It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the next exctinction event hurry up already!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

Originally posted by admiralmary

Originally posted by Quyll
December 21, 2012

I'm ridiculously excited.

May i respectfully request that this is not turned into a decmber 21th thread thanks!
edit on 2-1-2012 by admiralmary because: (no reason given)

What exactly do you want this thread to be then? you asked a question and another member answered it.. no need for the smarmy remark..

(not mine id like to add)

Hello, there are a million threads on 2012.. im fed up of them.
If this was about 2012 theyd have been no need to open a thread on it!

Also, there are many other ways that we can all be put out of our misery (the world that is), which have nothing to do with 2012.
Thank you and a happy new year

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Please, now i understand exactly why God destroyed the world in the time of Noah, or hell if you believe it was aliens thats fine too.

There is no "God", and "Noah" is just a character from a badly written storybook.

This is a horrible nasty world, the people here dont respect each other, their heritage, their elders, their leaders, their past, their neighbours, the earth they live on etc.

You have met all 7 Billion people on earth, and spoke to them about their feelings on the above then? No? So what exactly gives you the right to tar every single person on earth with any of that?

Its a horrible world full of greed violence lust etc.

Yes it is. It is also a world of unspeakable beauty, unfathomable natural spaces and events and amazing creatures and plants.

And it is absolutly 100% time to clean the slate and start again.

In your opinion, not in any sane thinking person's opinion

It will not happen by human hands, there is no way humans can stop all the wars and killings in africa, the middle east, the drug and gang wars etc. This is something which has gone on for so long and every idea known has been tried, but the greed and selfishness of man has prevailed.
The only way is to get rid of it! End of.

All of the above listed problems are nowhere near as selfish as coming to the conclusion on your own that all people are bad and need to be wiped out. You are the most selfish individual I have ever seen in my life.

The earth did fine for billions of years without man, and will do fine once again without it.

I'm sure it did, but now we are here so get used to it.

Its time please, but all i ask is that its quick, painless and instant!

Next exticntion event we await you with open arms!

You are completely psychopathic, and you need to be sectioned for the safety of yourself and your family. If this is how you feel about other people you have never met, I would be very scared to be around you in real life. Seek professional help.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

We are animals. We are made up of the same components as animals. We survive the same way as animals, and due to our 'evolved' brain, we can do everything an animal can do, just on a greater scale. If you feel arrogant enough to blindly generalise the entire human race due to some problems you're facing in your life (as you clearly are, otherwise you wouldn't be inclined to make this thread. To me that shows selfishness, cowardice, disbelief, and anger, which unfortunately means that you are neither a decent 'human', as you wish for us all to die.

So, you are saying that we shouldn't give into the temptations of pleasure? Of what we are given? Every single action aperson takes is subjective to another person, for example killing foxes for sport is subjective to each individual. Just because you do not like something somebody else is doing does not make them in any way a bad person, it means they have lead a different life than you.

Good things? Music, technology, charity, but unfortunately this benefits people, so in YOUR OWN eyes, these are bad things, right?

If you realy do not want to contribute to the progession of the human race, and you really do have nothing to live for, then I do suggest that you seek help, wallow in your bitterness until your die, or get it over with now.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

but the greed and selfishness of man has prevailed.

Next exticntion event we await you with open arms!

WHO IS WE?? I do not await with open arms....
I see that your greed and selfishness has also prevailed....
If you don't like it:
Be the change you wish to see.....Gandhi

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by admiralmary
[more

Just because you have a death wish...doesn't mean the rest of us are jumping on your band wagon. You can wish for yourself...but, leave me out of your scenarios on how to get there.

I also find it some what odd, you wish us all dead...but wish us a HAPPY NEW YEAR.....

edit on 2-1-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

December 21, 2012

May i respectfully request that this is not turned into a decmber 21th thread thanks!

You are joking right....

You are aware the next total extinction event so many are looking for is the Dec 21, 2012 predictions.

How can you start a thread on wanting the next total extinction event, and not include the supposed Mayan predictions

By requesting that not be brought up...you've just doomed your thread to a very short life. jmoho...

Thread extiction event

Seriously, though?

OP, you may have lost faith in humanity, but I haven't. To the devil with your hopes and dreams of ending human life. I think humanity has more to offer the universe.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Hypocrisy:

A) "Killings, violence, and wars are bad!"

B) "Destroy the Earth and all of mankind!"

If you'd rather be dead than continue to live in this world, you could be - you have that choice, and you haven't taken it.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Ever hear of the old Chinese proverb "There is no bad student only a bad teacher".

This is what is happening to the world. Our leaders are corrupt and our foundation of understanding is based upon teachings and practices which fail in practical society.

If you feel this way as you described in the op then you aren't trying hard enough to help the matter.

As a philosopher and activist across a broad array of subject matters I know it is difficult but there are active movements at the moment one of which I am apart of which are developing programs to create a transition to sustainable and ethical practices within society.

Something to remember ¬

"Raising awareness isn't enough, if we don't act upon our current problems together we are essentially creating ignorance within society!"

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theoretician
I am apart of which are developing programs to create a transition to sustainable and ethical practices within society.

You are just as selfish as the OP. Who gave you the right to "develop programs" to change the way I live my life?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Hello, there are a million threads on 2012.. im fed up of them. If this was about 2012 theyd have been no need to open a thread on it!

Also, there are many other ways that we can all be put out of our misery (the world that is), which have nothing to do with 2012.
Thank you and a happy new year

There are also a million threads saying the exact same things you are.. If you didn't want to include 2012 you should have stated it in the op rather than go down the route you did..

And your answer to the worlds problems is to destroy the planet along with billions of innocent people and a huge range of unique and diverse life?

maybe life is miserable from your perspective but its not like that for everyone.. rather than focus solely on the negative things why not look at the positive things aswell.. And the solution is to look at ways of trying to solve these issues and find a way to fix them..

"Just destroy everything and start again" ?.... The easy way out for the weak...

oh.. and happy 2012 to you too.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Damnnatureyouscary

First of all a movement is a group of people with like minded ideas and these movements contain a whole lot of people... Much like your government now!

Second you are not living your life now... Your life is controlled by the ideals of another.

Your role in society is predetermined by our leaders. What the movement is offering is unity and collaboration of thought.

I find your comment insulting and what this website claims to deny!

edit on 2-1-2012 by Theoretician because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Why rush into things already? Yes it does look bad at the moment but remember Whatever goes down, can be Re-projected up. You remember the saying 'What goes up, MUST come down', well We're humans and we can change that. We are almost at the point of the coming Singularity, If anything I'm sure Everyones been waiting for the point that Humans and Machines can merge to create the Homo-Superior.

Please dont take that away from us

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

December 21, 2012

No, you can't "respectfully" request anything because your fatalistic "me me me" attitude renders you utterly devoid of respect yourself. Instead of coming onto the forum and complaining about how bad the world is and "hoping" for a complete "reset" of the planet at the cost of humanity and billions of lives why don't you try to figure out a way to improve the situation? Go check if your elderly neighbours are warm. Make a stack of sandwiches and hand them out to the homeless. No? Bit too complicated eh? Easier to just come on this forum and scream for the end of the world. Pitiful little oik.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

More and more people around me think/feel this way about 2012. Even if nothing is meant to happen on 21 December this year, the massive resonance of this shared collective thought will in fact have some sort of impact on our reality. People will create armaggedon themselves if they believe and want it to happen so badly. The question is will it be a personal armaggedon or will they try to bring down the rest. I do not think we evolved from monkeys, therefore I do not think we share the same insticts of greed, malice and destruction. I believe they are being implanted in us, like the artificial needs Christopher Lasch talks about in the 'Culture of Narcissism'. Too much people here on ATS believe that greed is innate in us, when at the same time, we know that there are a small number of circles that control/dictate/distort the way people perceive the world, as if they try to make the general population a reflection of their value system. Embracing the idea of armaggedon is for the weak who have given up hope and have chosen to passively sit back and await their death.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Its a horrible world full of greed violence lust etc.

And it is absolutly 100% time to clean the slate and start again.

What exactly are you saying, that greed and violence didn't exist in early society? No sex either, right?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

You said: "This is a horrible nasty world, people here don't respect each other, their heritage, their elders, their leaders, their past, their neighbors, the earth they live on etc."

That statement is not totally true. I would say that some people are like that...but certainly not all people.

There are many people on earth that are respectful, that do care about their heritage, elders, leaders, past, neighbors and this planet earth that they live on.

There are many, many people who are trying to save earth and all the goodness that is still on this planet.

I think planet earth is worth saving....I still have hope.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShedAlert
We are animals. We are made up of the same components as animals. We survive the same way as animals, and due to our 'evolved' brain, we can do everything an animal can do, just on a greater scale. If you feel arrogant enough to blindly generalise the entire human race due to some problems you're facing in your life (as you clearly are, otherwise you wouldn't be inclined to make this thread. To me that shows selfishness, cowardice, disbelief, and anger, which unfortunately means that you are neither a decent 'human', as you wish for us all to die.

So, you are saying that we shouldn't give into the temptations of pleasure? Of what we are given? Every single action aperson takes is subjective to another person, for example killing foxes for sport is subjective to each individual. Just because you do not like something somebody else is doing does not make them in any way a bad person, it means they have lead a different life than you.

Good things? Music, technology, charity, but unfortunately this benefits people, so in YOUR OWN eyes, these are bad things, right?

If you realy do not want to contribute to the progession of the human race, and you really do have nothing to live for, then I do suggest that you seek help, wallow in your bitterness until your die, or get it over with now.

and how have you contributed to this planet and the progression of the expendible human race?

when was the last time you lead a revolution?

when was the last time you rescued an innocent person from being decapitated and filmed for "youtube hits"?

when was the last time you donated a body part to save anther?

hell......

when was the last time you held a door open for someone?

you chose to sit on your filthy greasy, pimply ass watching netflix on your ipad2

i chose to live somewhere in the middle of the woods by my own means...

we have *2* similarities...

1) we are both doing NOTHING to contribute to this planet in a helpfull selfless way.

2) we are both humans(unfortunately)

however our differences?...are infinite go ahead and enjoy your life as part of the herd..contribute to your own gain and bennefit by working a meaningless job, that only keeps you busy and furthers the destruction and ignorance of this race.enjoy your ipod, and your redbox, and your toyota prius..HYPOCRITE

i'll enjoy, life for what its meant to be enjoyed for...not by "hunting foxes" for sport and fun, not by murdering innocent people, not by working an endless job and dying accomplishing NOTHING...no

i'll enjoy life by waking up every morning and looking at the bright ball you have come to know as the "sun", i will cherish this opportunity i was given to EXIST..i wont waste it, by going to starbucks and writing novels.

death we all have in common...however when you look back at how you experienced this reality..i have a feeling i will be far more satisfied than you...brother

edit on Mon Jan 2 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: fixed tags

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join