It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are drugs shortens our life?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Doctors prescribe different medicines for our various diseases, whether chronic or not,we take different medicines without the need such as food supplements.Drug abuse is a common practice nowadays, some people always take more than ten kinds of pills every day knowing that they can do more harm than good.

Drugs are commonly used to heal, but at the same time, after long-term we feel bad and do not know why.

Why?

Perhaps because the body's energy imbalance has nothing to do with the body's chemical balance, but doctors do not rely on it.

Exposure to drugs can be worse than exposure to radiation, chemical and electrochimc level as detoxification of chemicals may take longer than cleaning the body from radiation.

Although many people feel worse during treatment, do not realize that the drugs they take are the cause and that because they are prescribed by doctors.

Body may reach a peak of fragile balance health, so it is artificially maintained in a part of the scale value do you think we actually heal and maintain our control of chronic diseases.

Psyche is 90 percent of health, while only 10 percent physical.

TextDrug addiction and mental health Drug addiction frequently goes hand in hand with other mental health problems, including anxiety, depression, attention deficit disorder, and bipolar disorder. In many cases, the drug use is an attempt to self-medicate. When these problems co-occur, recovery depends on treating them both.
source(www.helpguide.org...

In the last part of life speacial drug consumption increases and we are not aware of it.

Do you abuse medicine and you don't realize that?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

All you got to do is flip on the T.V. and there's hundreds of law firms advertising that they'll represent you because this prescription has killed people or at least left them more incapacitated. Ibuprofen has been linked to ulcers and liver/kidney damage 1000s of people take that every day. Great article and people need to stop the madness they take drugs that have side effects that may include death, stroke, trouble breathing, heart attack, liver failure, kidney failure, really? come on people

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Yes it does shorten our life. each drug you take attacks livers and kidney almost always and others suffer other minor effects that accumulates.

Healthy mind and Sleep is cure for most of the sickness we encounter, but we have brought in diseases that require man made medicine to cure, throw in some media advertisement and control, you got today's society.

My mom got the habit of popping either Ibuprofen or Acetominophen for common cold, me on the other hand i stick with Ayurvedic or Herbal medicines, like Euclyptus in Fisherman's Friend's lozenges or Halls, or the Vapor rubs.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Headband7

flip on the T.V
Hmmm.I don't watch TV,because I don't have one....

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Yes it does shorten our life. each drug you take attacks livers and kidney almost always and others suffer other minor effects that accumulates.
Not only liver and kidney but many other organs such as heart ,lungs,brain,especially brain,bones,muscle tissue,skin,and so on..

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
The purpose of many pharmaceutical medications isn't necessarily to extend life-spans of the individual patients but, rather, to increase the quality of one's life.

Just look at pain medications for example.. Their use in matters of acute, intractable pain is not to extend one's life but to make that life one worth living. One could easily say the same thing about many other classes of pharmaceuticals.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by benevolent tyrant

necessarily to extend life-spans of the individual patients but, rather, to increase the quality of one's life.
Use of medications for chronic diseases are long-term disease and trigger the disease itself, hypochondria is also a disease.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
In a word NO. Drugs and medications on the whole prolong your life. Like most things, if they are abused, then you must suffer the consequences.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Wotan

if they are abused, then you must suffer the consequences.
Depends on the doctor you see .How many doctors have psychological preparation?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
You may cause damage to your self from using drugs to fight infections and painkillers to ease your pain. But if you look at the numbers we have been living older since the development of all these big bad chemicals. Here are some examples.]

Stats link has more info

Life expectancy in the USA, 1850-2004

Year Male Female
1850 38.3 40.5
Year Male Female
2004 75.7 76.5

Its all a curve with the natural effects that kill us real quick Against the bad side effects that kill us slower.
And as far as doctors that take a minimalist view on prescribing the newest drug. Cool for them there will always be people that want to side with whats already established. But you never got anywhere with out risk and reward.
I watched my mom die of cancer when I was a kid. I like to think she would have survived if the advances of cancer fighting had been like they are today. And thats nothing but poison.

edit on 2/1/12 by Arkansas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Arkansas

expectancy
We are very good at numbers but think,degradation of life in recent years no longer fits with the analytical analysis.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

That has to do with way more then a drug. But I didn't factor in all the mind altering drugs people take. And yes your right about those I will never take them or allow my kid to. They are for week minded people that were not taught to be strong minded.

Yet I know some men that need to be medicated. In another time the same guys would have died by the sword instead of going to prison. And there crimes are all violent very violent murder and attempted murder.

So its all a personal choice.

edit on 2/1/12 by Arkansas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

To be quite honest, with no criticisms, your reply was rather difficult to understand.

But, to reiterate my statement, medications aren't necessarily all meant to extend life spans but, rather, to make medical issues easier to endure.

If I had, for example, cancer, I would want to be prescribed pain medications. While these medications might not cure the cancer, they would certainly make my remaining time easier to endure.

If I had some other medical issue say, for example, a psychiatric disorder, the meds again might not prolong my life, but they might allow me to function in society.

As I understand it, pharmaceuticals aren't necessarily meant to extend one's lifespan but, rather, to minimize the medical issues which make life more difficult

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

But, to reiterate my statement, medications aren't necessarily all meant to extend life spans but, rather, to make medical issues easier to endure.
This is the other side of the coin,the positive one,but as I say in the opening post,abuse of drugs prescribed by the doctors without a psychological consultation before can and do worse,without patient's history disease.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

If I had some other medical issue say
This is a subject near full of finesse, but the truth is that millions of people suffer unknowingly from the abuse of drugs.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Arkansas

So its all a personal choice.
That's why we have doctors not to make personal choices , and also on a global scale there are extremes: countries without medical system and countries with an exacerbated medical system.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith

Originally posted by F4guy

English isn't your native language, is it? You have an important message but the odd syntax and grammar detract from it.
Well you may read through the lines,high thinking is always syntax and grammar detract,depend how qualified you are to read high thinking!!

"High thinking" without adequate expression is naked mental masturbation. It serves only to please the thinker, not enlighten the reader.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join