Jesus. Unfortunately Paul, and the rest of the Apostles, made a conscious decision not to bring their urgent new truth to the East, because God, the Supreme Bigot, doesn't care about Asians, he only wants to save stupid people who don't delve into "Satanic" things like Tai Chi, Reiki, Acupuncture, etc... and on and on and on it goes....

Christians, Jews, Muslims... victims of same Satanic patriarch: Abraham. Willing to kill his own son to please his Satanic God, who only cares about obedience.

This is diametrically opposite to the truth. "God" wants YOU to grow, evolve, experiment, take risks, learn for yourself. If you want someone to feel guilty, tell them they are a hapless born sinner in need of a savior outside of themselves. Tell them they are lowly and undeserving of God's grace. Tell them they are genetically doomed because their forefather, 6,000 years ago, ate an apple.

Don't you think a grown-up God should get over it already?

The Bible was written for two groups: The Initiates, and the Masses. Exoteric, and Esoteric. Ask any knowledgeable Rabbi if the OT stories should be real literally. Some of them will actually laugh at you.

Yahweh is the tyrant, Yahweh was the Liar. The serpent was the one who told the truth. Go back and read the story over again, and tell me where the Serpent lied. He did not lie. The story is an extremely enlightening one, that tells the truth about how we got here and where we are going, who is the good guy and who is the bad guy, and everything is the opposite of the literal reading. Serpents are the symbol of the Life Principle. Look at the Caduceus of Mercury.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Any religion that teaches that God needs worship is Satanic. Only insecure psychopaths need worship.

Gods glory can neither be increased not decreased by mankinds worship (or non-worship) of God.

If your father demanded you get down on your knees and worship him, and threatened to kill you if you didn't, would you respect him or hate him?

If you disrespected your father, or denied that he ever fathered you, would your father not be angry with you?

Same thing with our Creator.

Christians, Jews, Muslims... victims of same Satanic patriarch: Abraham. Willing to kill his own son to please his Satanic God, who only cares about obedience.

Abraham was willing to sacrifice his own son, because of his utter and absolute submission to God.... nothing else. Many people find it disturbing, because they cant understand the idea of "submitting to the Creator".

Tell them they are genetically doomed because their forefather, 6,000 years ago, ate an apple.

That is a product of christianity. Not everyone who believes in the Creator believes that.
edit on 7-1-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
When did Adam deny that Yahweh fathered him?

And even if he did, how does denying your father give your father the right to torture and kill you? You would be locked up for that. Yahweh should be locked up, and he will be, shortly, when the three Abrahamic religions go down in the annals of our sordid past. There will come a day in the not too distant future when our descendants will look back at our world and wonder how we ever believed in such nonsense, to the point of killing each other for thousands of years and possibly finishing it all off with World War III, which won't happen by the way, because we're not allowing the earth to be destroyed again by this petty, insecure Demiurge.

How did God fix things with the "global flood"? What permanent solution did it provide for evil? What makes Christians think that destroying evil will prevent it from ever rearing its ugly head again?

If you want to fix the world, you have to change PEOPLE from the inside out. A good place to start would be to take down Goldman Sachs. That would give us a great head start of ridding the virus that has infected humanity for 13 millennia: Greed, Selfishness, Worship of Mammon. It's all right in your Bible. Read Revelation 18. What happens after the fall of Babylon? The whole world finds out they've been duped by black magicians with a lot of money for as far back as they can see. What is left after that but for the Christ Consciousness to manifest itself through human consciousness.

All you have to do is lift the suppression of more than 6,000 patents by the Old World Order for us to realize a quantum leap in evolution. Religion is their greatest tool to hold humanity back from doing so.
edit on 7-1-2012 by SimontheMagus because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-1-2012 by SimontheMagus because: attempting to correct formatting

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

When did Adam deny that Yahweh fathered him?

Adam was a creation of God... and not "fathered" in the biological sense.
And no, Adam did not deny that God created him.

Also, you do realize that God could have just zapped Adam into vapor and created a new man from clay (or whatever was used), right? Instead God allowed Adam to continue living.

when the three Abrahamic religions go down in the annals of our sordid past. There will come a day in the not too distant future when our descendants will look back at our world and wonder how we ever believed in such nonsense, to the point of killing each other for thousands of years and possibly finishing it all off with World War III,

Lack of religion does NOT lead to the emergence of a problem free world. History teaches that.
Sure, all those atrocities commited by atheists throughout history were not done in the name of atheism, but it basically demonstrates that the lack of religion, does not magically equate to the lack of death and destruction go away.

If you want to fix the world, you have to change PEOPLE from the inside out. A good place to start would be to lock the doors at Goldman Sachs on a really busy day and gas the place.

Uhhh.... slightly off topic, but are you suggesting the gassing of people to solve a problem??????? Even the janitors and receptionists over there who just work there so they can put some food on the table at home?

Please tell me you were joking.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

Uhhh.... slightly off topic, but are you suggesting the gassing of people to solve a problem??????? Even the janitors and receptionists over there who just work there so they can put some food on the table at home?

Please tell me you were joking.

Yes that was a mistake and its been corrected. Let's say it was laughing gas. I think you get the point though.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

Hello, Lonewolf. As new member...I am seeking my alliances, if you will, and I appreciate your insight on things of spiritual matters. I am not attempting to correct, rather offer insight you may not have thought of. In the book of Daniel, there are some things that are purposely kept hidden until the times of the significance. I would venture to say that with the rebirth of the hebrew language, came insight never before privey to man and will be happy to share through another venue..(email?) Anyway, the Antichrist or the person of satan incarnate in man, will be of islamic order and most definitely Irish. Coming from the lineage of Cain. The Catholic Church will embrace this and I suspect will declare antichrist as messiah. Remember, the message will be of love and goodwill, except for those pesky followers of Jesus!! Most important to remember, In the book of James, we read that "so you believe there is but one G-d? The demons beleve also...and they shutter (or tremble)! Ja 2:9
So, just the fact that satan has been forced into a mortal sphere with limitations...he also knows the time is near for his 1000 year imprisonment...so he's ticked!!! Hey! I love it to remind him that I read the book...and we WIN!! LOL

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

another tidbit?? In Gen 3, there is a prophetic utterence regarding the "seed of woman" that would bruise the head of the serpent. Women have eggs, men produce seed...virgin birth..,

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join