It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shell increases oil trade with Iran – despite sanctions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Oil giant stepped up orders of Iranian crude while others halted trade amid sanctions imposed by UN, EU and US

Iran's oil depot at Kharg Island, the country's main export terminal in the Persian Gulf. Oil is a major export for Iran. Photograph: Kaveh Kazemi/Getty Images
Shell, the Anglo-Dutch oil giant, paid the state-owned Iranian oil company at least $1.5bn (£0.94bn) for crude oil this summer, increasing its business with Tehran as the international community implemented some of the toughest sanctions yet aimed at constricting the Islamic republic's economy and its lifeline oil business.
Sensitive trading documents seen by the Guardian show the UK-registered company stepped up its orders of Iranian oil at a time when other major buyers, including BP and Reliance Industries, India's largest conglomerate, halted orders amid impending trade sanctions aimed at curbing Tehran's perceived desire to acquire nuclear weapons.
www.guardian.co.uk...

Comment: I have been using shell for fuel for over 15 years now. I will no longer be helping them to fund terrorists.

PLEASE READ: Posting work written by others
Going forward, if you post something that is not 100% your own writing or work you must use the EX TAG, post NO MORE THAN 10% of the original (or three paragraphs, whichever is least), and GIVE A LINK TO THE SOURCE MATERIAL. If the work you are posting is not on the internet, from a book for example, you MUST give a credit for that Book ( the title), its Author and Publisher.

edit on January 3rd 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by archangel2012

Good, screw the sanctions it's an act of war- and that's exactly what we need right now (sarcasm).

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

"When purchasing crude oil, we buy at market prices," she said. "We have no intention to take advantage of sanctions. We respect international regulations and have stopped the sale of refined products to Iran, but currently the sanctions that have been applied by the UN and EU, when translated into French law, do not concern the trading of crude oil."
. . . .

Which roughly translates into . . . I'd sell my sister to a brothel in Bangkok for the right price

I wish they'd just be honest, admit they're greedy opportunistic pricks and say that the cheaper the get the raw material, and the more they can get for it after it is refined, the bigger bonus they get at the end of the year.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by archangel2012

www.guardian.co.uk...

Comment: I have been using shell for fuel for over 15 years now. I will no longer be helping them to fund terrorists.

You really still believe that there are some invisible boogey-men called "terrorists" waiting to steal your milk-and-cookies?

How hard do you really think it is to bomb a school/daycare/etc in America? With the number of "terrorists" that the US would have you believe existed, don't you think we would be seeing some, oh I don't know... terrorism?

Are there people or countries that don't like the USA? Yes there are, and it's the USA's fault.

The United States is the largest terrorist organization in the world. We make more threats, attack more people, kill more civilians, and go to war with more countries than any nation on the planet. And the government has the chutzpah to call other people terrorists... give me a #'ing break.

The USA dropped TWO nuclear weapons on TWO civilian populations, and we have the BALLS to call other nations terrorists...

Seriously... I am so sick of reading/seeing/hearing that word that it's #'ing painful to the senses...

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
i stopped paying taxes 3 years ago because i refuse to fund terrorists too

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

We respect international regulations and have stopped the sale of refined products to Iran,

So they are following sanctions...since Iran have to import refined oil... yeah them selling oil makes them money, but you can't do much with money if you don't have refined oil to run cars and planes and etc...

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by akapapasmurf
i stopped paying taxes 3 years ago because i refuse to fund terrorists too

That made me laugh(in a good way
).

Like my bumper reads..."Don't steal, Don't kill...the government hates competition."

edit on 3-1-2012 by Shark_Feeder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Since Shell is Royal Dutch Shell based in Amsterdam, I don't see how they have to obey US sanctions

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Since Shell is Royal Dutch Shell based in Amsterdam, I don't see how they have to obey US sanctions

Yeah the company is controlled by the dutch royal family, member of the elite. They gonna make money on oil till they gonna make money off the war. Money all the way, all the time.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

And the Dutch Queen Beatrix is also head of the Bilderbergers

War is GOOD for business... in the first year of the Iraqi "war" Exxon reported record EVER quarter profits while we willing shelled out big bucks at the pumps "because of the war" And prices have NEVER dropped since, despite a glut of oil on the market

Wake up America... you have been HAD Welcome to the New Year

top topics

join