It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scarlett Johansson's Alleged Nude Pic Leaker Faces 121 Years

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by cal71919

We're not sympathizing with the hacker. What he did was wrong and he needs to pay the price. But is 121 years in jail a fair price to pay? It's NOT. And the fact is, more deranged people get less for crimes that are so much more heinous then what this hacker did. (Pedophiles, rapists +++)

This in my opinion is cruel and unusual punishment. Give the guy a maximum of five years and I bet you he probably won't do this again.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

It's especially sensitive for that reason, however. Nude pictures.

For that, you might as well have raped someone.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

What? Are you suggesting that stealing nude pictures is the same as rape?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

In my book, yes. But that's my own subjective thinking.

That's someone's most highest level of privacy.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Who is on the pointy end of such activity is not important, the penalty should be comensurate with the injury caused, the deterence value to the community and value to the public interest of the activity undertaken. Whether one is offended or not offended of having a nude pic of oneself out there, is immaterial.

Considering these factors does this offence still warrant this penalty?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
She will probably end up in Playboy in the futur ..
the judge is insane .. pedophile get 2-3 yrs and rapist 5 ..
but because she is madam Johanson
121 yrs is a bit harsh ..
she is beautiful .. and the one who leaked the picture didnt do that to laught at her

Her carriere will probably expend way much now .. like Kim K
she become billionaire because of her xxx vid
who was "leaked"

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
reply to post by Adyta

121 years for doing what the US government does on a daily basis.

Never hack, steal, lie, spy, cheat, rape, rob, plunder, or murder. Our government hates competition.

Ahah good one
cannot agree more with you on that
starred

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Regardless of who it happened to, I would not wish 121 years of prison over such a dumb misdeed on anyone. If it happened to a relative, I would hope it serves as a lesson not to take nude pictures of yourself with your phone due to how easily accessible and hackable information is today.

Basically, Scarlet Johansson gets embarrassed, hacker loses 10-20 years of his life. Where is the justice in this? He should just be fined and put on computer-probation, or put under house arrest and have his internet services discontinued for a while. I doubt he'd repeat the same actions.

ETA: We have no room in prison, and this guys actions were by no means violent, I don't think its worth releasing a violent offender to make room for a hacker.
edit on 2-1-2012 by DestroyDestroyDestroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I agree that 120(+) years is excessive, but I'm also an advocate for the harshest punishment available. My style of justice would include.

- Cold Blooded Murder = death
- Self Defense Murder = time served w/ psychiatric help
- Rape and/or Child Molestation = 1st offense 10 years,
2nd offense chemical castration, 3rd offense (should one occus) death
- Robbery with use of a weapon = 15 years (whether anyone was hurt or not)
If someone dies during said robbery... death. During prison time they will be working
to pay back the victim and/or family for loss of property, damages, etc.
- Computer Viruses, guilty party should have to serve time until every person
affected is reimbursed for their damaged equipment or losses (whether that be 1 person
affected or 20,000 people who need new computers or software)
- Someone who steals and shares movies or music should have to pay royalties per download
from their website (prison time until all debts are met).
- Legalize all drugs, but regulate and tax them. If you want to shoot up heroin, fine. But if you
show up to work high, it'll be like showing up to work drunk, meaning it a firing offense.
Also, life, medical, and auto insurance should be exempt from paying out to deaths or damages
caused by the use of drugs, placing all liability on the offender.
- Illegal drug dealing and distributing to minors will result in an instant 15 years of prison.
- Hacked nude photos taken from anyone, when said pics were meant as private, will result in the
offender meeting an equally embarrassing fate as his own nudity shall be put on display for the world to see. Humiliation for humiliation.
- Bank scams and fleecing of customers will result in a breakdown of corporation in which all of its pieces will be sold on the market as shares. Offending parties will be imprisoned for 5-10 years, while their companies are traded on the market to civilians. Profits earned during this sell off will be paid to the banks' victims in equal shares.

No getting out for good behavior. No lesson learned parole. No plea agreements. All sentenses are final.
Appeals have five years to come up with new evidence to clear offenders before death sentences
and/or castrations will be carried out. Clear cut "red handed" cases will receive immediate punishment, as to save tax payer money.

Prisoners will be placed into work programs working to rebuild the infrastructure of this country, which will serve as both a tax relief on citizens and a budget saving for the government as they will have free labor, minus room and board. Lower offense crimes can have their sentences waved in exchange for military service (minor gang violence, public destruction). You like to fight and blow things up, and be part of a gang (team)? We've got a job for you. Prisoners will work for a wage in order to pay for their food, clothing, and electricity. No other luxuries will be provided save for a library of reference or children's books.

In prison gang activity will immediately be broken up. No phone calls to the outside world. All messages/letters will be received by the prison and re-written in layman terms to keep code messaging to a minimum. All soap and water during bathing will come from the same showerhead (much like a car wash). All tooth brushes will be cardboard based (one time use). There will be nothing for prisoners to use as weapons. No smoking will be permitted on the premises. No mass yard activity. Exercise will be received on job. No sense of the outside world at all. Prisoners need to miss freedom. They need to miss luxury. They need to long for privacy and to be treated like a human again.

All of this sounds strict, but if you want to stop the crime in this world, we need to stop sending people to resorts for murder. We need to remove their in-prison luxuries. The punishment needs to be so severe that no one would dare break a law, because the punishment seems worse than the crime.

This photo Scarlett had on her phone was a private thing between her and the person it was meant for. There is no difference between the crime committed here and the crime of someone breaking into your home and snapping a couple of pics of your wife/daughter. Computers, though they are linked to the outside world, are meant for private use. To hack one is equal to breaking and entering in my book and should be punished accordingly.

To wave this matter off as "lesson learned", is giving permission to anyone to hack another person's computer, including your own, which is odd since most of you scoff at the idea of the Government reading your emails and infiltrating your facebook accounts.
edit on 2-1-2012 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by mrperplexed

Got what they deserved? Making these pictures is not a crime! This sentence is waaay over the top, but they dont deserve this to happen for doing something totally legal, despite any moral issues you seem to have with it. Partners send each other photos like this more and more often, theres nothing wrong about doing this at all. she wasnt posting them all over the net, its something intimate couples do for each other and just because some prudes think its wrong doesnt mean that.they deserve to be criminaly targeted. Not all people are aware how silly it is to do with the danger of hacking, it doesnt mean they deserve it tho. its such an old fasioned way to look at it like judges who say provocatively dressed women were asking to be rapoesed, its not smart to do no, but uit doesnt mean they deserve it!

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Every year in prison is a year some kid does not get his education. It costs a lot of money for prison. Non-violent criminals should pay it off in community service.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

The Government's intended purpose was to protect our rights as citizens against those who infringe upon our own.

So it's good in that regard...a person should have a right to Privacy ....as well as their own personal effects...photographs included ...

I don't care much for Thieves in general, cyber or otherwise and is one of the few instances in which I can honestly resort to using the word Hate.

Namely because they are cowards and stealthily relieve you of your property that you've worked hard for.

The 121 years does sound excessive but this is done purposefully in order to ...make a statement by....

1.) Using this individual as an example in order to Intimidate others who still perpetrate these types of crimes.

2.) Back the defendant against a wall and thereby providing the prosecution the upper hand in negotiations.

For really what they really want is often times to understand how these Hackers actually break into these systems...

And with 121 years hanging over this guy's head....they've got plenty of time to learn.

Peace to All and Happy New Year !

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I completely agree with your assessment. It is utterly ridiculous that individuals who commit crimes that are much worse, especially violent crimes, often times do not receive sentences so harsh. I wonder if it has anything to do with her being a "celebrity?"

Whether one wants to believe it or not, those who are famous and/or wealthy will always be treated more fairly than those who aren't well-known and/or poor.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

Murder someone get out early for good behavior.

Smoke pot go to prison for life.
Hack someone? 121 year sentence.

Something doesn't look right here.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

Self Defense Murder = time served w/ psychiatric help

Time served? I'd give the guy a medal and more bullets.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

It isn't quite the same thing because Mia never exploited them except as grounds for divorce but I remember when Mia Farrow supposedly found graphic images Woody Allen had taken of their (at the time, underage adopted) daughter Soon Yi. I always figured he got away with it because Soon Yi ended up carrying on the affair with him but also because she was an unknown adopted Asian chick and he was Woody Allen. I don't recall he did any time. This is a messed up system when right and wrong depends on how much money you have.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

This is f*ckin insane! an average life sentence in britain lasts 13.7 years!!!!!

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
if i was the judge? 5 years with time off for good behavior...forbidden to use a computer or smart device for 10 years. and 40 hrs. community service in a womans shelter or similar place.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
The guy is not seen as a threat and has been released on bond.

SCARLETT JOHANSSON’s Nude Pics “Hackerazzi” Set Free

$10,000 bond doesn't seem high. I think the 121 years is a product of bad math.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
they take privacy very seriously because they as in the aristocracy are some of the filthiest most twist sickest individuals on the planet and they wouldnt want the voters finding just how disgusting they are .

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join