It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pagan symbols polluting christianity

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

You two again ? For reals ?

What. Are we on the Oh-Noez list? And how is it "you two"? There are lots of members who read these forums. Would you say the same about Akragon and Petrus? Or any other couple of members who contribute in the same threads? Like colbe and gabby? Or lonewolf and NOTur?

I joined many months before this vogon guy did. Randy, you baffle me.
wildtimes

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by Starwise
The FISH IS A WOMANS VULVA! I love driving by a car that has that symbol on it and I laugh to myself thinking they have NO IDEA of the true meaning.

Then you really ought to get a kick out of the realisation that Dodge vehicles have a set of fallopian tubes on the hood!

Symbolism is a tricky business at best.

SAAYYYY TAAAN!!!!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100
""Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?" —Luke 18:8

have you ever pondered this title? "Son of Man"??

a "Son of Man"?? would be a type of being that mankind gives birth to.

a "new man" .. something that within him.. forms.. ..figuratively.. AND literally..

"THE" Christ is something that we are ALL potentially available to give 'birth' to.

this new being from within. one that has an inherently ELEVATED physiological structure to.

and when it IS given birth to.. is the old perception of what Christ "is" going to be faithful to him?

I seriously doubt it. I doubt that the current adherence to traditional perception of scripture will give leeway to the unfathomable ACTUAL LIVING BEING that mankind gives way to as each soul that has transformed into the Son of Man comes forth...

they will be hated when they come..because of this ignorance..and.. they will be persecuted and crucified as was christ....

but they will rise.

they will save you from natural disasters.
they will save you from artificial aliens.
they will save you from asteroids.

they will save you. because of their bodies that were provided from their virtuous 'being'.

this saving.. is messiah. it is plural.

edit on 1/4/2012 by prevenge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Christianity has taken away the truth behind the symbols that existed long before Christianity came along.

Or when pagan cultures adopted Christianity they kept their pagan symbols.

edit on 103131p://bWednesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Christianity is a program of attraction not promotion.

Just remember....Anything that is of fear guilt and shame is not of God.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
What's being discussed in this thread is very like the discussion going on in the thread

All Roads Lead to Babylon: Mystery Babylon Demystified

It's quite true that well after the first century Christendom adopted pagan symbols and practices into the new adopted Holy Roman Empire religion to make it more acceptable to more people and vica versa that new converts to the faith brought some of their old practices with them in just the same manner.

Rome had been a world empire and the more acceptable that this new religion was to more people then the more powerful these Popes and the hierarchy in Rome became. What's more the more donations they could extract, the wealthier this hierarchy became. It became ALL about quantity NOT quality.

This was the opposite of what Jesus taught

Matthew 7:13-14 . . ."Go in through the narrow gate; because broad and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are the ones going in through it; 14 whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are the ones finding it"

The worship of a Cross, Mary & a Holy Trinity can be traced back all the way to the time of Nimrod, Semiramis & Tammuz from ancient Sumeria and Babel. These icons were then adopted by for instance the Egyptians as Osisris, Isis & Horus & so on. What's more we see these characters & symbols popping up ALL over the globe in ancient pagan worship.

edit on 5-1-2012 by JB1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by superluminal11
Christianity is a program of attraction not promotion.

Just remember....Anything that is of fear guilt and shame is not of God.

Who says? The devil who has simultaneously indoctrinated the masses with the idea that a "true god" would never punish, judge or correct humanity and at the same time states that the Lord of Heaven MUST be ficticious because He dares set a gate for entry? If you only knew the Power and Glory of God you would strive your best to stand before Him fully clothed. It's my prayer that He doesn't find too many faults in me and that I don't shame MYSELF. Judgement necessarily involves "guilt". Does He cause guilt? Of course not. I am guilty if I do the crime. God is just, impartial and love. He has provided the narrow path for me to follow and I willingly strive to stay on it. I know that He will help me. Do I want to go along with the world who are relieved and happy to have an excuse to believe that there is either a god who has no prerequirements or no god at all for it provides them with the justification to live a life full of material things and no spiritual life? No.

Does the Word of God tell me that people will rejoice when the Holy Scripture is finally "killed off" in the minds of nonbelievers?
"9For three and a half days men from every people, tribe, language and nation will gaze on their bodies and refuse them burial. 10The inhabitants of the earth will gloat over them and will celebrate by sending each other gifts, because these two prophets had tormented those who live on the earth."

Why are men tormented? Because in the hearts of many people there is a nagging knowledge of God and His requirements, yet the pull of worldly pleasures is too strong on them. They can "rejoice" and "celebrate" once they fully accept Satans deceit as the "truth". Whew, they can now get rid of that "guilty" feeling because they've fully and truly chosen to believe that God is "not real". And every time there is a hateful and spiteful word against a Christian, I always have to remember why Jesus said the following:

""If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first."

The vast majority of human beings love rituals, hence the billions who willingly follow Catholicism, Islam, Buddhism etc. Rituals and repetitious prayers are abhorred by the God of Heaven yet loved by flesh. They are attractive. You so easily state that "Christianity" is an attraction. I must comment that it is not. People have dressed it up as an attraction, but in and of itself as the Word of God, it is not.

Christ Jesus brought the joyful news of Salvation - His gospel is foolishness to those that are perishing but the power of God who are being saved.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by isyeye
I mean no disrespect to you nor your thread, but it is Christianity that has polluted pagan symbols.

So true.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Epsillion70

Agreed. My mom has more pictures of Elvis on her walls than Jesus. When I pointed that out, she got kind of mad at me.

Symbols are rich in meanings. They mean different things to different cultures and some are universal, like the cross. Many stories of gods who came to earth and died for the good of their people exist as well. So, if one is going to go down the rabbit hole, he or she needs to be prepared to have the basic tenets of the Christian faith questioned.

I think people need symbols to reaffirm their faith.

As far as idols and false gods go, look at the slogan on the back of a dollar bill.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by isyeye
I mean no disrespect to you nor your thread, but it is Christianity that has polluted pagan symbols.

This is my honest opinion, and in no way do I mean to derail your thread. Christianity has taken away the truth behind the symbols that existed long before Christianity came along.

i disagree with your post. the symbols used in christianity mean exactly what they always have. the meaning is just hidden from the believers within christianity.

edit on 5-1-2012 by each1reach41 because: wrong formatting

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperZepto

The Gothic cathedrals were originally places of PAGAN worship.

The Gothic cathedrals were built in the medieval period by Masons who were hired by the Church to do so. They were specifically intended to be Christian places of worship.

Originating in 12th century France and lasting into the 16th century, Gothic architecture was known during the period as "the French Style," (Opus Francigenum), with the term Gothic first appearing during the latter part of the Renaissance. Its characteristic features include the pointed arch, the ribbed vault and the flying buttress.

Gothic architecture is most familiar as the architecture of many of the great cathedrals, abbeys and churches of Europe. It is also the architecture of many castles, palaces, town halls, guild halls, universities and to a less prominent extent, private dwellings.
en.wikipedia.org...

Religious

The early Medieval periods had seen a rapid growth in monasticism, with several different orders being prevalent and spreading their influence widely. Foremost were the Benedictines whose great abbey churches vastly outnumbered any others in England. A part of their influence was that they tended to build within towns, unlike the Cistercians whose ruined abbeys are seen in the remote countryside. The Cluniac and Cistercian Orders were prevalent in France, the great monastery at Cluny having established a formula for a well planned monastic site which was then to influence all subsequent monastic building for many centuries.

In the 13th century St. Francis of Assisi established the Franciscans, or so-called "Grey Friars", a mendicant order. The Dominicans, another mendicant order founded during the same period but by St. Dominic in Toulouse and Bologna, were particularly influential in the building of Italy's Gothic churches.[7][8]

If you are a reader and enjoy historical fiction, try reading Ken Follett (The Pillars of the Earth[/]) and Sarum by Edward Rutherford. Excellent treatises in entertaining stories of the great cathedrals.

edit on 5-1-2012 by wildtimes because: spelling. my stupid i key doesn't work right, and I got "medieval" wrong.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by YAHUWAH SAVES

Dude, thats impossible to read.

Can you clarify?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
for it is The First Gate of Salvationreply to post by vogon42

Thank you for being decent in your revision of your question. Here it is:

MatithYAHUW 19:

18 He said to him, "But which ones?" YAHUW said, “Why have you never studied The Covenant? They are: "I am YAHUWAH
, The Almighty Eternal Loving YA creating His People , who brought you out of the land of Mitseri, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no foreign gods (elohim) before your face. "Do not manufacture nor consume for yourselves any contamination, nor any image to worship, not of anything that is in the ShamaYAim above, or that is in the Earth beneath, or that is in the water under the Earth. 19 You shall not bow (subjugate) yourself down to it, nor serve them, for I, YAHUWAH
, your Almighty Loving YA of All Creation, I am The Only Almighty Eternal Loving One. The sins of the fathers are passed on to their children, even to the third and fourth generation of those who ignore Me. Yet I send loving invitations a thousand times to every generation of those who seek to love Me and keep My Words (Commandments).
20 "Do not treat My Name
YAHUWAH Almighty Loving YA of All Creation as unimportant for I cannot hold him sinless who treats My Name as unimportant,for it is The First Gate of Salvation. "Remember the Shabath (7th) day, to keep it QadUWsha (Set Apart for salvation teachings by YAHUWAH).
21 You shall labor six days and do all your work, but the Seventh Day is QadUWsha. You shall labor six days and do all your work but the seventh day is The Pledged Day (ShabaUWoth) to YAHUWAH The Almighty Eternal Loving YA Who Is Creating His Nation. You shall not do any work in it, you, nor your son, nor your daughter, your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your livestock, nor your stranger who is within your gates, for in six YAoms, YAHUWAH made the ShamaYAim and the Earth, the sea and all that is in them but He rested the seventh YAom, therefore YAHUWAH blessed the Shabath (Seventh, Pledging) Day and made it QadUWsha (Set Apart by YAHUWAH for salvation).
22 "Honor your father and your mother in YAHUWAH that your YAoms (journeys with YA) may be long in the land which YAHUWAH Almighty Loving YA of All Creation gives you. "You shall not murder. "You shall not commit infidelity. "You shall not steal. "You shall not give a false testimony to a neighbor. "You shall not lust after anything about your neighbor's house. You shall not seek after your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant nor his female servant nor his ox nor his donkey nor anything that is your neighbor's." All My Words (Commandments) are perfected in this 'You shall love YAHUWAH
your Almighty El with all your heart (leb), with all your mind (nefesh) and with all your resources (maode), and you are to love your neighbor as yourself’.”

YAHUWchanon 13
34 A New Commandment I give to you, that you love one another. Just like I have loved you, you also must show love for one another.
35 By this will others know that you are My YAHUWan disciples, by the way we all hold love for each other!"

edit on 1/5/2012 by YAHUWAH SAVES because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet
The Fish is a woman's vulva but not for the reason one would think the fish is a segment of the flower of life:

The fish in the context of Christianity, was representative of the Age of Pisces. Christians will tell me I'm going to Hell for bringing this up, but Jesus reassures people that he will be with them until the very end of the Age.

Go and look at some of Egypt's iconography, as well as Crete; you'll see bulls everywhere, as well as the golden calf in the OT. These were all iconographic of Taurus; and Moses using the tablets as a weapon to smash the calf was a fairly good representation of Aries (war, male dominance) as well.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Christianity has been corrupted...not by pagans, but by so called "christians" who would rather follow Paul than, Jesus Christ..... and of course those who turned the messiah into a sacrificial animal for their sins.... to get a free ticket out of hell.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by LaughingatHumanity

hi Laughingathumanity. I just wanted to thank you for directing us to the Apocryphon of John. I read it and it certainly opened my eyes! For years I have been saying that the OT god was not the Father that Jesus spoke of although I had no knowledge of Yaltabaoth or his doings. Now that I have read this, it makes perfect sense! So, again, thank you!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Christianity has been corrupted...not by pagans, but by so called "christians" who would rather follow Paul than, Jesus Christ..... and of course those who turned the messiah into a sacrificial animal for their sins.... to get a free ticket out of hell.

Hey, whatever works man. You got a bug up your ass about Paul. Get a clue, we take our marching orders from the Messiah not Paul.
edit on 6-1-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by YAHUWAH SAVES
for it is The First Gate of Salvationreply to post by vogon42

Thank you for being decent in your revision of your question. Here it is:

MatithYAHUW 19:

18 He said to him, "But which ones?" YAHUW said, “Why have you never studied The Covenant? They are: "I am YAHUWAH
, The Almighty Eternal Loving YA creating His People , who brought you out of the land of Mitseri, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no foreign gods (elohim) before your face. "Do not manufacture nor consume for yourselves any contamination, nor any image to worship, not of anything that is in the ShamaYAim above, or that is in the Earth beneath, or that is in the water under the Earth. 19 You shall not bow (subjugate) yourself down to it, nor serve them, for I, YAHUWAH
, your Almighty Loving YA of All Creation, I am The Only Almighty Eternal Loving One. The sins of the fathers are passed on to their children, even to the third and fourth generation of those who ignore Me. Yet I send loving invitations a thousand times to every generation of those who seek to love Me and keep My Words (Commandments).
20 "Do not treat My Name
YAHUWAH Almighty Loving YA of All Creation as unimportant for I cannot hold him sinless who treats My Name as unimportant,for it is The First Gate of Salvation. "Remember the Shabath (7th) day, to keep it QadUWsha (Set Apart for salvation teachings by YAHUWAH).
21 You shall labor six days and do all your work, but the Seventh Day is QadUWsha. You shall labor six days and do all your work but the seventh day is The Pledged Day (ShabaUWoth) to YAHUWAH The Almighty Eternal Loving YA Who Is Creating His Nation. You shall not do any work in it, you, nor your son, nor your daughter, your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your livestock, nor your stranger who is within your gates, for in six YAoms, YAHUWAH made the ShamaYAim and the Earth, the sea and all that is in them but He rested the seventh YAom, therefore YAHUWAH blessed the Shabath (Seventh, Pledging) Day and made it QadUWsha (Set Apart by YAHUWAH for salvation).
22 "Honor your father and your mother in YAHUWAH that your YAoms (journeys with YA) may be long in the land which YAHUWAH Almighty Loving YA of All Creation gives you. "You shall not murder. "You shall not commit infidelity. "You shall not steal. "You shall not give a false testimony to a neighbor. "You shall not lust after anything about your neighbor's house. You shall not seek after your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant nor his female servant nor his ox nor his donkey nor anything that is your neighbor's." All My Words (Commandments) are perfected in this 'You shall love YAHUWAH
your Almighty El with all your heart (leb), with all your mind (nefesh) and with all your resources (maode), and you are to love your neighbor as yourself’.”

YAHUWchanon 13
34 A New Commandment I give to you, that you love one another. Just like I have loved you, you also must show love for one another.
35 By this will others know that you are My YAHUWan disciples, by the way we all hold love for each other!"

edit on 1/5/2012 by YAHUWAH SAVES because: (no reason given)

This is all biblical, but with a paleo-hebrew tradition of wording. 34 and 35 are what Yahshua told the Sanhedrin when they asked him what the 2 greatest commandments were. The first to love the LORD your God with all your strength, heart and mind, the second to love your neighor as you love yourself.

You judeo-christian?

I agree with you

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join