It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alan Colmes Mocks Santorum For Bringing Dead Son Home

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   

"Once they get a hold of the crazy things he's said and done like taking his two-hour old baby who died right after childbirth home and played with it for a couple of hours so his other children would know that the child was real," Democratic commentator Alan Colmes said on FOX News today.

I'm no Rick Santorum fan, but this is beyond disgusting of Alan Colmes, a political commentator whom I used to have a modicum of respect for, to make fun of the way Rick dealt with the death of his infant child. These talking heads that call themselves "news professionals" are nothing more than political hacks working for a medium of fear and hatred. He has apologized to Rick and his wife, but he should not have said those hateful, hurtful words in the first place. It's just a reflection of the industry he works in.

/TOA

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
This is a set up for sympathy votes to avoid Ron Paul winning the caucusses. I'm sorry for Santorum and his family but the fact that this gets brought up the night before Iowa seems a little strange to me. Anyone who takes Alan Colmes seriously needs their head examined.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

What one man does in their private home -- regardless of political aspirations and ambitions should not be the fodder of another man. Sorry Mr. Colmes, as TOA has stated, the moderate amount of respect I held for you has been tossed out with such a personal and obvious slight against a fellow human being.

Now, that out of the way -- The larger topic at hand should be discussed and debated. How much of a person's life should be on display and dissected when they run for public office; local, state or Federal? Regardless of what one holds against or for Mr. Santorum, his dealings in a personal and family matter should be held in respect by professional and non-professional "journalist" alike.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by peponastick
This is a set up for sympathy votes to avoid Ron Paul winning the caucusses. I'm sorry for Santorum and his family but the fact that this gets brought up the night before Iowa seems a little strange to me. Anyone who takes Alan Colmes seriously needs their head examined.

So according to you, Colmes is actually in the Santorum camp?
Or did someone in Santorums camp make Colmes say that?

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

And who exactly should we listen to so we don't get our "head[s] examined"?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

You can listen to whom ever you would like...Personally, I think Alan Colmes is trash so I don't put any validity into what he says. I put him in the same camp as Hannity, O'reiley, Rush, Matthews, etc...

I just find it odd that this story comes up the night before the Iowa Caucusses...This is a conspiracy site so....

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Alan Colmes is scum, Santorum is scum, but saying these kinds of things is just disgusting. Just for that, he should be sued and FIRED.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Wow...You may find it crazy but there is collaboration amongst the media elites and the establishment government hacks...to back candidates that will "play ball". I just find it funny that the most "pro life" candidate can't wait to start destorying lives in Iran. Does Rick Wartorum place any value in the lives of muslims? Or is it just American lives that have value?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   

You can listen to whom ever you would like...Personally, I think Alan Colmes is trash so I don't put any validity into what he says. I put him in the same camp as Hannity, O'reiley, Rush, Matthews, etc...

I just find it odd that this story comes up the night before the Iowa Caucusses...This is a conspiracy site so....

But I want to know -- if I listened to Alan Colmes and gave weight to him you believe I should be institutionalized?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Wow...You may find it crazy but there is collaboration amongst the media elites and the establishment government hacks...to back candidates that will "play ball". I just find it funny that the most "pro life" candidate can't wait to start destorying lives in Iran. Does Rick Wartorum place any value in the lives of muslims? Or is it just American lives that have value?

How is what you posted, in any way, related to the mocking that Colmes did about his dead son?

Colmes will have to face what he did, and for anyone who trying to deflect, obfuscate what happened deserves sympathy for their own lack of empathy for a father, a family, and a child.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   

This is a set up for sympathy votes to avoid Ron Paul winning the caucusses. .

I understand what you are saying. You think that by bringing up the dead child, Alan Colmes is somehow getting sympathy votes for Santorum from people who have had sick kids or who have lost family memebers, etc. And that way, it'll take votes away from Ron Paul. You think the left would rather have Obama run against Santorum then Ron Paul?? Is that what you are thinking??

I could kinda see a twisted pretzel type conspiracy ... but I'm really thinking that's not the case.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

And in this case, I'm thinking Alan Colmes is just pissing on a man who lost his child and is just mocking him for his beliefs, and that he wanted his other children to spend a few moments with their sibling who had died.

I'm not seeing the political conspiracy that you are.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Oh the irony of it all. Colmes, who resembles a corpse more than a corpse itself, has the audacity to bring up and condemn how a family deals with the loss of an infant at birth. Does he not realize that his family deals with a corpse every single day- HIM - and no one is going on the news and condemning them.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I think you have hit this on the proverbial head. That Mr. Colmes' talking head has uttered words that speak to the deep disdain of the likes of anyone who is not of his "cloth". In my opinion, Mr. Colmes saw an opportunity to make a mark upon the Democratic Machine that he is a faithful -- one willing to incite and create controversy over statements and personal happenings in the name of the Party.

Just like any talking head (Right or Left) would have done to get recognition of their Party leaders...

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

No One on TV.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

"Once they get a hold of the crazy things he's said and done like taking his two-hour old baby who died right after childbirth home and played with it for a couple of hours so his other children would know that the child was real," Democratic commentator Alan Colmes said on FOX News today.

I'm no Rick Santorum fan, but this is beyond disgusting of Alan Colmes, a political commentator whom I used to have a modicum of respect for, to make fun of the way Rick dealt with the death of his infant child. These talking heads that call themselves "news professionals" are nothing more than political hacks working for a medium of fear and hatred. He has apologized to Rick and his wife, but he should not have said those hateful, hurtful words in the first place. It's just a reflection of the industry he works in.

/TOA

This guy's baby dies and he brings it home and gives it to his other children to touch and feel and play with is ok but the guy talking about it is all #ed up.

Yeah ok.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Alan Colmes is scum, Santorum is scum, but saying these kinds of things is just disgusting. Just for that, he should be sued and FIRED.

Why?

Is this the first time you are all hearing this story? This is an old chestnut from when he first took office. Why should Colmes be fired and sued? What exactly did he do wrong here? I hate to defend that man but in this, I see two nuts but no broken laws or violations of any kind.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Santorum will get no sympathy from me. As someone who appears to be stuck in the 19th century, he deserves whatever criticism he gets.

At least Ron Paul has yet to make a comment like Santorum did about black people and welfare (unless you count the newsletters).

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by LilithWon

Is this the first time you are all hearing this story?

Ya.

Why should Colmes be fired and sued?

Because he's a slime bag. People have been fired for way less than that.

I hate to defend that man but in this, I see two nuts but no broken laws or violations of any kind.

Laws of human decency? I sure as hell wouldn't keep on the job someone saying stuff like that...

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Funny how many in this thread condemning this man for his words pop up in other threads defending free speech.

Sure, it may have been a horrible thing to say - but the man lives in a country where free speech is still advertised as being in place. Do you really think he should suffer for exercising his God given right?

In my experience, the best way to handle something like this is to ignore it. Just like when you were 7 and getting taunted on the school yard; if you ignore them they will go away. I doubt the Santorum Team are stupid, if they didn't want this news to spread they would have ignored it..

So to me, it's kind of hypocritical to condemn a man and spread the words you are condemning him for all at the same time. It's rather counter productive, if you are truly offended by his speech.

I agree with others that this isn't necessarily unwanted or unwelcome in the Santorum camp.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
No depths are too low to sink to when it comes to the US presidential race it seems.
Does anyone else notice how each candidate seems to focus on the negatives of the others,rather than outlining their own positive points?
(Except Ron Paul.)

It reminds me of the way kids treat each other when they are about 7 years old...
Now don't get me wrong here-my own politicians in the UK are just as bad.

What bothers me is that they all seem to think that is the best way to get the voters attention-In other words they treat us all as though we are the 7 year old kids.

Why do they even bother with this crap anymore?
I mean we all know they fake the results anyway,with their sneaky hackable voting machines no less.

What a charade.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join