It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woah holy hell! this is nuts here in scotland

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Now would be a good time to start up -

* A roof repair business
* Skylight repair business
* Start buying up cheap Tarps from China and sellling them.

Well thats what I did once anyway after a massive hail storm. Its covered by insurance and the insurance companies pay top dollar to get roofs covered as quick as possible before more damage gets done. Get a quick website up and running like emergencystormhelp.co.uk - email all the real estate agents - sit back and watch the orders roll in..

Bring on the wind....ken what I mean

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Winds are high here in Baltimore, MD. About 30mph.... not as bad where you live! Good luck!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrazyZain
Winds are high here in Baltimore, MD. About 30mph.... not as bad where you live! Good luck!

Shouldn't you be more worried about Omar?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by JessopJessopJessop

I haven't slept, I was up all night. I'm in the North West of England, on the Lancashire/Yorkshire border, I can tell you between 2 and 5 am were some of the strongest winds I remember. My garden was absolutely ruined and the front street is a mess. I too checked the Met office warnings, thinking I'd see at least an orange warning, but only yellow.

Id I was to put a guess on the winds I'd say some of the gusts were encroaching on 100mph. The house was rattling. It's terrible now, but mild compared to what it was like throughout the night.

Originally posted by JessopJessopJessop
When I say I didn't sleep, I decided to work a night shift because I was in the zone. I could comfortably sleep through a hurricane if I chose

Im not that far from you and had a similar night. It was pretty wild over here too (Chorley), and on a side note ... I HAVE SLEPT THROUGH A HURRICANE !!! On holiday in St Lucia many many years ago. I think it was Hurricane Andrew ?, not too sure as I was prolly about 10
edit on 3/1/12 by Plumbduff because: bad typing ... long day ... knackered

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by JessopJessopJessop

30mph winds are like a normal summers day for us haha

i exagerate ofcourse lol

but 30 would be comfortable for us here i think.

it seems to have died down still little bursts, just the tail end of the storm i think! it passed right over where i live, all sorts of buildings destroyed and whatnot. trying to put together a collection of phots to upload fo you all
hope you all made it out ok my fellow scots!

link   

i exagerate ofcourse lol

it seems to have died down still little bursts, just the tail end of the storm i think! it passed right over where i live, all sorts of buildings destroyed and whatnot. trying to put together a collection of phots to upload fo you all

link   

i exagerate ofcourse lol

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
It died down here in Glasgow before 12 however the destruction it has left in its path was quite shocking.
I am actually surprised and relieved that no one was killed.

These images are of a roof that blew off a high rise and landed on some building opposite I believe.

edit on 3-1-2012 by Soldier81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by CrazyZain

That's just our Ravens flying overhead...

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
im from the West coast of Scotland and we had it really bad where i live, the power went out for 3 or 4 hours, the bins have been blowing down and my garden is full of rubbish, as is everyone else's. Yep, its bad but im Scottish and we get four seasons in one day here

this is the worst i have seen though

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Interesting, this guys work shows when we are hit by these particles from the galactic center it will cause excessive wind storms and maybe tornadoes all over for one thing. His work is very interesting and published in science journals.Here are some of his science credits .

www.etheric.com...

"The four-second extragalactic gamma ray burst that arrived in 1983, did have a measurable effect on radio transmissions used for global navigation and communication.(20) By comparison, the "minor" superwave events discussed above might have total energies hundreds of millions of times greater than this."

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Looks like the equivalent of about an F2 tornado. Probably the most interesting thing that has ever happened in Scotland. Didn't really make the news down here in the south of the UK.... because it was in the north.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I can sympathize! Just last week Colorado had some massive winds going on. Up in Evergreen, Colorado they had winds that were 126 MPH! Crazy stuff!! It was windy down here, but we have the foothills to block some of the wind. Up in the mountains though.. yikes!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Free4Ever2

im down the other end of the island.

never seen rain like it in my life, it was like having buckets of water chucked on us at one point!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MaMaa

In November wind speeds in the Cairngorms hit 165mph (11mph off the Record wind speed recorded in Britain) whilst here in Glasgow I think it peaked about 75mph.

Today however wind speeds in the lowlands reached up to 100mph I just wonder what data was collected from the Cairngorms.

I checked data collection site but nothing is available as yet

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Here in london its really bad, felt like our whole building was shaking from every hit of the wind..... :-/

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Totally sweet to see so many posts from Scots, Brits, and others across Europe!

Sorry for the crazy storm.

Here in Texas we get fantastic storms all the time (except at times like the drought we just experienced). Hurricane remnants, tornadoes, and incredible thunderheads.

I do love a great storm.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

Too Funny! Star a must. I am in GA and winds are wild here....our poor pinetrees aren't made for a brisky 30mph and we have a few bending and even had a small accumalation of snow last night. Not a total annomaly but odd seeing how a few days ago it was upper 60s.

Be safe, or just get sloshed in case the wind wants to take you for a ride....less painful when landing.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
wow, saw those pictures. Holy carp.

and here I thought it was pretty windy here.

Freezing out here

Stay safe all.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
We had gusting at 70+ miles per hour in the American mid-west on Saturday. That was bad enough!

So...hold on to your shorts, boys!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join