It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woah holy hell! this is nuts here in scotland

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Yeah it's pretty extreme weather we've been having lately!? My friends metal shed was tumbling down her street his morning! Lol! She had to get some of the neighbours to help catch it before it did any serious damage.

Is it mainly on the west coast/central belt or is it all over?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Soldier81

wow thats one way to get some paving done

stay safe guys

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
The winds seem to be easing a bit on the east coast.. my house doesn't seem to be in danger of blowing away anymore.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Just found this video. It was uploaded this morning.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by HallamFoe

Lol class!

Oh ma goad!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
And a bin makes its escape from the winds in Edinburgh city centre

still pretty bad out there, was a mission tryin to get to the shops earlier thought i would have blown away
peaked 102mph here a little while ago. my neighbours roof tiles have found a new home on my front path and a lot of people with no more fences lol

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I really feel for you guys up there. Stay safe!

I'm in the south east and it has been quite windy here. We had a very nasty squall line pass over at about 11.30am and it produced some very heavy rain/hail and strong gusts too.
My children got a little scared bless them.

It seems to have died down a lot now, half my back garden is flooded!! Kids can't wait to get ot there and jump in all the puddles

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
It seems to be calming down a little bit in Fife.

Missing six tiles off roof now and bleedin great fir tree laying accross my back garden.

Nearly every house in our street has tiles missing, roof damage.

Even a couple have had there sat dishes ripped off.
edit on 3-1-2012 by D8ncer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Where I am in Yorkshire we just seem to have had wind and rain the past few weeks. I've never seen the surrounding fields so sodden. We've had dry stone walls down and trees down. Plus our houses are built onto a hillside and it is more than worrying.
edit on 3-1-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Free4Ever2

This makes me chuckle so much. Just because I'm thinking back to the massive dramatic discussions here a few weeks ago about those "gigantic storms" and all the "death, mayhem and destruction!!!!" they were going to cause.

Not surprisingly, a few of us were a little more sensible and pointed out that Britain has diverse weather like this all the time. Granted, it was a little dangerous looking, but we pretty much expected it to get a little bit blowy.

And then this happens, without the widespread panic, without the threads of doom and gloom.

Welcome to British weather, have we learned anything yet or will we have more threads the next time a weather system we're not used to makes an appearance with warnings of apocalypse?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Free4Ever2
We are getting absolutly battered right now by some of the strongest winds ive ever seen! my whole house is shaking and im pretty sure a few windows are gonna burst in! double glazing windows at that!

Normally the wild weather doesnt bother me but this has got me a little worried to be honest!

www.metoffice.gov.uk...

The met office isnt doing it any justice to be honest!

stay safe my fellow scots and ill see ya on the other side of this hurricane bawbag mark 2!

I haven't slept, I was up all night. I'm in the North West of England, on the Lancashire/Yorkshire border, I can tell you between 2 and 5 am were some of the strongest winds I remember. My garden was absolutely ruined and the front street is a mess. I too checked the Met office warnings, thinking I'd see at least an orange warning, but only yellow.

Id I was to put a guess on the winds I'd say some of the gusts were encroaching on 100mph. The house was rattling. It's terrible now, but mild compared to what it was like throughout the night.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
It's getting pretty wild over here to in the Netherlands too, I hope the storm above Scotland comes this way

edit on 3-1-2012 by rockslinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
When I say I didn't sleep, I decided to work a night shift because I was in the zone. I could comfortably sleep through a hurricane if I chose

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
WOW! That is unusual for you guys! I feel for you as I live in hurricane country and went through many 100 MPH hurricanes. It's scary and exciting at the same time
Stay safe friend!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Damn, This reminds me of storm of 1987 in london. you know, the one Michael Fish got wrong

Ha, That Trampoline video reminds me of the simpsons.
Stay safe everyone.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Fisherr

The '87 storm was the whole of the UK, not just London, and Michael Fish never got it wrong, he wasn't even on duty at the time. The storm he was referring to was one off Florida(?), somewhere like that. He was talking to a woman who had called in about it, then he went on about the storm that hit, hitting France.... but the BBC edited it in such a fashion everyone thought Fish said the big storm wouldn't hit the UK.

EDIT: Don't know if these have been posted, but there is pictures here on the BBC news website of the storms, some unreal damage, especially the cargo containers on the docks;

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 3/1/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Free4Ever2

hold on to yer kilts then lads! this scot is in canada dealing with 60km winds,snow,and -16 c!!!!
my shovel and my bollocks have ran away and hid!!!

good luck to ya boys!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

scary stuff! I grew up in a part of Oz that gets this sorta stuff all the time (well every year anyway)
Spare a thought for sailors out there, it's gotta be rough for them.

The taped up windows is an invaluable idea, trust me on this.

always best not to go outdoors in these kinds of winds, very easy to get decapitated by flying debris.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Raivan31

Whenever we have tropical storms or hurricanes, we have a game we play...I know it sounds crazy, but it's fun. We get 4 people and a sheet, and each person grabs a corner....when the wind catches it, if it'sstrong enough, it will act as a parachute! As long as it is not a really bad storm, it's fun! I know....I'm insane!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

A fun thing we like to do is hold our jackets over our heads and run into the wind!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join