It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ranger shot, killed at Mount Rainier National Park (Park Closed Until Further Notice)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by DISINFORMANT
You could be right, but I'm fairly certain that my profile has timezones configured properly. When I'm signed in and looking at admiralmary's posts list, hs/her last post was at 8:34 AM (that's my time zone, pacific). When you look at it, it says 10:34 AM (right?) because nashville's in the central time zone.

If that is the case then you would be correct!

Then that would be interesting...........I hope not tho!

Thanks for bringing it up

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Just trying to do my part. I'm surprised in general though that his thread is only just now on the third page.. I haven't seen any other threads about this subject and normally ATS is all over stories like this.
I certainly hope the shooter isn't admiralmary also. it's tragic that Jared loughner turned out to be an ATS user. We certainly don't need more of this type of thing tied to our favorite web hangout.. On the other hand, I don't think it's prudent to deny the possible, however improbable, reality.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
The suspect is a soldier (timetable of duty status unknown) who's had duty in Iraq. He was on the run after another shooting as has been reported.

The park is a short distance from the from the suburbs and the man has ties nearby in Eatonville, the largest city close to the park.

I feel bad for the park rangers and the dead woman's family, but I have to ask myself why she tried to confront this man on her own? That's what traffic stops can turn into and I just don't think they can get enough training in such matters when they have so many other responsibilities.

I disagree with the turning of our park rangers into the police, because this will just create more distrust of everyone entering the park. Instead of teaching classes about wildlife and respecting the parks they're taking down license plates and checking for warrants.

Going for a hike to get away from the clutter of civilization and the TSA rangers stop you on the trail or road to the parking lot to check your hiking papers.

I hope they get the guy without any more bloodshed, but it looks like they're setting up a Rambo like confrontation instead of just letting him tire out in the cold.
edit on 2-1-2012 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DISINFORMANT

Keep up the good work and keep us informed. I am watching with interest now.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
The first thing that comes to mind is the park is host to a grow zone for illegal substances, and when your caught red handed with something that could potentially put you in prison for life, murder appears more like self defense when its your life you are defending. Reputations would also be at stake, thus making it a no-fly zone for the media and the like, but if you want to completely shut off all drug trafficking from the grow zone, the only logical thing to do is close the park.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
There have been more than one deranged killer who has been a poster on ATS. As things get bleaker in the world and people with certain "personality types" get fired up expect more user to go postal. If it is an ATS user its not the first and sure as hell wont be the last.

My condolences to the family of the Ranger that was killed.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Drug traffickers are planting millions of xxxxxxxxx near tourist sites in the United States, guarding their plots with heavy weaponry. "We destroy their plants and they come back, sometimes to the same spot, and replant," U.S. Forest Service Special Agent Russ Arthur told CNN.

link

Its a shame you cant even camp nowadays,in fear of crazy's with an agenda.

Prayers for the Rangers family.

Dear gods. People being killed because a natural plant is being planted. This world has gone crazy!(er)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
When man tracking with helo's they can fly a patern to herd people in a certain direction...no need for other randomly flying news helicopters to be screwing that up. Also close the park so the only person that could possibly be visible is the bad guy...and confusing the dogs with random people scents and targets.

Not an easy job clearing a whole forest....

at least there is snow on the ground.

makes sense no?

edit on 2-1-2012 by The Great Day because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
This is a sad situation all the way around.
The shooter, and Iraq vet, by the sound of it,may be suffering the effects of PTSD and not really be in control of himself....
I believe when it all comes out in the washing they will manipulate the news to cover the ugly results that accrue from sending our kids off to meet and kill people of foriegn lands.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

My exact thoughts. I saw this and could only wonder, does this have something to do with the new seismic activity...

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

You and I think alike. I immediately suspected it to be a cover story. Curiosity seekers would have come by the droves had they closed off Rainier due to seismic activity... like they did with St. Helens. But a gunman on the loose is another story. Nobody wants to get shot... so they stay home.

edit on 2-1-2012 by shushu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
i refuse to comment!

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by admiralmary
i refuse to comment!

hahaha ^^ I just waited for that moment

so the mobile network is good out there in the park? You even managed to hide you´re posting from a mobile

edit on 2-1-2012 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
I hate to be "that guy" but HOLY CRAP!!!

Never in my life have I heard of a national park being closed to public, AND air traffic being blocked off for a murder. The timing is tooooooooooooo perfect!!! What is this the first time in... EVER that a ranger has been killed there? And it HAPPENS to take place when the mountain is showing signs of activity?!?!?

I love ATS

What if the dark forces that planted the nukes that caused Fikashims, are doing the same now!

No Fly ZONE, Stinks to high heaven,

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo515
The first thing that comes to mind is the park is host to a grow zone for illegal substances, and when your caught red handed with something that could potentially put you in prison for life, murder appears more like self defense when its your life you are defending. Reputations would also be at stake, thus making it a no-fly zone for the media and the like, but if you want to completely shut off all drug trafficking from the grow zone, the only logical thing to do is close the park.

Hate to burst you prohibitionist's little bubble of fantasy. But here is reality. In Washington it is the dead of winter and the Mt. Rainer area is covered in snow.So your "shut down the grow zone" displays an ignorance that seems fueled by hysterical media reports of "cartel" activity in the national parks. Some advice? First realize not much grows in several feet of snow and second that you immediately jump to this particular conclusion shows you are well trained to respond in the way that makes this the leading country incarcerating it's people. They are playing "manhunter" and do not want company or observers in case they screw up. Simple,eh? no need to create cartel snow devils protecting their crop of white powder LOL.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The following was something that stood out as odd in regards to the officers memorial page. I want to be clear that I do have a heart and offer my sincerest condolences to the friends and family of the officer however I still feel I must point out what I feel are oddities with this story as it progresses.

If I/and those that share the "it just doesn't feel right" mentality are in fact wrong and nothing ominous with Mt. Rainier is occurring other than the reported story then it wouldn't be the first time, it was outside of the box thinking and ATS allows for a great platform to do so.

On that note...

One of the things that stand out to me is the comment on a Officer Down Memorial Page in remembrance of the officer. It was the most recent reflection out of 399 (as of this post) so far and is seemingly from U.S. Customs and Border Protection. The choice of wording used is quite interesting, specifically the "anarchy" part.

Most Recent Reflection

Rest in peace little sister. From heavens above watch over us who continue our battle against anarchy, crime and violence. May God grant peace and fortitude to your family.

SCBPO Erick J.Herrera
US Customs and Border Protection
January 2, 2012

I read through a handful of others but somehow this one was a "red flag" of sorts.
edit on 1/2/2012 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by admiralmary

Glad to see it wasn't you. Always be careful what you post.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Could you supply a link, please??? Nevermind... LOL. I missed it. Sorry.
edit on 2-1-2012 by shushu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by shushu

Here is a direct link to the actual reflections themselves: Reflections
edit on 1/2/2012 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
not everything is a conspiracy theory sorry but your just trying to make something out of nothing

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join